What is your next collecting goal? Any specific cards? Set of cards?

Personally im buying XY promos such as festa cards and other prize / participation cards

16 Likes

Havenā€™t finished my current goal yetā€¦but the list for whatā€™s up next is very long. Probably something small, so perhaps sealed W stamps as there are only a handful of cards.

3 Likes

I have a quite a few on the go over the next couple years that I think are doable. Short term goal is to finish off my Shadowless binder. Only got 3 holos left and a few trainer cards to go. Next in-line is the 1st Edition Jungle and Fossil binders which I have half the holos of each set, but thankfully I have all big hits from each one already.

I also want to eventually finish my Neo Genesis 1st Edition binder. I got Lugia out of the way and most of those holos are still pretty cheap in my view. I have the entire set, but still need most of the holos.

Aside from all this, I have a few more graded cards Iā€™m after. I still would like to get a PSA 10 1st Edition Base Set Bulbasaur to finish off the Kanto starters (I have all the others). I also definitely want a PSA 10 1st Edition Jungle Pidgeot and possibly Flareon as they are 2 of my favourite holos from the WOTC era.

After all this, I might look into other Neo era sets or E-Reader stuff if I find the money. I also collect Magic cards so Iā€™m probably going to have to pick and choose some realistic goals for each. Iā€™m definitely not ā€˜all inā€™ on Pokemon as much as I enjoy the old and new cards Iā€™ve been seeing. I would love to learn more about the promos and other unique cards at some point as well.

5 Likes

I just ordered a 12 pocket binder for after watching Gem Mint Pokemonā€™s ā€˜The Ultimate Binderā€™ video, which I plan to be similar in spirit (not the cards themselves). It will take a while to fill up, but itā€™s going to be so good.

One of the pages Iā€™m thinking of will have the 8 Kanto Gym Badges with the 16 Base holos (hopefully shadowless) underneath. Iā€™ll also put some promo mini-sets in, and.

Link to video: The Ultimate Binder - YouTube

8 Likes

I am very nearly finished with my 1st Edition Neo binders, something I began several years ago when it was comparatively far more affordable. Naturally I did not buy the most expensive cards first like I should have. I need to pick up Shining Tyranitar and Shining Charizard and then those binders are complete.

When I am finished with them I donā€™t know what Iā€™ll do next. Iā€™ll have completed Base through Neo Destiny in 1st Edition, which feels like the end of my lifelong collection. I have some niche goals, like manifesting a Meowth #10 promo in a BGS Black Label. But thatā€™s kind of a for-fun white whale.

I think next I will probably collect the Vs series, which I like a lot. I have a very modest partial binder begun for that and after a lifetime of costly pickups that will be a much less demanding acquisition. But I also feel like I am on the precipice of downsizing. I love my 1st Editions, and I am very proud of them, but they have become something of a weight. I would love to downgrade to something a little more eclectic, but selling this collection would be a difficult undertaking and I wouldnā€™t even know where to begin.

8 Likes

I have about 50 collection goals that Iā€™m working on right now :melting_face: but here are some of the highlights:

PSA 9/10 set-based English ex set: 49.64% complete
PSA 10 Japanese set-based Lv. X set: 23.91% complete (but most Lv. X I am grading myself and already have in mint condition)
PSA 10 Japanese set-based delta species holo set: 35.29% complete
PSA 10 Japanese set-based BW EX Full Art and UR Shiny set: 18.06% complete (but most cards acquired in mint condition)

Iā€™m hopeful that completing the BW and Lv. X sets wonā€™t be too challenging, especially now that grading has opened up. But English ex is gonna take a long time.

6 Likes

I am currently looking to complete a Topsun Prism set, i have 11/16 cards.

6 Likes

Green wing, one code, low logo, clear wrap, long crimp Base box (thatā€™s a mouthful.) It is a really long-term goal, one I canā€™t possibly achieve unless I both sell some of my most treasured cards and spend those funds on Pokemon (which wonā€™t be happening.) It is my next big goal though, perhaps in a few years.

5 Likes

This is my next goal. I picked up the Team Rocket full art in a 10 earlier this year. I will get Giovanni eventually itā€™s just a matter of when. I love all things Team Rocket and these will be two of the crown jewels in my Rocket collection :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Recently picked up an Ooyama Pikachu PSA 9 and want to get the rest of vending series next, likely starting with series 3 but eventually completing that set in grades 8-10 if possible

4 Likes

Currently Iā€™m working on finishing completing my Diamond Pearl/ Platinum Binder Sets. Iā€™m not too picky with the condition on those so that should be doable in the next few month.
As long term goals I want to grade all ex cards as a psa 9 myself and open a box of every DP set (that will take quite a while though).

