PSA 10 1st Edition Price Data

I made this spreadsheet for my own use & information but thought I’d make it available to everyone.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WxwTXLGVZS8mPrRjHT2XcJh0jzE8Yr-MO_9bp8cVq5g/edit?usp=sharing

It covers data for holos only from 1st edition English sets (Base-Neo Destiny) and is accurate as of the past week. It lists PSA 9 & 10 population reports for every card and all eBay sales prices and dates for 1st edition PSA 10s only for the past year.

The data all came from PSA’s auction prices tool (https://www.psacard.com/auctionprices/) so there could be some missing or incorrect sales data as I doubt their API is perfect … I was certainly not going to check eBay completed sales for every card to get all the data! The eBay completed sales only go back 3 months as well so PSA’s tool going back to late 2016 is quite helpful. The tool shows you the seller and gives you a link to the eBay listing so if you want anymore information on a card sale from a particular date you can alway check the PSA tool and go straight to the completed eBay listing. FYI the base machamp prices are weird because PSA doesn’t distinguish between 1st ed shadowless.

If anyone does anything interesting with the data or analyses growth, percentages, does any graphing etc. it’d be nice for you to post it or PM me so I can have a look as I love data. I will probably update the sheet monthly, if you’ve got any feedback or see any issues let me know.

Enjoy! :blush:

EDIT: This spreadsheet isn’t being updated anymore. I made a web app that covers every English set and variant, you can find it here pokemonprices.azurewebsites.net/

13 Likes

That tool misses so many sales. All of my purchases are actually missing from it lol.

Yeah a lot are missed but you don’t need them all to see the price trends for most of the cards over a year, some of the low pop ones with less available data are an issue though. I might add in eBay completed sales for low pop items this week if I get time to get a bit more accuracy in price trends, though eBay completed sales only goes back 3 months.

1 Like

There’s 4 $700+ sales missing from 1st ed neo discovery umbreon psa 10 for example (one $700 of which was mine, another a $760 second place of mine), which contradicts the ~$500 that seems to be displayed as the pricetag recently.

Were those recent? I’m not seeing them in eBay completed listings when searching for ‘neo discovery psa 10 1st umbreon’ … only getting the Jan 21 $465 and Nov 29th $451 result. Two sales over two months with a $14 difference seems like that’s around the market price atm unless I’m not getting the right eBay completed results.

ORDER DATE
Oct 03, 2017
ORDER TOTAL
C $873.74 ($700 USD)

The other was a PWCC auction that ended about a week before that.

There was a couple copies listed after that which were 10s with awful centering.

Ahhh October, yeah that’s out of the eBay completed sales range and the data is pretty old now anyway, that was like the most recent peak and represented in the sheet around that time with the $650 and $670 sales. Based on more recent sales results it’s pretty clear the card has dipped down to $450-$500.

Was looking at data today, made a chart to see 1st ed base price trends a little easier.
i65.tinypic.com/vq35uu.png

Interesting that most cards have been trending down, probably due to the increased supply entering the market after all the record highs. I’m expecting to see mewtwo tank even more after the next pwcc auctions, probably a good time to buy. People probably won’t want to sell at the low so I think less will go up for sale.

Maybe I’ll just code a web app so charts can be generated and manipulated client side, might be useful/interesting. Probably easier then stuffing about in excel.

5 Likes

Thanks for doing this. I’d love to see something similar with Shadowless 9s and 10s as some cards are approaching 1st Edition price (chansey, raichu, etc.).

Would love to see updates regardless!

Any idea what Blaine’s Ninetails 1st edition psa 10 is? Ebay doesn’t have any drfinite price

What set and language?

Gym vhallenge, enhlish. Blaines ninetails psa 10 1st edition

As in this? rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F142692670759

Pretty much. I just didn’t see any for buy it now so i didnt know how high to go

Why would you let other people dictate how much you should spend on a card you want?

Isn’t that what we all do though? Look back at what other people have paid, determine the market value, then pay a similar price? It’s how we avoid overpaying.

1 Like

Who the hell sold a PSA 10 Machamp for $70?

I was trying to get it for like 50. It kept going up and up and i got a call in the last 10 seconds that messed up my bid and someone got it for $68. I’m super salty! Lol

Damn, that’s almost $30 more than what I paid for my PSA 10 1st ed Brock’s Ninetales, and that’s a holo from the same set. Seems a bit overpriced to me. I’m pretty sure more will pop up at lower prices.