WTB: PSA 1st ed Base Shadowless + More

UPDATED 15/09/17 *UPDATED CHARIZARD PRICE
Hey all I’m collecting the 1st ed base shadowless English set in psa 9 amongst a few other things. Willing to pay the below prices but can be negotiable so please message me if you have something :blush: Very keen on finding the charizard and mewtwo!

1st ed base PSA 9 Charizard $3500-$4000 (looking for a strong 9 so negotiable depending on condition)
1st ed base PSA 10 Mewtwo $2000
1st ed base PSA 8 Charizard $1900
1st ed base PSA 9 Blastoise $650-700
1st ed base PSA 9 Ninetales $275
1st ed base PSA 9 Gyarados $275
1st ed base PSA 9 Hitmonchan $275
1st ed base PSA 9 Raichu $275
1st ed base PSA 9 Magneton $260
1st ed base PSA 9 Chansey $250
1st ed base PSA 9 Clefairy $250

1st ed Neo Discovery Booster Box $1500
1st ed Neo Revelation Booster Box $1500

FPO Clefable $900
FPO Dugtrio $900

Anyway if you could help me or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated :blush:
Many thanks,
Alex

3 Likes

I bought a 1st ed. blastoise psa 9 around that same time as the last one that sold that you are referring to. I bought mine for $700. I could of most likely talked him down some but it was fair price at the time. Both of those sales were before the last major PWCC auction so it could potentially be worth more due to the psa 10 going up but you might find someone willing to undercut the current ones that are up on eBay for $850 and $900. Always stick to the price you feel it’s worth. Heads up those $850 and $900 dollar ones have been up there for a while and havnt sold yet I’ve been watching them. In my eyes nobody is willing to pay that price yet but it will happen soon I’m sure due to the fact that the market is tightening up on sales. If you are really wanting one I would up your price a bit to the $700 dollar range (maybe even $750). It will entice more sellers to make a sale with you and there is history of previous sales at that price range.

3 Likes

Hey mate thanks a lot for your feedback. For me if there’s not much sales history it’s hard to gauge the market if you haven’t been watching it very a long time. This has given me a good price to start at so I thank you and I’ll change my price to reflect your opinion :blush:

And yeh it’s an interesting one because you can dwell on the prices of yesteryear and try to find a bargain or pay a bit overs. But you’re right those blastoises have been there for a while with no buyers yet so everyone else must think they’re overpriced too. Hopefully something comes my way!

The PWCC auction Venusaur 1st ed psa 9 went for $615 if I recall.

That would bring up the average for recent sales, but not by too much over the 5 sales. Thanks for letting me know though.

I would never use “average” prices, because that’s factoring a foregone price that no longer is available at the current market rate/reality, especially given how fast the market is changing these days.

Anyhow, Blastoise can be had anywhere between 600-750 right now, below 600 and you got a pretty good deal. I sold my PSA 9 last December for 825. PSA 9 Blastoise hasn’t really seen much growth at all, despite the PSA 10 doubling in price in the last couple of months.

As for Venusaur, I think it’s still attainable between 450-550, despite the PWCC auction lift. Again, Venusaur PSA 9 has not really seen any growth at all in the past year. I bought mine last July for $535, which I thought was fair.

Good luck.

1 Like

Hey there. Thanks for that information. I think with the venusaur there just seems to be so many hitting the market, or which have already sold so I might just have to be patient and get a bit lucky. Also, it’s good to know the market hasn’t risen too much for these two cards if at all. I didn’t want to wait and then see the prices rise before my eyes! Guess I just have to be patient :blush:

Edited post and added charizard :blush:

Moved all of my buying lists to one thread and added 10 more cards.

I’ve been picking up a lot of wotc 1st ed boxes lately and you might struggle to get a revelation box for $1500, cheapest I found was $2700 and eBay has a few with the cheapest currently at $3100.

2 Likes

Btw, a confirmed Shadowless Box sold two weeks ago on Dacardworld.com for $7000 within a few hours of being listed!! So might want to bring your buying price up on that!

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know :blush: I can’t look at any sales history. Maybe because I’m on AUS eBay and there’s items that only come up on the USA eBay that don’t ship here. But yeh I can’t see any sales history at all for these…

Oh yeh? Gee if they’re hitting that much I might have to give up on it! I thought I saw Gary saying he sold one for 5k a little while ago but maybe I was wrong. Thanks for letting me know :blush:

That last one I sold I got 7000.00

1 Like

Ah I must have misread it. That was the only thing I was going by for pricing so honest mistake :slightly_smiling_face:

But to be fair, that was a high price at the time. Now it’s probably close to that,

I guess future prices will become the current price at some point anyway (if they keep increasing).

I’m in Australia as well, use a US proxy or connect to a US server if you use a VPN and you’ll be able to see US listings and sold items.

1 Like

Nice man will be doing this :+1: