Price thoughts on PSA 10 1st edition blaines charizard

My thought is that the equilibrium between the supply and demand curves results in a certain price range.

Have a nice day.

i think with the retrace, people who were freaking out can finally feel at ease. also, is this the time to scoop up cards again?!

2 Likes

I actually think it falls a bit more.

I think the cards people bought to speed grade and flip are hitting the market and will continue for the next month or so.

Deals to be had from now through Christmas I think

1 Like

Interesting discussion and insights into the market, thanks for sharing everyone!

I actually think Blaineā€™s Zard is the best artwork of the original WOTC zards but it is hard to beat out base set. Way better than Dark zard (which got a non holo as well, lame).

3 Likes

Excellent price analysis! Thanks dude!

1 Like

Kā€¦ I am a little confused.

The card has ā€œNot retracedā€ but it sold for 13K at the peak and now you can buy one on ebay Buy it now or best offer from a guy with a lot of feedback for 10,000? He would probably take 9k, wouldnā€™t he?

That kinda seems like the price retraced to me, TBH. Someone was willing to pay 13, someone was willing to pay 11.5, now nobody wants the card for 10.

If the card is worth 15k how come itā€™s for sale for 10k and no one wants it?

I feel like the 15k you came up with was ā€˜Gee, wouldnā€™t it be nice if someone would pay me 15k for one of these cardsā€™. Thatā€™s not how you determine the market price, based off your wildest fantasies.

4 Likes

That seller had the card listed for $13k and only recently dropped it to $10k. Itā€™s possible the card has retraced, but itā€™s also possible you have a motivated seller, since nobody else is dropping theirs that low just yet.

Either way, thereā€™s an auction ending in a few days. That should be the best test of what the market price is right now.

1 Like

As far as most recent points of sale, it hasnā€™t yet. Until a sale has been determined, the card hasnā€™t officially retraced yet. That being said, the guy did counter with 9300. So thatā€™s his current offer as of right now. If I had more money I would buy it, because I believe itā€™s very undervalued.
I said itā€™s worth about 15k because of where the 9 is at this time. Usually 1st edition psa 10ā€™s sell for 5-8x of what the 9ā€™s sell for. In extreme cases in can go as high as 10x and as low as 3x. Exceptions being shinings which are relatively easy to grade. So if any of these cards that have numbers that are below or above the 3x and 10x mark, it is severely undervalued or overvalued. Since that 9 has been selling for about 4.5k it makes zero sense for the 10 to be selling for only double that. I said 15k because thatā€™s about 3x of what the 9 is selling for. I would not sell for that price. Someone could offer me 20k for one of mine and I would not sell.
Right now weā€™re in a buyers market. When thereā€™s more product than demand. The sellers try to undercut each other and that makes the price go down.

You know, I did more research and I think you are right.

PSA 9 is one of the only cards that actually just went up in price instead of retracing, even some stuff like PSA 9 1st ed Base Holos retraced but the PSA 9 blaineā€™s zard seems to have done ok.

So PSA 9 went up and PSA 10 went down? Sounds like PSA 10 is legitimately undervalued at 9300.

You should sell some stonks and buy the card.

Thatā€™s the problem with being invested in gold and silver, if I wanted to raise liquidity to buy the zard before it sells, I would have to take my metals to the pawn shop or cash for gold and get taken advantage of.

You can just click a button and get 99.999% of the market value for your stonks. I would offer the guy 8500 and sell your stonks.

I offered 6k. He countered with 9300. I countered with 6400. The one on auction right now is up to like 6500. So if he counters with 9k, Iā€™ll go up to 6.9k because of reasons and see what happens. I think both of these cards will sell between 8-9k by the end of the week. I sold more than half my portfolio the other week to try and get a trophy kangaskhan. Wasnā€™t enough so I just got a 1st ed bgs 9 zard instead. Something that also retraced like a mofo haha. I donā€™t want to sell any more stock ha. Although I should

1 Like

time to scoop up cards again? i never stopped

4 Likes

I buy at high I buy at low

When you love the hobby just go with the flow

3 Likes

Giy who had it at 10k obo countered me at 9k. I offer 6.9k. He then sold it for 8500 to someone else.

I picked her up. Great card

7 Likes

You baller!! Bad ass! I knew I was in competition but damn! Congrats man. Thatā€™s a great card

2 Likes

No brainer to me, personally

Whatā€™s holding the card back? The set?

Art work is terrific, (better than dark charizard imo), has 100 less PSA 10s.

Although theres been a price retraction with base set (although still up crazy numbers), weā€™re about to see record public prices for a shining, crystal, and gold star

very happy with the purchase

4 Likes

There are 299 psa 10 copies for 1st ed psa 10 blaines zards. Iā€™m a bit biased because gym challenge is my favorite set and Blaineā€™s zard is my favorite card.
What I think helps this set also hurts it. You get to use our favorite gym leaders pokemon. Giovanniā€™s Nidoking and Persian, Blaineā€™s Arcanine, etc. However, I think thereā€™s something in everyoneā€™s psyche that says ā€œthese cards are cool but theyā€™re not MY cards.ā€ Some psychologists suggest the reason why Halo was so popular was because Masterchief wore a helmet so everyone can envision themselves as Masterchief. And building on the premise, itā€™s hard for people to say ā€œthese are my pokemon.ā€ Because theyā€™re not. Theyā€™re other trainers pokemon. I find that to be the coolest heckin thing. But some others might look at the cards and not get the same feel as they do when they look at normal set cards. Itā€™s just a theory but you asked what was holding it back and that is one of the things I hypothesize why. Other reasons could include that this is yet another set of the 1st generation. Maybe people were getting a bit tired of it by this point.
Again itā€™s my favorite set and Iā€™m not selling any of my blaines charizards for anything right now. If there were no others available and someone offered me 30k for one I might do it. But thatā€™s it

4 Likes

Hopefully the seller has loan sharks trying to break his kneecaps because thatā€™s the only scenario where I would sell that card for 6900$.

He must be pretty desperate if he countered a 6000$ offer. Keep squeezing him, maybe heā€™ll crack.

You want me to offer him 5750$ on one account, and 6000$ on another? (jokes XD)

I am actually meeting up with some guy on facebook to trade a PSA Shining Mewtwo for some gold and silver coins.

More shiny coins that are hard to liquidate instead of cash that I could be using to buy underpriced zardsā€¦

2 Likes

8500 is an excellent price for this card. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the one at auction goes for over $10k. The seller must have been in desperate need of cash (or a flipper panic-selling), since it doesnā€™t make sense to go that low when youā€™ve got other zards up at auction that arenā€™t showing any hint of retracing yet.

1 Like

The seller probably watched a reservedinvestments video

3 Likes