THE Great Grading Results Thread

12 Likes

Believe it or not but i called it the day before. I even called the correct PSA employee who would email me!

9 Likes

What is the logic for them upcharging you when there is no difference in the quality of service?

This is further reinforced by what kinds of cards can get damaged in handling and encapsulating - that is, any card since they don’t treat them differently.

Allegedly, it is because of PSA’s authenticity and grade guarantee.

99% of what I typically get graded is Japanese from more niche releases and luckily they have never upcharged them, despite a lot being way over the insurance value claimed. Yeah, paying more money for essentially the same service is lame, yeah, PSA wont retroactively apply this insurance if say the card were damaged in grading but deemed a 10 without the damage, ect ect ect many loopholes and it kinda sucks. At the end of the day i can tolerate an upcharge every once in a while. It doesnt get me too excited but like i say, ive broken the rules and not gotten caught way more, so its fine

That’s gotta feel good!!! Congrats

Had to post the W here!

Just graded my first 10 ever! Fitting since Celebrations is what got me back into collecting. :confetti_ball:

Thanks to @PokeKnowledgeCards for the encouragement to submit!

20 Likes

Sent in my first (81-card) submission directly to PSA for the Feb special, and thought I’d update on some cards I’ve posted around the forum before:

Overall really pleased with the grades, I agree with about 85% of the grades, got lucky on some and unlucky on others but it’s relatively evened out. 1 x 8, 26 x 9, 54 x 10, and I was definitely aiming for a 9 on a few cards.

The most anticipated grade for me was this one:

Super happy with the 10!

Another card that’s special to me is this Koffing that I was gifted by @stryker2407 for SS, I thought it was super clean, and vending is peak Komiya for me!

Look at this goofball!

33 Likes

This is just awesome. Congratulations on the grades. Would love to see the whole return in your collection thread, since there seem to be some really great cards. Thanks for sharing this.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Great idea! I think I’ll wait until I have them in hand because the PSA scans are not that great…

2 Likes

Awesome cards :stuck_out_tongue: . I have a similar submission currently in QA2 . Hopefully my grades are similar :laughing:

2 Likes

Beautiful cards :smiling_face_with_tear:! The Celebi EX and ___'s Mew promos are so gorgeous.

1 Like

Holy Jesus, that Tyranitar hit me straight in the chest. Swirl heaven, orb heaven, layout heaven, art heaven! The perfect card.

2 Likes

Finally subbed some of my modern pulls, as well as some older stuff.

11 Likes

Got back my Fan Club Magikarp that I bought raw from Japan with the help of a middle man.

Video of result: https://youtu.be/1ztjITw-OIE

10 Likes

love how only the shiny magikarp has holo pattern!!
beautiful card

photo_2023-03-26_23-01-36 (2)

From earlier this year.

21 Likes

15$ bulk.
Some of the highlights. Only upcharge was Latias alt .

4 Likes

Great cards and mad waifu cash

1 Like

I am soooo jealous of the Hex Manaic, been trying to find one to grade for a decent price for a long time!

1 Like