Collection Goals Post Here

Collection Goals. I love hearing others goals short term and long term for your collections :slight_smile: I’ve stated mine before but if you didn’t already know I’m putting together a best of series binder collection ranging from light played to mint. So what I consider in best of is all first edition holos from every wotc set including Shinings. All E series holo’s and Crystals. All ex cards from ex era. I skipped Gold Stars but I’ll probably go back for those. Might also go back for ex era holo’s. All Level X Card’s. Might do Legends as well but undecided. All Secret rares. All Primes. Than I move onto black and white and x and y where I will collect all full arts. For Sun and Moon and Sword and Shield all Rainbow Rares Gold Cards and Shinys as well as Complete hidden fates set. I’m more than halfway done with my goals and into almost modern era. At the end I’ll probably collect promos and some Japanese exclusives. Probably also grab more PSa graded cards I already have ungraded and grade some mint cards I already have :slight_smile: Let us know your collection goals :slight_smile:

www.elitefourum.com/t/mcorey777s-best-of-collection-videos-added/26469/1

Above is a link to my collection thread. :blush:

14 Likes

A Holo old back numbered trainer.

12 Likes

Long term is to finish my Gold star binder set atm it’s 14/27 so quite bit to go. Short term is to collect cards I like. Nothing fancy :blush:

8 Likes

My short term goal is to finish up my near-mint Japanese VS set binder. Long term is to collect a master set of all English, Chinese and Japanese release :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopefully one day…

6 Likes

Cards

• English master set ex Dragon Frontiers :heavy_check_mark:
  • Japanese 1st edition master set ex Dragon Frontiers :heavy_check_mark:- Japanese Unlimited master set ex Dragon Frontiers
  • Italian/French/German master set ex Dragon Frontiers
  • Damaged English ex Dragon Frontiers booster box :heavy_check_mark:
  • undamaged English ex Dragon Frontiers booster box- Japanese ex Dragon Frontiers booster box- English PSA 10 Ultra Rares ex Dragon Frontiers
    Non-cards
  • ex Dragon Frontiers poster :heavy_check_mark:- Japanese ex Dragon Frontiers poster :heavy_check_mark:- ex Dragon Frontiers portfolio 2x2 :heavy_check_mark:- ex Dragon Frontiers portfolio 3x3
  • ex Dragon Frontiers deck box

Recently saw the deck box on ebay for $9,999 and only shipped in US. First time I saw one pop up on ebay though

6 Likes

I’d love to have a Shadowless or 1st Edition Shadowless Charizard one day even if in bad condition (PSA 2-5) as i could never afford a decent one. :open_mouth: For now i’m slowly collecting sealed Booster Packs, I hope to have a complete collection of 1 Booster per set but again some packs like Skyridge i can not afford :sweat: That’s what goals are for though i guess maybe one day i can grab one :wink:

7 Likes

Cool! I finished my Gold Star collection goal myself last year. I absolutely love the cards.

What’s your favorite one you own so far?

2 Likes

I like Mudkip and Metagross so I’d say they are no. 1 together :blush:

3 Likes

My collection goals are to both collect Dragonite cards and to collect the memorable cards from my childhood, mainly ones I used in competitive play. Back when I was young, I always was a player first and collector second as I would generally keep a side binder of cards I pulled myself and didn’t use in competitive decks. Sadly, some of my friends and even family stole some cards from my binders over the years as they were home unattended. Thankfully I was able to keep the majority of my Dragonite cards from childhood! So my primary goal is to replace the stolen cards and to add cards that I loved back then, as my personal collection is more about bringing me back to the good old days of competing in the league and collecting with friends.

My all-time favorite Pokémon is obviously Dragonite and I am very proud to have been able to win a few tournaments with Dragonite themed decks, though Dragonite wasn’t always the primary attacker. I also used other decks over the years and when I look at the cards in my collection, it brings me back down memory lane to remember old friends and the fun competitions we had. I was able to participate in a league and do pretty well until my family moved out of state and I never really picked it up again after that. I have dabbled on Pokémon TCG Online from time to time as it is pretty fun, but sadly never got back into competitive play since.