8 Likes

Iā€™m working on my binder sets, my long term goal is to complete all main English sets 1999-2022 (I made the decision to draw the line at the end of SwSh, for now at least). I was planning on completing Celestial Storm and Darkness Ablaze this summer and Cosmic Eclipse in the fall for their anniversaries (only need 49, 3 and 35 cards, respectively) but plans change when you find listings you didnā€™t expect to see :sweat_smile: so right now Iā€™m working on my BW binder sets and my BW holo/ultra rare binder, which Iā€™m filling with one of each BW holo, ultra, FA and secret, raw, in at least PSA8 but on average PSA9 condition or above. Or, Iā€™ll make an exception for the condition if I find a card at a cheap price. So far for that binder, Iā€™ve made a bit of progress this year and am now at 68.73% complete, which is up from 54.22% completion at the beginning of this year.

4 Likes

I am almost done collecting all Game legal English decks based on box styles. I just tallied and current count is I have 346 out of 359 deck boxes, about 305 are sealed decks and that count doesnt include the collection boxes that include decks (about 35 of those, of which I have 26) . I likely will push for sealed decks once I have completed getting all variant boxes. After that will push for World championship decks so I can stop saying ā€œGame legalā€ in my collection description, itā€™s really annoying to not just say ā€œall English decksā€.

Was really trying to complete the variants this year but likely wont be able to find them for a while since Ive exhausted most marketplace sources.

6 Likes

Iā€™m like 4 years in to my gold star binder goal and only the most expensive cards are left to get so it should be at least 4 years more to finish.

9 Likes

I have some very long term goals, mixed in with easier to accomplish short term goals.

Long term:
Gold stars in PSA 9/10
Crystals in PSA 9/10
English exs (including promos/pop series) in PSA 9/10
English EX full arts in PSA 10
Fan Club promos in PSA 9/10
1st Edition Base holos in PSA ??

Short term:
SwSh Gold secret rare pokemon in PSA 10 (Grading myself)
SwSH Alt Arts (Grading myself)

Very long term:
Any snap card in any condition

9 Likes

My goal right now is to fill out my Lv.X binder as well as picking up Alt Arts here and there. Long term Im looking to pick up the elusive NY '08 Turtwig Distributor promo to complete my turtwig line collection.

10 Likes

Itā€™s gotta catch 'em all bro.

Haha on the real, my goals change (evolve?) so much. I have no idea what Iā€™m doing but Iā€™m having a good time. I guess rare stuff is a category?

7 Likes

My main goal for this year is to finish my master English Piplup line collection, minus the 5 2007 tropical winds and the SDCC Stamp. Those cards are simply too expensive and difficult to find for me to justify purchasing at the moment, if they even pop up for sale anywhere in the first place. Maybe someday though!

For now, I have 7 cards left (excluding the above), and surprisingly, the most difficult to find have been the cheapest of the group. Once I pick up the two 2008 Worldā€™s backs that I still need, the other five cards should be fairly easy to pick up once I have the budget for them.

Longer term goals include continuing branching out language-wise for the Piplups and my trainer gallery collection.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not very far into completing my goals. My main goals are:

Salamence english and japanese master set psa 10: Iā€™m number one on the set registry for this (lol) but still I donā€™t have many, thankfully I have 3 of my favourites in Japanese which are actually some of the hardest to find.

Neo Shinings Jp PSA 9:
Have 4 incluring charizard and will be focusing on these heavily for the next few months.

My next goal are - Crystals JP PSA 9 unlim: I chose unlim for the added difficulty. At zero percent but mainly because I havenā€™t actually seen any come up for auction or sale for a reasonable price since I decided i wanted to collect them.

In addition to the above, Iā€™m collecting mint modern jp chase cards in a binder slowly. I want to fill the binder and I suppose this will become my main goal when shinings and crystals are completed or close to completion and I have made more significant progress on salamences.

Theres also 5 japanese charizards I want in mint or better condition graded, namely the gold star, crystal, shining, wcp ued and e1 unlimited. Thankfully I have the wcp and shining already as these are expensive.

The main reason I want to just focus on modern chase cards in a few years is because I can collect more slowly and not spend as much on cards. This is why I wonā€™t add any more graded goals beyond what I have listed above.

4 Likes

I have one very simple very basic goal right now- fill out the PokĆ©dex in a binder. I think Iā€™m getting close to 800. Itā€™ll be simple enough I suppose once I sit down and place the orders, but I like to see what I get out of new sets before ordering specific cards.

7 Likes