Psa 9 first edition base charizard

What was the most recent sold price for this ?
Any help would be appreciated

About $6000 is the current going rate.

I would say $5500 is the current going rate. I sold one very recently for slightly less.

2 Likes

Current bid for this one is 5900 with 7 days to go.

www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Pokemon-Game-1st-Edition-Holo-Charizard-4-PSA-9-MINT-PWCC/143042177207

3 Likes

Saw a pretty strong 9 sell for $6000 privately last week.

Makes sense given what is on ebay right now as a BIN (weak trash for low prices or solid 9s for stronger prices) + PWCC auction at $5900.

I would say market value is no less than $6000 unless the card or the circumstances of the sale are less than ideal.

2 Likes

Heavily depends on condition as sad as that is to say when talking about a specific grade. Also depends on the Thick vs Thin stamp as well as which psa case its in. Every collector is willing to pay more or less for certain things. I would say the bottom of the range is 5000 on a very very bad day and 6500-7000 on a very very good day.

Simple answer: Around 6000.

1 Like

Trending towards $6001 :blush:

2 Likes

I wanted to buy it in 2013 when it was 1k but thought it was too much
I wanted to buy it in 2015 when it was 3k but thought it was too much
It’s now 2018 and I feel like 6k is too much

I’m going to be upset in 2022 when it’s 10k… I just know it

15 Likes

They had a little jump from about August-mid November. With sales mostly over 6k. Even a couple from 6.5k-7k. Like last year this seems to be peak season. I have been seeing them sell (even strong 9’s) for about 5-5.5k now with a little market correction. I wouldn’t pay more at the moment as Christmas and Winter seem to bring out a lot of people’s money problems, and you start to see some people needing money quickly which of course leads to lower sales and affects the market. But I’d say they should hold at around 5-5.5k and then maybe back up to 7-8k next fall! That’s my prediction anyways! :blush:

1 Like

Sorry, but if one has $5,000 to drop on cardboard I don’t think they live paycheck to paycheck and worry much about Christmas spending and such.

I would not compare with last year. We were in some crazy bubble all across the board. A lot of cards still haven’t recovered from it.

I understand buyers not wanting to overpay, but I’d be surprised if any seller accepts a penny under $6,000. The 9.5s and 10s are doing amazingly well, there’s no reason to sell for less unless they’re desperate for quick $.

Can you be more specific about what you are referring to when you say bubble? Just curious.

@britishcolumbiazards I agree, I’ve seen many sell for well under $6k including what I believed to be a strong 9 with a thick stamp on PWCC that ended for $5400. The price won’t go up until people start holding the card.

@poken00b88 the PSA 10 and 9 don’t follow the same trajectory.

1 Like

A lot of the big cards getting crazy increases(in some cases 100%+) this same time last year in a short period only to drop hard a month or two later once the flipping started happening or collectors realising these are merely set cards.

I’m not a player in the higher end product, but for example I bought my Shadowless Zard PSA 9 for $1000 and less than 2 months later they were nearing $3000. That’s not sustainable growth.

1 Like

That is classic supply and demand, not a bubble.

Shadowless Charizard PSA 9 hit $2500 when 1-2 were available. Shortly after 10-15 became consistently available, so it started to decline. Classic supply and demand. If anything that is the sign of a healthy market self regulating.

2 Likes

No bubbles there noob. It’s simply how a healthy market works;)

I can find you copies right now under 6k, and also I can provide you with multiple sales in the last month under 6k… on eBay even lol. I talked to somebody the other day who was willing to take 5k for one. His reasoning was that he graded it himself and just wanted a quick sale. I’ve also seen people who bought it at 2-4k who see it now at 5-6k and just want the money out, so they accept a lower number because they are already in the green. There are lots of reasons as to why somebody would sell for less than the potential value of the card, a lot of which seem to come to light this time of year. Also, I won’t deny that 5-6k is a lot of money… but it’s not in the same league as 10’s and 9.5’s. Your point about people with that much money not being worried about Christmas money issue makes a lot more sense when dealing with owners of cards from 15-45k. One last point; I do a lot of my buying/selling on Instagram, which I feel I can safely say is a big part of the Pokémon market. I see heavy volume of high end cards being moved through relationships on that platform every day. I also see a lot of people who sink large quantities of money into investments that they don’t fully understand, with money they probably shouldn’t be spending.Then, when they see a card start to correct, they immediately dump it. This can even create a chain of low prices for a while as multiple people dump. Ultimately, like Scott and Gary said, it’s a market, and market price is what you can buy one for, at the time you want to buy it!

2 Likes

One just sold on ebay for $4,650. I Just bought one for $5,300, prices definitely fluctuate for this card. I Kinda feel I overpaid though but I’m ok with it since it’s a my favorite pokemon. It seems $6,000 is a bit high right now.

2 Likes

Also, not all 9s are created equally. A strong 9 might be $7K and a weak 9 might be $5K.

We are seeing that play out right now with some of the 10s.

2 Likes

that 4.6k looks fine to me, definitely wasn’t weak, was a thick stamp too

but we have seen time and time again that zard bounces back up eventually

I wasn’t commenting on a specific copy. I was just using the statement as a caveat into a general consideration worth making when talking about what a graded card is worth.