So now instead of getting back into competitive, I’m more into reliving the good old days from my youth by collecting the cards. When I look over the cards, they always bring back memories of certain friends that I haven’t seen in ages and the fun times we had, which makes them priceless to me. However, I also collect some cards for the long term with intent to sell in the future of course, but the cards in my personal collection are my primary concern and I would never sell them!

6 Likes

Very long term collection goals:

Number ___ Trainer (any kind)
Gold Star Umbreon Play Promo
Gold Star Espeon Play Promo
(Gold Star Eeveelutions Play Promo)
Victory Orb Mew
Championship Arena Mew

Shorter term goals:

Eevee Fan Club
Shining Magikarp Fan Club
Masaki Promo Set

10 Likes

My main goals are:

**1 - To collect all of 1st edition Base/Jungle/Fossil in both PSA 10 & PSA 9.**This has been a goal of mine since 2009 and I’m very close to completing it. The only thing that changed from 2009 is that originally I was planning on collecting mostly 9s with a few 10s but in 2016 I switched my goal to collecting complete sets in both PSA 9 and PSA 10. This has always been my main goal because it is the source of my nostalgia. I grew up on Base Set and although I collected through Team Rocket (Neo Genesis if counting Japanese cards), my fondest memories were of the Base/Jungle/Fossil era and those three sets just work together.

**2 - To collect all of the English WOTC era cards in NM+ condition for my binder collection (Base Shadowless and Unlimited for everything else)**I still need to collect the Neo and e-Reader cards. I wished I had collected them years ago but always considered it a secondary goal. Still, it should be fun to piece things together in the future.

**3 - To collect all the (non-trophy) Japanese exclusive cards cards in NM+ condition from generations 1 & 2 (roughly corresponding to the end of the WOTC era).**I generally prefer to collect English cards when they are available, but I also love collecting the Japanese exclusive cards from the early era.

4 - Collect specific random cards I like.
I think eventually I will complete my first 3 goals and this is where I will linger for many years to come. Besides what I outlined above, I don’t have a plan to collect any other sets at the moment. If the goals outlined above are obtained I will shift to just collecting random things that I like. Perhaps some stuff from the EX era, maybe some Gold Stars, maybe some cool modern cards, and maybe even another trophy card somewhere along the way. TBD.

7 Likes
  1. Finish Ex Team Rocket Returns in PSA 9 (missing snorlax and mewtwo)
  2. Finish Ex Power Keepers ex’s in PSA 10 (missing salamence)
  3. Finish Spanish base 1st edition (missing Charizard)
  4. Binder collection of Japanese ex’s (have about 70%)
  5. Continue buying primes/lv. x’s in PSA 9/10s
3 Likes
  1. All English PSA 10 Tyranitar and JP only variants (15 away).
  2. PSA 9 Shadowless Set (We will see what PSA has to say on that).
3 Likes

My main concrete goal is to one day complete PSA 9 1st edition base. Other than that I find myself just buying whatever I like and seems to be a good deal

*Edit short term goal, I also want to send off my first submission of PSA Cards to be graded. I have about 500 I eventually want to get submitted :grimacing:

4 Likes

My long term goal right now is a PSA 9/10 English ex set. I am getting there, but limited availability of mint cards and price rises are making it a bit difficult. Still making progress though. I have some side long-term goals that I pursue as well, working on PSA 10 Japanese delta holos and picking up mint EX series stuff here and there.

Short-term goals are basically limited to a couple cards. I love the new Dragapult V full art, definitely want to score that in a 10. I have a nice English copy which will be going off to PSA, but nothing is coming out of Japan now so I’ll have to wait on the Japanese copy. I would also like the new Espeon & Deoxys and Umbreon & Darkrai alternate art GXs in 10, have the English ones ready to be graded but still working on the Japanese. I also just have a big stack of cards which need to be organized and graded which I hope to do soon!

