Price Check - PSA 10 Base Charizard (Unlimited)

Hi All,

what’s the going rate for these atm?

Can’t seem to find much sales on ebay recently, well not within the last spike we have had and with prices changing rapidly, i’d be curious to hear your valuation or any known confirmed sales that have occurred recenetly?

I know of a seller who rejected a $15k offer recently but curious to hear your thoughts on where it currently sits.

Honestly hard to say with all the hype and prices rocketing lately.

2 Likes

There really isn’t sales history as you pointed out… so it is up to the next buyer and therefore hard to speculate. 9’s are now heading into the mid 2, 3k territory. So I’d put a 10 at 10k+ without a doubt. I did see one up a few weeks ago for that price. I wouldn’t disbelieve someone claiming they had an offer for 15k though. As soon as someone serious sees the only options are 24k they will be affected by the buyer dread. My guess is 12-15k.

1 Like

last ebay sale was 10k, tho id price it at 15-20k with how the market is doing… hard to price accurately with so little sold or available in the open market

One sold via Facebook for $15k this week if that helps.

2 Likes

Yes i had to take that sale with a grain of salt given what’s happening.

Interesting, thanks. got any screen shots of the sale or sales post?

A sale just happened on ebay Australia. it was listed for $23,000 AUD today and sold almost instantly for a best offer of $20,000 AUD ($14,400 USD)

PSA 9 !!!

www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pokemon-Base-Set-Unlimited-Charizard-Holo-PSA-9-Potential-PSA-10/264894633569?hash=item3dacf35661:g:I~UAAOSwJMxfghMY

things are getting stupid, if we use price ratios, historically the PSA 10 unlim base 10 has been worth about 6-8 times more than the 9, so based on this the 10 should be selling for about $30-$40k.

1 Like

There is no obligation that the ratio should stay the same for any period of time. There’s no should about it. Two very separate and almost independent markets.

1 Like

exactly right, and with a PSA 10 population growth rate substantially less than the PSA 9 population growth rate, there is a rational argument that it could be 10 to 1 vs the 9 or more :wink:

1 Like

Why that 9 is actually bidding for 5k right now is stupid. Makes no sense. It is either shill bidding or those people want a low cert # just CAUSE. There is a copy avail for 3.7

1 Like

I’m leaning towards a shill bid because there’s several BIN copies around 3,000$. A PSA 9 unlimited Venusaur similarly went for 2300$ yesterday an hour after one just ended at 970$.

2 Likes

@assassin5757 Agreed.

2 Likes

Very likely shilling

A quad 9.5(10) went for 11.5k yesterday last sale wayyyyyy lower. PSA 10 has to be nearing $20-$25k to get a deal done
www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Pokemon-Base-Unlimited-CHARIZARD-4-BGS-9-5-GEM-MINT-PSA-10-potential/333752212713?hash=item4db52e9ce9:g:4YQAAOSwJMxfhN1W

1 Like

I might have to eat my words unless all the PSA 9 Unlimited Charizards are being shilled. There’s 4-6 now for over 4k with the highest at 6k and the 2nd highest a BGS 9 at 5k. However, it’s still odd considering there are 5 BIN between 4500-5000.

1 Like

There is an obvious buy out of base zards. Same practices have been rampant in mtg for many years. It was only a matter of time before it sped up in pokemon.

2 Likes

Wish I had bought one before this all happened…needed to get a better job about 1 year sooner.