Sales Data for 2003-2007 EX PSA 9/10 Cards-Jan 2022 Update!

I would be very surprised if the kingdra gets paid for. It’s not low pop and was one of the cheapest ex’s for the longest time.

2 Likes

Eh, I think it will go back down. Even $300 is too much for the card. There were like 10 copies on eBay for $70 a piece in March that took ages to sell lol. There are literally thousands of other cards that I’d prioritize buying for $300, let alone $1000.

1 Like

To be the very best, like no one ever was. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I’m going for the bigger ex cards and picking up the cheaper higher pop ones later on

5 Likes

Legendary Response ^^

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the data and responses! As mentioned, I am updating my excel file every few days and will be posting an update on the weekend. Thanks to Hisoka for that very detailed list!

Would people like me to update for the most recent sale if it goes lower? EG the raikou record was $800 but it just sold for $600. Should I leave it at $800 or mark it to $600? I believe these ex 10s rarely sell for lower than the last sale (within a small margin) due to their lack of availability. I’m saying that, in some instances they do. I’m just not sure how to approach it and whether people want to see a most recent sale list or a record price list ?

2 Likes

I´d personally like to see the most recent sale price, as I´m using this guide to get an understanding of the latest price point of a particular card when I want to buy one myself. Maybe you could even implement the “record” sale as an extra number but that would be a bit more work.

3 Likes

Awesome dude, good luck :grin:

Whatever is easier for you works. It would be cool to see if the prices goes down though to see a most recent price along with the record price.

1 Like

I agree with this. I think most recent + record sale price (which will be the same 99% of the time) is the best way to do this.

The market for PSA 10 exs is weirrrrddd. It’s a prime example of a low supply, low demand market niche. Most exs have <40 PSA 10s and most have 0 or 1 copies listed for sale at any given time. But the number of buyers is also very small. There aren’t many new PSA 10 ex collectors. The hobby has seen a huge influx of people, but the vast majority haven’t touched the EX Series (yet, at least). If demand doesn’t pick up for it, it wouldn’t surprise me if we see a retrace on certain PSA 10s over the course of the next year or so – not on the low pop ones, but on the higher pop ones (i.e., the HL regis, secret rare birds). The pops for these are going to increase by quite a bit over the coming months. Though I don’t expect more than 2-3 new PSA 10s to be added for most of the low pop exs over the next year (based on pop report trends).

2 Likes

www.ebay.com/itm/402557630586

^^this ended last night. Not much of a difference from the last one but its cool to see 2 sales of that high of a price!

1 Like

I’ve sold a PSA 10 Typhlosion EX from sandstorm for 720GBP/900USD in september and a PSA 10 Mr Mime Ex (110) for 260GBP/350USD last week if that helps with the data at all.

1 Like

Thanks! Will update with these as well.

New PWCC block is up and there are quite a few PSA 10 exs (including some seldom seen ones) to watch:

• RS Mewtwo ex
  • RS Sneasel ex
  • SS Aerodactyl ex
  • SS Aggron ex
  • SS Wailord ex
  • RG Blastoise ex
  • RG Charizard ex
  • RG Gengar ex
  • both RG Mr. Mime exs
  • RG Venusaur ex
  • HL Regirock ex
  • HL Registeel ex
  • TR Rocket’s Mewtwo ex
  • DS Flareon ex
  • EM Medicham ex
  • CG Exploud ex
  • DF Flygon ex
  • DF Rayquaza ex
  • PK Shiftry ex

I believe this is a complete list of all PSA 10s up for sale (please let me know if I missed any). I bolded the ones that will be especially interesting to get pricing data for.

6 Likes

An awesome selection of 10s coming up. Thanks for sharing [mention]zorloth [/mention] I’m looking forward to seeing what wailord sells for.

2 Likes

Also interested to see what the milotic 9 goes for seeing as they are all being bought as soon as they are listed on ebay

4 Likes

Yeah with Milotic sitting at the top of exs it’s interesting to see what they go for.

1 Like

Not interested in the gengar ex sales data? :blush:

Higher pop (not for FRLG, but in general) so more sales data. But will definitely be an interesting one!

1 Like

Looks like kingdra was paid for. I guess that means all other ex’s are undervalued right? :blush:

Probably just an ethical shill bidder lol

Regardless, I strongly feel that the card shouldn’t be more than $200 or maybe $250. There’s been a weird market trend recently where all of the formerly $150-$200 PSA 10s have now tripled or quadrupled in value. But the formerly $500 PSA 10s…are still $500 lol. The market is irrational right now.