Togetic
Natu
Xatu
Mareep
Flaaffy

6 Likes

4 Likes

Hoothoot: Unified Minds 165/236
Noctowl: Neo Genesis 42/111 (Noctowl has some surprisingly amazing artworks, but I’ve always loved the Neo Genesis artwork from the first moment I saw it)
Ledyba: XY 6/146 (love the happy expression of Ledyba in this artwork ^-^)
Ledian: EX Team Rocket Returns 23/109
Spinarak: Ancient Origins 5/98
Ariados: EX Unseen Forces 2/115 (I also just note that the Celestial Storm 6/168 artwork is the same as this one, only the holofoil type used is different)
Crobat: Skyridge H5/H32 and Mysterious Treasures 23/123 (I couldn’t choose, so I’ve included both of them)
Chinchou: Aquapolis 70/147
Lanturn: Aquapolis: 20/147
Pichu: Japanese 2009 Pokémon Card Design Contest - Pokémon Fan winner Shizuka Kusakabe (Pichu has a lot of great artworks to choose from, but I’ve always loved the colorful background of this Pichu and how it looks like Pichu is sliding of the rainbow)
Cleffa: Japanese Tag All Stars 186/173 (didn’t even know these were skipped for the Team Up set)
Igglybuff: Cosmic Eclipse 168/236
Togepi: Neo genesis 51/111
Togetic: Unbroken Bonds 137/214
Natu: EX Sandstorm 69/100 (with Legendary Treasures 55/113 as close second, although I like the follow-up Bouffalant artwork more - also, I never noticed until now that Bouffelant is approaching in the background of the Natu artwork)
Xatu: Unleashed 11/95
Mareep: Darkness Ablaze 055/189
Flaaffy: Expedition Base Set 77/165 (with Secret Wonders 50/132 as close second, but the Expedition Base Set artwork gets bonus points for the Christmas vibes it gives)

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

4 Likes

:eyes:

I’m a bit late to the party and I’m not sure if I’m allowed to pick on only one Pokémon, but these are just too good to not share together:

The Elementary School Second Grade card is my favourite of the lot, closely followed by the Kindergarten card.

In the background of these cards are a lot of other Pokémon: Budew, Butterfree, Celebi, Cresselia, Cyndaquil, Electrode, Happiny, Jigglypuff, Magnemite, Mew, Pikachu, Piplup, Roselia, Shayminm and Voltorb (and possibly a few more that I’ve missed!).

I have a blog post about these if anyone is curious: pichu.blog/2009-design-contest.

1 Like

Hoothoot - HeartGold & SoulSilver
Noctowl - HGSS Promo
Ledyba - Skyridge
Ledian - ex Team Rocket Returns
Spinarak - Ancient Origins
Ariados - Celestial Storm
Crobat - Sun & Moon
Chinchou - Neo Revelation
Lanturn - XY-P

Pichu - Unnumbered Promo
Cleffa - Unbroken Bonds
Igglybuff - HeartGold & SoulSilver
Togepi - Plasma Storm
Togetic - Roaring Skies
Natu - Legendary Treasures
Xatu - Theatre Movie Pack 6 (5th Movie Half Deck)
Mareep - Lost Thunder
Flaaffy - Expedition

So this week was really difficult for me, because of picking Chinchou! They are all so adorable ;___;

Chinchou for those of you who don’t know, is one of my favourite Pokemon of all time. Definitely top 3 for Gen 2 (alongside Furret and Chikorita). That pair of Natu in Legendary Treasures really reminds me of that episode in the original anime when Ash and his company get stuck in a snowstorm… I really hope they make it out of this snowsquall ok ;o; ALSO HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHICH OF THE FLOOF TO PICK FOR MAREEP AND FLAAFFY LIKE SERIOUSLY? SO ADORABLE

I’ve also noticed that I really like Kanako Eo’s art… It reminds me of Paper Mario???

2 Likes