PSA 10 Fire Red Leaf Green Charizard Ex

Just inquiring if anybody has recent private sales data to gauge a price during this time.

I noted the last eBay sale in August, but figured I’d ask for October or even late September.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Someone is selling one for £2250 on IG, previously sold for that an the buyer backed out.

If you could PM me the seller it would be great!

Yeah pm me as well, I’ll take :v:t3: :heart_eyes:

Pm me too please.

Thanks!

Seems that must have been a steal :joy:

2 Likes

This should be a 5-6k card very soon if not already.

A PSA 9 FRLG Charizard Ex has just sold for £1150 ~ $1500 on UK ebay. So I think the PSA 10 must be worth at least 3 times as much.

1 Like

Funny enough, I can confirm this myself. I purchased one for (after fees/tax) $3642, odd number because of conversion rate. As far as I know this is the highest price paid yet, but here’s to another FRLG Charizard!

3 Likes

I bought one in August in the $3k range, maybe more like $3200. I have to check my spreadsheet. On my to-do list is sharing all of my EX PSA 10 purchase data towards the EX pricing thread. Just need to remember when I’m in front of my computer

This is an awesome card, certainly qualifies as vintage at this stage. I wasn’t collecting pokemon back then, but I imagine this was the original chase card from the set when FRLG was at retail

8 Likes

With how the market is moving, you should wait 1-2 weeks and update your spreadsheet. Updating anything today is pointless with how prices escalate buddy. I got one for 3k in July as well, it will be 5k in no time with this demand.

1 Like

The prices of PSA-graded EX Series cards have been pretty stagnant. Prices haven’t moved in a few months and I don’t see why they would be dramatically different in 2 weeks.

I was specifically referring to the Charizard Ex from FRLG, not the ex market in general. Theres a trend with vintage charizards and its a matter of time until that one gets attention as well. As my buddy Octavio says, its the rookie ex charizard!

1 Like

But the FRLG Charizard ex hasn’t moved in price (yet) either. I paid $500 for mine (a PSA 8) back in May/June and looking at the price right now, it seems to be about the same (or maybe slightly more). But I agree that, relative to other Charizards, the FRLG Charizard ex is pretty underpriced. It’s mindblowing to me that people are paying more for the Charizard that was just released and is still in print. I love the FRLG one and agree that it’s a classic. Not the first EX Series Charizard, but the first Charizard ex, which is definitely something!

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I meant to some extent, truly undervalued compared to other Zards. Its pretty high pop, but unlimited PSA 9 zard is laughing at that nowadays

3 Likes

I picked one of these up for $1,200 in May, I think tripling in price after 5 months is pretty substantial.

2 Likes

A PSA 10? Then you got it way below market. Great purchase, but not representative of what the value was in May.

I actually never update my spreadsheet with current values. Too much work for me! I just keep track of my cost. I haven’t shared any of the prices paid yet towards the EX pricing thread was what I meant. I think it’s a great community resource

2 Likes

Yes, extremely undervalued card… even more so now with what base set has done. Jon is correct - this card was the hottest card by far back in 2003-05. Every kid wanted one and it wasn’t easy to get. I failed to get one and am glad I bought mine 2 years ago. I consider myself way ahead of the ex age curve - EX kids will be buying back these cards from 2022 onwards. Late 20s and early 30s is when most people start looking back at their childhood and get sentimental. This will be a much more expensive and desirable card in the not too distant future. I imagine if one was to go on auction now, it would be over 5k. I had an offer on mine for 4K but I never sell my ex.

4 Likes

For this one I like to trace price aligned with Dark Charizard 1st Ed and Blaine’s Charizard 1st Ed. For past few years they have had relatively similar cost and growth to $500 → $650 → $700 until big boom this year. There is a focus on WOTC right now but Charizard 10 is Charizard 10 so if I was selling I would look at sale prices of those other two as well. Over the summer I sold an ex and Dark each a bit over $2k. Then they moved to $3k and up. Now that Dark and Blaine’s has gone further higher I would not be surprised if ex follows suit.

4 Likes