2022 Toronto Regional Championships: Mitsuhiro Arita

I agree with this – it should be possible to be critical without coming across as salty/ungrateful. Charging $140 as a deterrent to providing your own pen is definitely steep.

Unrelated note – what’re you planning on getting signed + what customization were you looking at getting done?

1 Like

Did anyone here win the demonstration lottery? Thought they were to go out today to the winners but havent seen any posts yet.

2 Likes

I’m still on it! They’ll go out tonight!

3 Likes

Just make sure I get one! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you hopefully to get one!

1 Like

God speed! Fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Got a panel!

5 Likes

:pray:Yesss!

4 Likes

Hey guys check your spam folders! Mine as well as Mykel’s panel email was flagged as spam for some reason

3 Likes

Nice! Any idea if you can join the general SMS queue to get 2 autographs, and also get 2 autographs from Arita during the panel?

Sidenote – I’m back from a bit of a hiatus… how do you get the cute sprites into your signature?

Congrats everyone. My streak of never winning anything continues :frowning:

Hopefully everyone enjoys the event

2 Likes

There’s still the general SMS queue! Will you be attending anyways?

Got a panel for Saturday!! Hope to see a few of you there!

2 Likes

I’ll still be there just after the Baltimore line issues don’t have the confidence in things going smoothly. Hopefully the whatnot flippers stay home this time.

Also hoping they take names in line on the friday like they did the last day of Baltimore to prevent line jumpers. I get after that the que will roll over each day so line shouldn’t be an issue. Just if they dont friday can see people trying to cut in line when everyone has to pick up there passes.

Id suggest take names like they did and let people register for sms before picking up there passes so that they can keep the line separate from the players and those that dont care to meet Arita.

1 Like

I got two panel passes and I will end up doing regular SMS queue. I’m curious on how picking up passes, then trying to sign up for SMS queue will work. Hopefully they do take names early like they did in Baltimore on Sunday. Also Hopefully the venue opens at 7am, its gonna be a cold night for camping in Canada during Winter.

There’s the email of the event organizer on the website – it might be valuable to relay this stuff to them (maybe linking smpratte’s video describing the Baltimore disaster as well) to avoid a mess?

No rush to pickup panel passes though, no? There’s a limited number of those, so wouldn’t it be smarter to grab a wristband first, and head to SMS immediately?

I’m just saying that after people that are in line get their wrist band, hopefully people don’t cut into the SMS line. Even though I wasn’t inline on Friday or Saturday for Baltimore, I heard that many people from outside would race to down to the area as the doors opened, Also at Baltimore there was a lot of cutting in lines going on. On Sunday they took names outside of who was in line to prevent this and separated players in the tournament from people that wanted autographs. Hopefully that’s what they do again.

1 Like

Two?

Don’t you need a wristband before you can get into the SMS line?