What sets are you currently trying to complete?

Tell me about it… I’m still missing the ones in my signature: Chansey (pop 0), Hitmonchan (pop 1), Magneton (pop 1), and Ninetales (pop 1).

1 Like

NEED to finish 1st Edition Fossil, and all I need is the Gengar, and NEED the Japanese Base Charizard. Unfortunately, I am shallow and need them in a PSA 10 to complete each set.

Not sure what I’ll do after that :joy:

1 Like

what makes this set easier to grade compared to other WOTC sets?

Start Deck 100 :blush:

2 Likes

The later WOTC e-series cards had better quality control with fewer factory defects such as print lines or silvering. The e-reader borders on the cards were more or less standardized, which meant you were guaranteed to pass the front centering check.

With some of the biggest production issues fixed, it’s no wonder many Skyridge cards are basically a coin flip between a 9 and a 10. Compare that to something like Neo Genesis T17 where getting a 10 is unheard of, and even a 9 is tough to achieve.

1 Like

I’m currently working on:

• No rarity base JP, any condition
  • Vending PSA-10 set. I am around 70% done and only grading myself
  • The retro-era sets (PCG-P, L-P, DP-P, and DPt-P) with almost all cards (I won’t spend more than ~$2500 on a card so the big trophies are out of my budget) in any condition – I have ~70%
  • All Victory Medal cards – I have ~50%
3 Likes

In the next two weeks I’ll finally be done with Hidden Fates.
Been giving some thought as to what to focus on next and will probably go for Ultra Prism and Cosmic Eclipse.

2 Likes

I’m doing the full sets of the early WOTC era in 1st edition.
All the non-holo in raw and the holo in PSA 9.

It’s going to be a long way… but I’m patient and am enjoying the process a lot. :smiley:

I’m tracking everything in Excel. :nerd_face:

5 Likes

all those E-Readers placed together look fantastic!

1 Like

ooo very nice and good to know, thank you!

I’ve been recently itching to start collecting all English mega evolutions and their Japanese Counterparts. I find the Japanese cards funny because of the English name of the move is on the art.

1 Like

Very slowly working on VS Series, and also my “set” of 480 Jungle Pikachus

2 Likes

Every old back holo (+ reverse / shining) in PSA 9 aside from no rarity base and trophies.

I’m around 80% complete but the last 20% is big spenders like shining and fan club. I’ll likely complete the set cards (aside from shining) by end of year.

13 Likes

Some of them are already complete, but I try to keep up with new releases:

1. All English and Japanese/Chinese exclusive FA Supporter and CHR artworks: 100% complete, with some incoming cards from the latest sets.
  2. Seviper TCG cards in every single TCG language: 100% complete, with some incoming cards from the latest sets.
  3. Pikachu TCG cards in every TCG language up to February 27th, 2021 (25th Pokémon Day), and just English after that date: 99.2% complete (missing just two English; five Japanese; two German; and two Spanish Pikachu, out of the 1500+ officially released Pikachu TCG cards).
  4. Seviper non-TCG products. Apart from keeping up with new releases, this is my main focus right now. I basically buy anything I can find that features a Seviper (unless it’s the full gen 3 or custom-made items). So this includes non-TCG cards; stickers; figures; plushies; pogs/tazos; posters; metal tags; etc. etc. I even have a cushion and blanket, and am looking for the bed sheets from the same series.

Some of my other main collection goals have already been completed, and I don’t think new versions will release for them:

1. Moltres WotC #21 promo in all raw, sealed, and graded variations. Got all raw ones in the available languages; all ten sealed versions, including the rare Norwegian, Swedish, and Japanese Pokémon Web booster packs; and I got a BGS-BL10, CGC-P10, and PSA-10 of the English Moltres. I am however still looking for a GRAAD-9.5+ Italian Moltres and perhaps a German Moltres by a German grading company in 9.5+ as well.
  2. All six Ancient Mew versions in PSA-10.

And I’m very sporadically buying new Yu-Gi-Oh cards for my Yu-Gi-Oh rarity collection, but it’s a rather inactive collection at this point.

Greetz,
Quuador

8 Likes

Lol

Korean unlimited base set literally everytime this comes up ever get anywhere through. still stuck about around 75% done.

3 Likes

Why are you stuck?

It’s one of the toughest sets to find outside the 2 player stater deck cards, very limited print what i’ve learned and the pain of many species collectors who go for all languages

2 Likes

Have two collections I am working on, hoping to finish by end of year:

1. PSA 9/10 Unlimited Neo Shinings - currenlty 9/10 Missing Kabutops, but out of funds atm :smiling_face_with_tear:
  2. PSA 9 Unlimited Base set holos - currently 3/16 Luckily the three are Blastoise, Charizard, and Venusuar. I also have 8 cards at PSA, hopefully get 9s on those. And out of funds atm, so will have to wait to complete.

I have an entire case of start deck 100 bulk if you want to buy. I can put it up on ebay with pics if you wanted!

Thanks for the offer!
If I was just starting the set this would be a great way to knock off a ton of cards.

At this point for the set I’m just going to have to buy decks I know the contents of and optimize the overlapping cards :slight_smile:

1 Like