Price thoughts on PSA 10 1st edition blaines charizard

Howdy folks! I hope all is well!

I was wondering if anyone could give me their thoughts on what this card is worth, or if anyone has sold or knows of a private sale recently.

The last one that sold on ebay sold at auction for 3.8k on the 6th of October.

Then a little over a month before that, another sold via pwcc auction on August 27 for 4.6k

Psa 9 ones are currently regularly selling for 4.5k-ish (several sold at the price point in ebay sold history).

The current cheapest 10 listed on ebay is listed for 13k obo.

Because of the lowest listed at 13k, do we than say that thats the price of one since none are available publicly cheaper?

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

1 Like

I think they are definitely 10k+… not sure where the ceiling is though. if you assess against the psa 10 dark charizard holo (which has ard double the pop I think) and it hit 10k, then 10k+ for 1st ed blaines makes sense imo particularly when the 9s are selling for 4 to 5k.

the 3800usd one I think was an outlier… whoever won that auction got an insane steal lol.

2 Likes

private sale last week was 10k

1 Like

Hard to tell. That’s a popular Sugimori art that’s sort of been in the shadow of other WOTC zards. I do believe the pop is relatively low though.

1 Like

Not sure, but I wouldn’t sell mine for less than 30K for whatever that’s worth. Well, I suppose I would because then I could buy two more at the current prices lol. But you know what I’m saying. Card is awesome.

2 Likes

Ok cool. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

In my opinion, try to track and buy the Japanese version of it, same art, and still much less in price!

I have been doing this for a while now.

Tell me what you think of it

1 Like

My thoughts are its over priced

2 Likes

Its tough, but at the end of the day it’s a WOTC, 1st edition Charizard. There are only three holographic WOTC 1st edition Charizard arts (Base, Rocket, Blaine’s). I really think every single one is still underpriced.

And shining Charizard, I would technically call it a holo, even if it’s just the pokemon itself that is

1 Like

Definitely could throw it in there. I just have always kind of considered the Shining’s a sort of side set (don’t get me wrong, love them). But I hear you.

Looking to trade a psa 10 skyridge char reverse for a blaines if anyone interested!

I bought one around 11.5k last week. The cheapest one on eBay at the time was 14k and I knew of one that sold for 13k on November 2nd.

That said, there is currently one on eBay for 10k, though I believe they only recently lowered the price from 13k to 10k.

3 Likes

My buddy @chavycat is the king of PSA 10 Blaine’s Zards with several and has been taking potential offers. He thinks it is a 10k card for sure and has received offers in that range from what he has told me. He can give some additional insight.

2 Likes

Right now we have a few recent data points. 10k, 11.5k, and 13k. All within the last month. I had turned down 10.5k about a month ago as well. I would have gone down to 12k but that was only because I was trying to get that trophy kangaskhan on pwcc auction. Now if someone were to offer me 20k for any of mine, I wouldn’t take it. And I have 6 of them. I also just offered 6k to the guy who has his at q0k OBO. The dude has no feedback so it’s a risk. But if it works out, I feel like I’m getting a card that has 299 psa 10 copies for half off. If he is trying to rip me off, ebay protects me.
I think that the card is pretty undervalued. A few cards have retraced these past few weeks including base unlimited zard, 1st ed psa 9 base set zard, and 1st ed psa q0 dark zard. Blaine’s zard hasn’t retraced. Dark zard 1st ed psa 10 has over 400 psa 10 copies so it’s easier to find. In total there are over double the amount of 1st ed psa holo dark zards than there are blaines zards. And that’s not including the non holo dark zards. I think this card should be worth 15k minimum right now based off the price of the 9’s

4 Likes

The one on eBay just sent a $11990 offer that im kinda sure you could counter, you could also pm him on instagram and im kinda sure he’s also here @kantos_finest and make it happen for less than $10K.

Dark Zard has always had more demand than Blaine’s, in fact I think Blaine’s has the least demand of all 4 1st edition Charizards (OG, Dark, Blaine’s, and Shining). Demand and artwork play a big factor into the pricing.

1 Like

One good thing about a retrace on low pop cards is that they are usually transitioning from flippers panicking, to collectors that are getting a good deal. Those psa9/10 1st eds you mentioned are hopefully hitting forever homes and will lead to an eventual retrace retrace

2 Likes

You are right. Even with less supply, blaines zard always stays about even with dark zard. If there double the amount of blaines zards, the price would be much less. However, seeing as how the supply is much lower, that’s what makes it more appealing. Also I personally think the artwork is the 2nd best. Just after base set

2 Likes

If I can get another bgs 9 zard base set or a psa 9 base set for under 40k, ill sell more stock to do it