3 Likes

Tentacruel: EX Legend Maker 45/92
Geodude: Expedition Base Set 110/165
Graveler: Mysterious Treasures 51/123
Golem: Expedition Base Set 14/165
Ponyta: Cosmic Eclipse 23/236
Rapidash: Nintendo #51 promo
Slowpoke: Undaunted 66/90
Slowbro: BREAKpoint 20/122 (PS: did you know the Aquapolis Slowbro contains a Magikarp, @stephneechan ? Just came across it, and I personally didn’t knew it yet.)
Magnemite: EX Legend Maker 59/92
Magneton: Skyridge 19/144
Farfetch’d: Skyridge 55/144
Doduo: the pair from BREAKthrough 115/162 and 116/162
Dodrio: Gym Challenge 32/132
Seel: Vending Series 2 (Red)
Dewgong: Base Set 25/102
Grimer: Double Crisis 7/34
Muk: Double Crisis 8/34
Shellder: Fossil 54/62

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

Crystal Golem, although not the crystal we needed was the missing trade holofoil we deserved. It’s not only the best Golem, it ranks as one of Arita’s best and Pokémon’s best that ever did it. This card likely existed because Neo Revelation Graveler just stopped. On the bright side, lucky bastards, having teh Neo base uneedingly over the evolution line to rule them all.
:face_with_spiral_eyes:
Ponyta’s BACKGROUND. Perhaps the only one afaik to feature the legendary abandoned mansion.

Komiya’s masterful Neo Slowpoke line is a Pokénomicon adaptation to Midsommar.

As much as I love base sets Magnebuchi, the Neo Steel revampmite was such a welcomed surprise at the time that the nostalgia for it hits just harder. Big HOMER3d vibe. The fact that Neo gave chance to revere the prevolutions with the highest category is an irreplaceable moment in time I was grateful to experience growing up with imo, which as a result the risk to choose them alongside the evolved forms as holo became some of the best cards made. Sure there has been McDonald’s promos on but the same level as Neo Discovery Houndour?

Honorable mentions with commentary: Legendary Reversecruel is cool (Himeno). Kusube’s and Arita’s Alolan (Crimson Invasion) dude (Expedition) are silent chill. For the most part, Graveler’s cardography is SOLID.

Hasuno’s english exclusive from Generations is also a golem piece of solid.

Rapidash was surprisingly difficult, perhaps untapped potential. Along with Ninetales, Rapidash is crying for a badass shining rendition. The potential with it’s younger brethren to be a gothic masterpiece.

Slowpoke line was always going to be hard work. Impeccable cardography. This might have to be all of them you sob. Same applies to an extent with Magneline but nowhere near as a severe choice for the cutie drone. Aquapolis (Koike) and Delta Specieston (Himeno). So many artists have tried to emulate the same approach as Kinebuchi for the Magneline and only one has succeeded. I miss him and Masago so much.

Doduo line is dying for a coiling expressive piece by Komiya ala his take on Legendary Treasures’ Hydregion. [EDIT] Imakuni’s Doduo exists of course, would love an Imakuni Trio sequel. Yamaki’s Generationsduo is set lovely.

Grimer line is almost Slowpoke level difficulty. Grimer is the grime cousin to Geodude. Lots of adoration but always hated Poisons depicted as psychic over grass and again now as Dark. I fuk with @muk . Not sure what we’re doing with the alternate same species as plenty have been exceptional.

Thanks to anyone taking the time out to give a care about my opinion as always.

Who doesn’t fuck with Muk?

5 Likes

@kurtosisblakeinfini , the Graveler you chose reminded me so much of Air Marshall from Bucky O’Hare:

I’ll post my choices soonish.

1 Like

lol Graveler can fit the stereotype for any bulky cartoon bozo.

2 Likes
Row 1 column 1 Row 1 column 2 Row 1 column 3
Row 2 column 1 Row 2 column 2 Row 2 column 3
Row 3 column 1 Row 3 column 2 Row 3 column 3
Row 4 column 1 Row 4 column 3
Row 5 column 1 Row 5 column 2 Row 5 column 3
Row 6 column 1 Row 6 column 2 Row 6 column 3

I was surprised by how difficult it was to pick Magnemite and Magneton cards - there are lots of cool and varied artworks of those two.

Dodrio also has some rocking illustrations! I was stuck between three!

Farfetch’d is one of my favourite Pokemon but he’s always been neglected in the TCG. Now that he has a Galarian form and an evolution I’m sure he’ll get more love!

3 Likes

Magnemite and Magneton had some incredible art. A lot of the 3D artwork almost did it for me with Magneton especially. Slowpoke, Grimer, Golem, and Magnemite’s arts are especially my favorite out of this week’s set.

4 Likes

Tentacruel - Aquapolis
Geodude - Arceus
Graveler - Unbroken Bonds
Golem - Legend Maker
Ponyta - Arceus
Rapidash - Flashfire
Slowpoke - Aquapolis
Slowbro - Dark Explorers
Magnemite - EX Delta Species

Magneton - ex Dragon
Farfetch’d - VS Series 2001
Doduo - BREAKthrough
Dodrio - Supreme Victors
Seel - Neo Destiny
Dewgong - Supreme Victors
Grimer - Darkness Ablaze
Muk - Double Crisis
Shellder - BREAKpoint

Things I noticed about this week (late) - Graveler has very unattractive cards :slightly_frowning_face: It was difficult even picking one that represented the pokemon at all… Honorable mentions to the Shiny Ponyta from Arceus. I just didn’t want to pick a shiny pokemon. IT IS INSANE HOW MANY MAGNEMITE CARDS THERE ARE. I don’t think there was a single Grimer nor Muk that captured the essence of how disgusting they are in the anime… I tried my best to capture the full essence of them but it was difficult to narrow down to a card that would be so… repulsive if that makes sense.

3 Likes