Sales Data for 2003-2007 EX PSA 9/10 Cards-Jan 2022 Update!

www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Pokemon-EX-Fire-Red-Leaf-Green-Holo-Charizard-105-PSA-10-GEM-MINT/402557630586

Pretty much sat at the same spot as last time.

Update coming today or tmrw!

Updated for December! I have changed the list from being record prices to now reflecting the most recent sales. :blush:

2 Likes

Its so cool to see how much of an outlier Milotic is compared to the rest of the cards from Emerald and just most cards in general!

1 Like

www.ebay.com/itm/303784090306

That was quick! I knew it wasn’t going to stay at $500 ($1000?) for long. Honestly, $310 is still high, but more reasonable at least.

Also, (mildly) interesting thing I just realized about Milotic: only ex in PSA 10 worth more than a sealed booster box of the set it comes from.

1 Like

Wow, only $310? I heard the PWCC one ($1k) was paid for, how did it happen?

IDK…definitely a pretty insane drop-off, though. -70% in a week lol. EX Series prices are wonky right now. Definitely haven’t reached equilibrium yet. It will be interesting to see how well the supply from PSA gets absorbed. It’s not clear how many people genuinely want a PSA 10 Kingdra ex and how many people are just trying to make a quick flip or “invest.” I feel like I might be one of the only people who actually wants one lol. Hopefully the prices continue to deflate as supply starts to hit the market over the next year.

Honestly I feel like ex prices have been doing this for a few months. Even back in September I paid about 50% of the highest sale over the summer for a PSA 10 Raichu ex from Sandstorm. Then the price went back up again but not to the high previously seen. Really seems like prices on these are a matter of timing, availability, and just pure luck.

I have slowed down my ex purchases because of the volatility. Prices are prices and I can’t change those, but there has been a pretty clear pattern of record-high sales (see Blastoise, Kingdra, I think maybe even Rocket’s Mewtwo) followed by near-immediate price retraces. Seems like a risky time to buy or sell.

2 Likes

You’re not the only one who wants a Kingdra ex, lol. I actually like the artwork a lot as a kid (also one of the first ex I got as a kid). Sold that PSA 10 copy because I still have 2 mint copies at PSA right now (been registered for a couple of months now, and still waiting to be graded).

2 Likes

Absolutely. But it’s been mostly just the PSA 10s. The PSA 9s seem to be relatively consistent, or at least they aren’t experiencing the same gigantic swings.

And then the late EX Series holos have just gone nuts. Like, people are paying $80-$100 for PSA 9s of $2 cards. I genuinely don’t understand it. But I’m in the same boat as you. I’m buying cards only when I feel like the value is there (like the $600 Raikou ex PSA 10; previous sales of $750 and $800 from several months ago, small-medium pop, $100 card raw NM, etc.). But I can’t rationalize spending $500 (or even $300) on a PSA 10 Kingdra ex (one of the highest pops of any ex, is a $10 card raw NM, from a high ex pull rate set, unpopular Pokemon, was a $70 card earlier this year, etc.). I expect the prices on lots of this stuff to drop as supply starts to come back from PSA and as speculators get bored with the lack of stonking. It will be super interesting to watch unfold, regardless.

1 Like

I like the card, too. Not one of my favorites, but still a nice-looking card for sure. And that makes a lot of sense. I’d do the exact same thing lol.

1 Like

That Kingdra ex is solid I wouldn’t mind a 10 haha. Prices for these definitely go all over the place and I love the discussion about it in here. One of my favorite threads at the moment. I plan to start picking up 9s soon for Dragon Frontiers exs and I do want 10s for some cards so I’m looking forward to seeing these prices progress.

2 Likes

Over 20 ex PSA 10s on pwcc! Will be interesting for sure. Will be updating with most recent prices once that finishes in 10 days. I have to drop the kingdra price quite a lot xD

2 Likes

I think anyone that has followed ex prices for a while knew that the 1k sale of kingdra wasnt a “real” sale. The 250-300 mark makes complete sense for the low tier ex’s. I would also expect it to stay in that range unless a huge influx of psa 10’s are added to the pop, which I’m doubtful of.

2 Likes

Absolutely. It’s still crazy, though, to see a paid-for $1k sale and then a $300 sale a week later.

And yeah, PSA 10 pop growth has been astonishingly slow. There are 62 PSA 10 Kingdras and the most recent one was added in February. But there have been 14 PSA 9s of it this year, so it’s not a matter of them not being graded. People just aren’t sending in many 10 candidates clearly.

1 Like

Next update gonna be sick, half the big hitters listed @pwcc right now :grin:!

3 Likes

Some interesting sales data from tonight! I finally won a couple auctions:

PSA 10 RS Sneasel ex - $560

PSA 10 DF Flygon ex - $470

Didn’t expect to win the Flygon, but sweet lol. Also, that Salamence ex…JFC. One of the weakest ex 10s I’ve seen. Ew. I would’ve happily bought it for more than it went for if it was a normal 10.

3 Likes

Beat me on the Flygon. Congrats! Definitely some interesting sales. Certainly not one narrative throughout.

1 Like

That was very fun to watch! I also learned I have no idea how to guess the prices for many of these cards, with many selling less for what I anticipated and others far more!

Very happy to see a Walrein crack $400. I bought that for $60 a little over a year ago!

1 Like

Thanks man! Yeah – some surprisingly high sales:

• PK Walrein ex - $405
  • PK Shiftry ex - $405
  • UF Lugia ex - $3938
  • DX Deoxys ex #98 - $1447
  • SS Aggron ex - $660
  • SS Aerodactyl ex - $510

But some surprisingly low sales, too. Namely:

• RG Charizard ex - $5500
  • DF Rayquaza ex - $635
  • DS Flareon ex - $1000
  • TR Rocket’s Scizor ex - $810
  • TR Rocket’s Sneasel ex - $888
  • TR Rocket’s Entei ex - $887

All of those were surprising to me, at least. Lots of helpful new data points either way.

1 Like