What sets are you currently trying to complete?

What sets are you currently trying to complete?

Graded or ungraded? What grading company? What grade? How far along are you?

1 Like

I’m currently working on Base Unlimited-Neo Destiny, ex era, and some assorted modern sets.

I’m almost done with Base-Jungle-Fossil. I’m only missing 1 card from Base, 6 from Jungle, and 3 from fossil. My Neo series are spotty, most of my wotc cards I pulled myself when I was a kid, so I wasn’t caring about sets then.

The ex era master sets I’m doing taunt me, so I’m not currently tracking their completion. We have a tumultuous relationship…

I’m also currently filling 2 binders with modern. 1 for Darkness Ablaze-Champions Path-Vivid Voltage. 1 for Astral Radiance-Lost Origin.

The idea of a big binder full of every bug pokemon card ever released (in order of release) has been buzzing around in my head. Might start that in the next few months… as well as the Shedinja binder…

I’m a binder collector, but theres a few little sets of graded cards I enjoy. I’m currently trying to aquire all of the old PSA slabs that have the japanese neo file cards (and some neo genesis) as “double white star”. I know of 13 cards, and I currently have 4.

I also just randomly buy cool singles I like sometimes for the hell of it :melting_face:

4 Likes

I’m trying to get every WOTC Charizard variant in 1st ed/unlimited and in all the languages. I still have a good amount to go, but base set is coming along nicely. Korean unlimited will be the toughest I think. Portuguese 1st edition, Dutch 1st ed, Italian 1st ed, pretty much all 1st ed is going to be more expensive.

5 Likes

Not sure this counts since only half of the holos from Neo Genesis come with them, but I’m trying to complete a PSA 9 1st edition double swirl set.

5 Likes

Rocket 1st edition raw binder. Been working on it on and off for years. Got most of the heavy hitters already so not in any hurry to finish it. Hopefully by the end of the year. I just keep forgetting about it.

4 Likes

Working on the PCG-P promo binder set.

I am 128/154 done for this set :smiley: The issue is the remainder ones have some heavy hitters and also some hard to find cards. But taking it nice and easy. I am at this set for close to 3+ years now, so not in any hurry. I will try to close it out by this year as my primary aim.

So also, I am 59/63 done for the ADV-P Promos

41/51 done for DPt-P promos. However, I am excluding 3 cards from this set for myself, since I wont attain them realistically. So it is 41/48 cards done

Cheers!

5 Likes

Still chipping away at Japanese base, jungle and fossil holos in PSA 9. I’ve got most of the popular cards from each set so just need to fill in the gaps now

3 Likes

Dutch 1st edition Base Set PSA 10. Started about 4-5 years ago and I’m currently at 98/102, so 96% done. Getting to 100% is currently impossible, and getting to 99% will be very expensive.

7 Likes

I have almost completed my English WOTC 1st Edition Base/Jungle/Fossil binder sets. I have a bunch of slabs at PWCC that I’ll eventually have cracked out to fill in the remaining gaps in it all. The same applies to my 1st Ed Neo era sets, which I’m primarily focused on Genesis through Revelation.

I’ve also slowly collected 1st Ed Gym sets and have a very small Skyridge collection started which I hope to complete eventually. I have a small collection of Japanese Vending and later VS cards started.

For modern, I have no defined goals. I have a few graded slabs and might try and build up a few sets if I can. Kind of been surprised to see how modern prices have held up on some cards. Some have gotten to a point that I’d sooner just keep putting money into my vintage collection while they’re discounted like this.

2 Likes

I’m one Giratina away from a complete alt art collection of the SWSH era in my language and still need 3 tag team alt arts and full art supporters from the Sun & Moon era each – of course mostly the expensive ones.

On the vintage side, I’m slowly working on a full set of English gym holos. Heroes is complete, but I’ve only gotten half of the Challenge cards.

2 Likes

I’m currently working on the no rarity full set :

8 Likes

Base Set 1st Ed Holos in PSA9 - English - Complete
Base Set 1st Ed Holo in PSA10 - Spanish - Complete with some 9s
and then every other wotc set up to skyridge in PSA10 excluding some impossibles for me like T17; Slowking Genesis, Lugia… (Those in PSA9 1st Ed).

2 Likes

Just need Morioka to complete my Lucky stadium set. Well… not quite if you count Tropical Mega Battle, even low grade copies are just a bit too out of reach, even if I could find any for sale :cry:

1 Like

I would like to have every Japanese eSeries holo PSA 10 Unlimited (1st ed for Expedition), although I doubt that will ever include all of the crystals.
Another goal is all the holos from Japanese Neo 2 in PSA 10

Worth pointing out I am probably under 25% for both of these goals :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m still working on my PSA 9 Gyarados English master set. I’ve been working on it for a little over a year now. Close to 90% on it. It’s gotten pretty tough and I’m having to grade a lot of cards myself now to complete it.

The mid-era cards in particular have been pretty challenging to find. Guess because there weren’t a lot of cards from those eras printed and on top of that regular Gyarados holos/reverse holos probably weren’t most people’s chase cards. That, and some of the more random stuff in the registry… stickers, the Burger King cards, that sort of thing. Some of these are tough to find.

Been a lot of fun though! This is the first time I’ve done a species collection and I’ve really enjoyed it.

3 Likes

Skyridge PSA 10 holo set. Started back in summer 2021 and am now at 21/38 cards. My favourite English set of all time and likely the only one I’ll ever attempt to complete in a PSA 10 since the cards aren’t as hard to grade as other WOTC sets.

Also close to completing PSA 9 full holo sets of Team Rocket 1st Edition and Neo Genesis 1st Edition.

20 Likes

What Dutch cards do you need to complete your set? Dutch is a tough one.

Still waiting for my latest Special submission to tell me how far away I am from the goal.

4 Likes

How do you track a collection like that?

Every box variant for every English deck. I’m missing a large portion of the world champ decks (around 40), 2 trainer kit variants, 3 expanded deck packaging, about a dozen collector boxes that included a deck, 2 promotional decks, and 3 theme deck variants.

Overall not terrible considering there are about 500 total decks. Also 90% of my decks are sealed. Ive been putting off getting an exact count until I get the last 3 theme decks variants I need.

2 Likes