XY9 Rage of the Broken Heavens!

IT’S REAL @azulryu get hype

According to the image, the set is the second expansion of the XY BREAK era and the 9th XY expansion overall. The set will feature 80 cards plus SR and UR variants, and centers around shiny M Gyarados-EX. It will release on December 11th. Confirmed by BulbaNewsNOW on twitter.

Also revealed are 3 "battle strengthening’ decks which appear to feature an ancient trait Eeveelution plus an EX card.

11 Likes

Best Christmas ever. :grin:

3 Likes

Oh my lord!

1 Like

Xy8 isn’t even out yet, why are they already releasing teasers for xy9?!?

4 Likes

The Shiny M-Gyarados FA will look like total shit because of the horrific text and ‘effects’ on it.
BUT NEVER MIND THAT SHIT. GYARADOS THEMED SET
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS1cLOIxsQ8

5 Likes

Who knows?? But more importantly, who cares?!

2 Likes

They have done this before. It seems so long ago now but Megalo Cannon promotional images came out a full month before Thunder Knuckle/Spiral Force came out.

2 Likes

XY9 promo images come out before dual sets of XY8 come out…just like BW9 promo images come out before dual sets of BW8…

2 Likes

OMG Gyarados full art. I’m so excited

5 Likes

I have created an accurate depiction baring no exaggeration to my authentic reaction through this excessive compilation of gifs.

I am not sorry.

I mean…

That’s cool, I guess.

5 Likes

I don’t want cancer to be cured.
I don’t want AIDS to be cured.
I don’t want the world to be at peace.
I don’t want endangered species to be protected.

All I want for Christmas as a Shiny FA Magikarp and Shiny FA Gyarados.

4 Likes

Shiny and non-Shiny Alternates?

It’s going to happen. It HAS to happen.

It would be amazing if they made M-Gyarados break through it’s text as if to say, “Screw this, I don’t even need text!”

1 Like

I sense a M Salamence line in this set…

2 Likes

@shizzlemetimbers you’d be interested in this for sure.

1 Like

YES PLEASE! I will take one of everything thank you!

2 Likes

How disappointing that they are using Shiny Mega Gyarados. The original colours are far better imo.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I do agree with you.

However, when they released cards of Mega Rayquaza, they showed both shiny and non-shining variants. Considering that Mega Gyarados hasn’t been released in card form, I wouldn’t doubt the possibility that they’ll have a regular Mega Gyarados as well either in this installation or one soon after. Especially considering the recent buildup of Gyarados related products and cards we’ve seen in the last few months.

I’m guessing they chose Shining Mega Gyarados for marketing purposes, as Shining Gyarados is sometimes an important marketing tool in Japan for sales (to the point that some Pokemon Centers use the Pokemon every now and then.), or at least that’s how it seems.

Edit: I just realized something. This will be released near Christmas. As well as the new Star Wars Film a week after. Gyarados and Star Wars are two of my favorite things. Christmas is truly coming early. ; - ;

5 Likes

Star Wars sucks.

3 Likes