THE Great Grading Results Thread

Oh damn, I didn’t even realise they were in different languages since I only thought it was released in Japan lol.

And yes, it didn’t even occur to me after reading Lucario instead of seeing the Japanese lol.

edit: does Pokemon even have a master database of what cards they have released where and when and for what

After all these years there isn’t even one, at least one that is user friendly, for English. pkmncards comes closest but still misses variants and digital files for later sets obscure what the differences are between releases ie holofoil patterns

I pulled all of these either last year or earlier this year. Very pleased with the results!

9 Likes

I take back what I said about PSA damaging my card. After talking to a few folks and looking at it some more at different angles, it looks like I have a pinched foil layer PSA 10 alt art Charizard. I initially thought it was dented, but it looks like it’s protruding outwards instead of inwards. The backside is smooth. I swear this was not there when I sent it in, but I’d gladly be wrong and not have this actually be a damaged (dented) card.

Anyhow, I didn’t know PSA graded pinched layers. But here we are.

Just got my most recent return back! 14/16 10s, I’ll take it!

Several pop 2 and 3 cards in this return. Getting closer and closer to completing the Greninja Master Set.

11 Likes

Congrats! Also hmmm. Is Greninja your favorite pokemon? Love seeing a fellow frog fan. Venusaur is tied with Dragonite for my pick of #1.

Charizard is my #1, but Greninja is much easier to collect and is #2. Much less things to get for the Greninja Set Registry.

1 Like

I finally sent out some PSA 9s that I cracked out. ex er holos and reverses. I got 19/58 PSA 10s this time around.

I had other subs with similar quality if not better. My sacrifice cards that trifectas of too off centered for 9s, whitening plus scratches got 9s. I put a moltres from TRR in front of my TRR mewtwo ex. everything else in the sub was in set order. The moltres got a PSA 10 and it was missing pieces of ink. like tiny pixels missing from a screen. There’s always spectualation, but I find it funny how cards I expect to get much lower get higher, and my other cards that are mint+ get the same grade.

3 Likes

Congrats on the gyarados. I love this artwork and it looks even better in japanese.

2 Likes

Ok so I got my other sub in today. WHY oh WHY couldn’t I get this grader on my last, far more important sub? WHYYYY.

Same quality of cards as last one, if not generally worse. In fact, some, like the rhydon and ninetales, were not subbed in the hopes of getting a 9. It was just merely to add a few more cards to fill it in and make it worth the expensive shipping. So funny how on one day a pack fresh card, like most of the shadowless in my last order, can get a 7, then on another day, a card with legit wear and tear can get a 9.

Pictures of Rhydon

Regardless, happy about this sub. Some cards to help fund collection goals, and a few beautiful additions to the collection. Now if I can only get a grader like this for my obligatory repeat attempt on my shadowless cards.

11 Likes

congrats on the sub and especially the HGSS22! that’s my favorite English holo Porygon

2 Likes

I knew you’d like that one manny :wink:

1 Like

Super happy to get these back today!

14 Likes

Couldn’t be happier! Huge thanks to @camrok37 for getting me this beautiful Slowking signed by Midori Harada. I absolutely love this card! :heart:

12 Likes

Looks so great in a slab! :+1: Glad it all worked out!

1 Like

Overall very pleased with this return. Might crack the Espeon V and resubmit at some point but not in a major hurry to do so

15 Likes

Overall happy with my latest return. Some highlights:

7kxsCw3MkEuUV6vjcd4TbQ
CEOuaqGVAkyHg-dmKmye4Q
Iqq2-bdYjkKmIH-DdFGfzA
OwIZZVuS0UmFlVubaAYMEQ
p2x4Gq6KHkWjZrqFzuoKag
pUNz7D67T0WEzSJRxFXZBg
UwkweiZun06DXlK8aN5gpA

12 Likes

Happily at a 69% Gem Mint rate in my 235 card submission. :slightly_smiling_face:

strong text

3 Likes

Grading finished. Possibly the rarest Typhlosion variant? Be interested how big the unlimited XY8 print run was. Only one I’ve ever seen come up.

11 Likes

Congrats!! My unlimited XY9 which was the only one I’ve ever seen also got a 10 a bit back. Sadly, there had already been one graded. So I have to settle with a pop 2.

1 Like

Nice! Unlimited XY is niche but some of these sets are some of the rarest out there. Think they are still flying under the radar a bit.

1 Like