20th Anniversary Set/Evolutions Thread

20th Anniversary Set In September + Surfing Pikachu And M Slowbro-EX!

www.pokebeach.com/2016/05/20th-anniversary-set-in-september-surfing-pikachu-and-m-slowbro-ex

The set will have at least 87 cards, excluding secret rares. Venusaur, Charizard, Dragonite, Machamp, Starmie, and Ninetales will be some of the Generation I Pokemon featured. Each booster box will contain 15 booster packs, and each pack will have 10 cards, including a guaranteed holo card. This is all we know about the set at this time.

Also releasing alongside the set is a special ā€œM Slowbro EX + Surfing Pikachuā€ blister pack! Each blister pack will contain three of the aforementioned ā€œ20th Anniversary Concept Packā€ booster packs as well as four promo cards: Surfing Pikachu, Slowbro-EX, M Slowbro-EX, and a Slowbro Spirit Link!

12 Likes

Another anniversary set?

Iā€™m thinking these will be the generations promo full arts

Anyone have predictions ?

1 Like

Jesus Christ, CP6 already???

My god.

2 Likes

CP6 is actually Expansion Pack 20th Anniversary if you do a translation. It never says anything about Concept Pack. Just a small note on beachā€™s translation error.

2 Likes

They are milking usā€¦

4 Likes

so, this might be interesting! Will it be more of a throwback than the generations set? Were they testing the water with some reprints? Are we going to see more retro cards?

please post pictures of these items here, and my question for this thread isā€¦ What would you like this set to be like? And are you afraid of how mega slowbro will turn out? (And wonder why there isnā€™t a mega slowking instead)

Mega Slowbro is actually one of my favorite Mega designs. I mean come on, you just canā€™t help but smile everytime you look at his helpless face. x]

My only wish for this set is that they release a FA Moltres to complete the Bird Trio started in Generations. Fill in all the holes in the first 150 left by Generations, making this like a Part II, and itā€™d be a fantastic addition to the lineup.

4 Likes

Wait what happened, I made this thread 0_o

There was already a thread when you made yours so I merged it.

1 Like

already preordered :wink: :blush:

2 Likes

This is so promising, but Iā€™m afraid it will be anpther generations abomanation

I wish they kept surfing pika a secret and also gave us more random cards from the set.

How about a full holo, full art, birthday pikachu as a secret. Happy 20th!

Will this be that set weā€™ve been waiting for?

2 Likes

I here you on the moltres, lets hope for that.

But what. Slowbro? Doesnt appeal to me at all. Looks like an april fools mega to me. Could have been much cooler as a poke.

8 Likes

Full Art Moltres & Suicune please!

2 Likes

I think itā€™s perfectly okay to have some cutesy/comic relief designs in there; not every mega has to just look super awesome. The Slowpoke line was made for giggles from the start anyway, and the mega just amplifies that. Every Pokemon has its own role to play. :blush:

3 Likes

www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CARD-00001137&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dpokemon%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CARD-00001136&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dpokemon%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Thanks for the link, I better be able to get my
Japanese full Art blastoise now :thinking:?

2 Likes

I hope this will be the set that sucky Generations should have been.

3 Likes