2023 Orlando Regional Championships: Midori Harada

I am pleased to announce that Midori Harada will be our guest illustrator at the 2023 Orlando Regional Championships!

You can read the info here: Overload Events - Orlando Regionals Feb 3-5, 2023

More details will be added soon! I will post here as updates are made. Live demonstration registration info will be added soon as well. All other event info can be found on that site!

Update: Spectator/competitor passes will be available on RK9.gg on Tuesday, January 10th at 9pm EST. Link to be posted once available!

Price: $25 per autograph, or $100 for an autograph on an Energy card
Quantity: Up to 5 autographs on personal items per visit
Personalization: Required to the name of the person receiving it. Generic personalizations such as Collector, Trainer, Ash, Red, or a character’s name will not be permitted. Staff have final discretion as to what qualifies as generic.
Ink Options: Black, silver, or gold. Please do not bring your own writing utensils.
Payment Method: Debit/credit card only
Queueing System: SMS and photo ID only

Blank items, such as paper, shikishi, or blank trading cards, are not permitted.

Please note that the SMS queue will roll-over between days at this event. So, there is little to no value in waiting outside the venue early after the first day. This is in an effort to see as many different people as possible throughout the weekend.

Please note that a photo ID will be required to participate in the general line.

An effort will be made to provide rough wait estimates via SMS, but this will be a manual process on my part, so please be patient. Please come prepared to wait for long periods, and enjoy your time by bringing trades, playing in side events, playing retro through current video game demos, bringing games, visiting the vendors, and enjoying time connecting with other fans at a live event.

I’m looking forward to seeing you all!

22 Likes

Glad to see the rollover queue returning! It worked out well in Toronto as that event was a smooth experience. Not sure if I’m going or not but I think it will depend on panel vs. no panel opportunity. Really cool to see Harada appearing for a signing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is where the fun begins

Awesome! Hoping I can make it, as well as get lucky enough to get a Harada-artwork card signed! I live in Jacksonville and this would be my first in-person event :slight_smile:

She illustrated one of my favorite Flareon artworks (EX Sandstorm). Wish I could be there!

3 Likes

As expected it’s harada! Hopefully I can get panel this time!

Very excited for this! I hope to see some of you there and thank you Alec!! :bowing_man:t2:

2 Likes

holy schmokes. what a big one! jealous of those who will be making it

Already bought my plane tickets! Look forward to seeing any fellow E4ians there!

3 Likes

Awesome. Will she do sketches on cards?

My guess is on 1 of the cards like Toronto

1 Like

I will try to attend!

7 Likes

Any approximations on how much spectator passes and signatures cost? I’ve been waffling on visiting my friends again, especially since one of them will be competing VGC side.

I don’t have any inside information, and exact prices will certainly be revealed later, but spectator passes have always cost $10. Saitou signatures were $20 each, but Arita signatures were $40 CAD (about $30 US) with various add-ons like non-specific personalizations, Japanese signature, using your own pens, etc. which increased the price significantly. You also may need to factor in whether you want to try for a panel pass which guarantees you signatures ($150 USD cost for Arita plus signature cost) as depending on demand, waiting in the general line is no guarantee of getting signatures.

In my understanding, artists have a large amount of leeway on the prices they charge. So we won’t know for sure until all the details are released.

4 Likes

Sometimes I wish I lived on the East coast :cry:
How likely is a west coast signing? I feel like most signings are east or in the middle.

1 Like

I’m west coast and bought round trip tickets for $240. Not cheap by any means, but less than I was expecting.

3 Likes

The signings have been at regionals hosted by Overload Events.

If we are to see any other signings at regionals, they will likely be at the following events which are beings hosted later this year by Overload:

Charlotte - March 24-26, 2023
Hartford - May 19-21, 2023

5 Likes

Super excited, thanks for getting the info out to us @Alec! Started picking up a few cards for the signing last night :slight_smile:

Love Harada’s card art! If anyone’s able to help me get a card signed (personalized to me to keep), happy to pay whatever :')

Same as @davie! I would love a personalized Flareon Holo from EX Sandstorm. I can send the card and pay for the fees & effort. :slight_smile: