Sales Data for 2003-2007 EX PSA 9/10 Cards-Jan 2022 Update!

There’s flareon 10 BIN for 1.6k, so maybe 1k is not that low? Lugia at 3.9k is not too high considering recent sales at 4k and 3.3k. But I’m really surprised about the walrein $405 sale.

1 Like

$1k on the Flareon seems really decent. Pop 33, eeveelution, nice art. And fair enough. didn’t realize there was a $4k sale for Lugia – I just saw the main post had it at $3.3k (and $3.9k just seems very high to me, honestly).

And yeah, $405 on the Walrein is crazy. For $65 more, I got a Flygon that is pop 26 compared to Walrein’s pop 69. And Flygon >>>> Walrein (no offense to Walrein).

1 Like

nice pickups, zor! I’m personally surprised that any PSA 10 TRR ex’s went for sub 1k, at this point. the PSA 1 Snorlax was also a pretty big shock.

2 Likes

Some ex 10s dropped for once! Interesting day indeed. Will update over the week for this. Biggest surprise to me was the weakness of zard ex and celebi ex. I expected quite a bit higher for both of those. The biggest surprises to the upside were aggron and Walrein ex for me.

2 Likes

There’s been narrowing of the gap between the high end and the low end. It wasn’t that long ago that the lower end PSA 10s (Regis, Magcargo, Kingdra, Muk etc.) were worth $75-$125 a piece. But now all of those are worth 3-4x as much, while most of the higher end is ‘only’ 1.5-2x.

2 Likes

Seems like the Power Keepers exs besides Salamence are rounding out to around $300-400 for 10s. Looking forward to seeing where that goes.

It’s interesting that the BGS 9.5 Zard went for more than the PSA 10. It did have two 10 subgrades and looked very, very strong. Overall both Zards ended lower than I thought they would, wonder if by the time they ended people had already spent a good chunk of their cash on earlier cards? Not making any excuses for the lower prices, just trying to understand the price decrease.

I think part of it is that there have been close to a dozen PSA 10 Charizard exs sold over the past couple months, which is kind of crazy. So quite a few people already acquired theirs. There’s also just buyer fatigue. This PWCC lot was fucking humongous and with so much to buy, people are being more selective in how they spend their money. When there’s an entire gold star PSA 10 set up for auction as well as 2 dozen ex 10s, there’s a lot of choice.

1 Like

PSA 10 Red Fire Leaf Charizard absolutely tanked yesterday. Down by $2,000 aka over 25% of it’s price 3 weeks prior.

2 Likes

Yikes…

Yeah. The thing is that the high price points weren’t established. There are 191 PSA 10 Charizard exs, of which like 187 were acquired for less than the price it sold for last night. Forum members who own the card were quick to label the prices from last month as the new price of the card. But the reality is that one or two sales don’t establish price points. The market hasn’t settled on any of these 10s yet.

3 Likes

I figured that FRLG prices weren’t stable with maybe the exception being gengar. FRLG seemed to get a boost from the Logan Paul exposure since it’s a Gen 1 set. FRLG was one of the most printed ex sets along with one of the better PSA 10 changes among ex sets. Blastoise sold for $5k and then everyone wanted $5k. I saw several on ebay with a starting bid fo $3000-$3500 and they kept getting relisted since no one bid. Venusaur is back to $1000 and I sold a PSA 9 at $600 dollars (2 weeks ago). I’ve been staying away from this set since I feel prices would correct.

A lot of more popular and low pop ex cards ended much lower than I expected while higher pop/less desired went for new records. I believe this might be partly the result of what I’ve been hearing from people asking about ex series. A lot of collectors new to the ex series seem timid when going for the more popular/low pop ex cards. They seem to think it’ll be out of their reach and don’t want to get caught up in bidding wars with “serious ex collectors”. So they are targeting the cheaper cards to build their ex collections in the hopes that they get overshadowed by the other cards. Personally, I’ve been ignoring the cheaper ex cards & FRLG since I believe they will go down and instead am taking the @fourthstartcg approach and going for the harder to find ones first. This is just what I’ve been hearing from people asking me about ex series on IG. So more competition at the lower priced ex cards lead to price increase, while some folks may have stayed away from PWCC because they thought it’d go too high. I could be wrong on this haha.

3 Likes

So what you guys are saying is… FRLG was in a bubble and now the set is tanking. Got it!

1 Like

I don’t think bubble is the word I’d use. I think Bubble would be a collapse (70% retrace) and an example would be what happened to base set PSA 9 and 10.

1 Like

Not exactly. What I was saying it is it never spiked to begin with. Just because there were a few inordinately high sales last month doesn’t mean that those were suddenly the new price points. People need to stop being so quick to say “oh, look, Charizard ex sold for $10k in PSA 10. I guess that’s the new price.” Because that clearly wasn’t the new price. We have no clue what any of these things are worth. For most of these cards, there are like 1-3 recorded sales from the past year lol.

Exactly what I noticed. And I think your theory is exactly right. New people are starting with the least desirable exs so there’s just way more competition on those. Whereas people see something like the PSA 10 Celebi ex and just assume it’s out of their price point, and figure that they’ll go for a higher quantity of cheaper exs. But, as you said, the best approach is typically the opposite.

1 Like

Doing a recap of what happened i can say:

:tada: Salamence Ex Deoxys was most likely a PSA8 card inside a 10 Slab; hence the price it sold for.

:tada: Sneasel Ex from Ruby Sapphire was a hell of a deal.

:tada: Some Ex Team Rocket Returns Cards ended up really cheap considering some of them were 400ish prior the ‘‘bubble’’ if you wanna call it that way.

:tada: We had public record prices on many many cards: public sold listing > any private sale.

:tada: Ex Power Keepers Ex’s are finally going up in price, Walrein was a $50 card before 2020 and reached $400; same with shiftry.

:ninja: I feel like Celebi Ex price was a solid deal; considering price range on the Gold Star and the Shining:

Gold Star Celebi PSA10 value: $1925 pop81
Celebi Ex Value $3300 Pop21
1st Ed Shining Celebi $3600
UNL Shining Celebi $800.

Also; keep this in mind: Celebi Ex is more expensive (as of now) than UNL Shining; and Gold star!

2 Likes

Wow amazing to see that it outsold other top tier Celebi cards. I wonder if that price will stay. Thanks for the recap.

It should (IMO). Celebi ex is a way better-looking card than both shining and gold star Celebi. Plus it has a WAY lower pop. If it wasn’t more expensive, I’d be very concerned lol.