4 Likes

Long term:
PSA 10 1st Edition Shadowless Set
PSA 10 1st Edition Neo Genesis Set

Short term:
PSA 10 Southern Island Set
PSA 10 1st Edition Shadowless Charizard (you’ve seen me scavenging) haha

7 Likes

Grade slowking 1st edition and Unlimited from Neo Genesis in a 10

6 Likes
  • English and Japanese variants of cards of my favorite Pokemon (not counting first edition and unlimited edition variants though. Doing this especially for Salamence, Rayquaza and Flygon. Both PSA graded and binder. I’ve already completed this goal for Alolan Vulpix and Alolan Ninetales so I’ll try to focus more on the dragons from now on :blush:

• Ex series cards in a binder. One of each card but I’m going in easy mode and accept any language. If I get a reverse holo it takes a priority in the binder. And when it comes to Gold Stars I prefer to have them graded and in Japanese.

• Completing PokeDex binder. One card of each Pokemon in PokeDex order. It was complete for a moment but since the release of gen 8 cards I now have a new goal with it obviously.

• Overall buying cards that I like. My goals aren’t crazy atm, I like to take it simple.

6 Likes

Current collection goals are booster box master sets for the respective Japanese ERA in the TCG - :blush:

Sealed X and Y booster boxes - XY - 6 out of 9

• Collection X - XY1

• Collection Y - XY1 :heart:

• Wild Blaze - XY2 :heart:

• Rising Fist - XY3 :heart:

• Phantom Gate - XY4

• Gaia Volcano - XY5 :heart:

• Tidal Storm - XY5 :heart:

• Emerald Break - XY6

• Bandit Ring - XY7 :heart:

Sealed XY BREAK booster boxes - XY - 4 out of 6

• Blue Shock - XY8

• Red Flash - XY8 :heart:

• Rage of the broken Heavens - XY9

• Awakening Psychic King - XY10 :heart:

• Fever Burst Fighter - XY11 :heart:

• Cruel Traitor - XY11 :heart:

• Expansion Pack 20th Anniversary - CP6 :heart:

Sealed Diamond and Pearl Platinum - DPt - 2 out of 4

• Galactic’s Conquest - DPt1

• Bonds to the end of Time - DPt2 :heart:

• Beat of the Frontier - DPt3

• Advent of Arceus - DPt4 :heart:

Sealed Diamond and Pearl series - DP - 3 out of 9

• Time-Space Creation - out of 2

• Diamond Collection - DP1

• Pearl Collection - DP1

• Secret of the Lakes - DP2

• Shining Darkness - DP3

• Moonlight Pursuit - DP4 :heart:

• Dawn Dash - DP4

• Temple of Rage - DP5 :heart:

• Cry from the Mysterious - DP5 :heart:

• Intense Fight in the Destroyed Sky - DP6

Sealed Black and White booster boxes - BW - 3 out of 14

• Black Collection - BW1

• White Collection - BW1

• Red Collection - BW2

• Psycho Drive - BW3

• Hail blizzard - BW3

• Dark Rush - BW4

• Dragon Blast - BW5

• Dragon Blade - BW5

• Freeze Bolt - BW6 :heart:

• Cold Flare - BW6

• Plasma Gale - BW7

• Spiral Force - BW8 :heart:

• Thunder Knuckle - BW8 :heart:

• Megalo Cannon - BW9

:heart_eyes: these are long term goals that I have been working on for years now. But I am excited to continue crossing them off of the list :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Currently I am trying to collect all the Natta Wake pokemon in at least a PSA 9. After another member here mentioned the set, I looked them up and got hooked on the artwork. All that eludes me is Psyduck and Hoppip!

11 Likes