Salt Lake City Regionals: Mitsuhiro Arita [Updated 3/13]

Hello E4! I would like to announce that Mitsuhiro Arita will be attending the Salt Lake City Regional Championships on April 4-5, 2020. He will be signing autographs, doing live artwork demonstrations, and offering commissions.

Schedule:

Saturday
10:00AM Demonstration Panel
1:00PM Line Opens
3:15PM 20 Minute Break
5:30PM Line Closes

Sunday
10:00AM Demonstration Panel
1:00PM Line Opens
4:00PM Line Closes

Pricing:

Personalized: $5
Personalized w/ Sketch: $10
Autograph: $20
Autograph w/ Sketch: $30

Limit 3 autographs per person, 1 of which may have a head sketch of the character. You may get back in line.

Payment method: Card and cash.

UPDATE: Due to the spread of COVID-19, the artist event for Mitsuhiro Arita at the Salt Lake Regional Championships has been canceled. In the interest of his health and the health of his fans, Mr. Arita will be returning to Japan from his tour early. We sincerely apologize, and appreciate your understanding.

25 Likes

24 Likes

@fourthstartcg Okay that killed me haha

4 Likes

Sweet! I can finally attend one of these events :wink:

4 Likes

Any chance for those of us who can’t go having a similar proxy card signing service :blush:

4 Likes

I know I don’t have the resources/people to organize that in SLC like I could for Dallas, so hopefully others are able to help out this time!

7 Likes

BAH! If only it was hosted during school break, I would have been able to go!

If anyone does do a service, please let me know. I would love to get my Base Gyarados signed by him personally!

2 Likes

Oh man I’m in Dallas but I might have to fly to this. I don’t have anything signed by him. Super rad.

1 Like

Hey guys! I never got anything signed or have ever been to one of these before. Just a couple of questions. Do we have to pay for him to sign? Can we get in line a bunch of times and have him sign multiple things?

1 Like

It’s about 400 miles for me since it’s a neighboring state. I’d love to work out something to go:)

11 Likes

!!! I would love nothing more than to get my Dark Typhlosion’s I have signed (one of my favorite cards ever!)!! I wasnt able to get to Dallas, but id love to make arrangements for this one! Plus id love to see Salt Lake and meet others from here if possible!!

4 Likes

If Gary goes, I go. :pray:t2:

3 Likes

Yes, the signer will pick their price, how many cards they’ll sign per person and how many times you can enter per day. They’ll usually personalize or autograph depending on the artists wishes. A page will come up fairly soon with all rules and stipulations. It’s been a great year so far for Pokémon!

2 Likes

That’s amazing. I’ll pay whatever they want. I’ll get in line 5x if they let me haha

2 Likes

lol agreed. But Id be more than happy with just one of my dark typhlosions just personalized in some way. That card meant the world to me as a kid and I have a PSA 9 1st edition one thatd id crack just to get the signature on it (not even sure if i should do something like that, but hell itd never sell it anyway bc i love it too much) or I could just use my raw one thats a little scratched up. I know Charizard is always the big one with him, but cyndaquil has always been my favorite pokemon and the only Typhlosion that I felt did the evo justice was by him, and oddly enough after being sad about missing Dallas, this comes along. I just cant believe all these signings are happening lately and it really is such a great time for pokemon as you said!!

2 Likes

So I would love to have something signed as I have a mint base set 1st ed pikachu, charmander and even japanese base charizard, but if he requires a name to personalize I would opt out probably. While I would totally appreciate a signature, I would want my card to still hold value too, which I imagine would drop if he wrote my name too. I would probably sub in a card with less value if that were the case though I guess…

Can anyone explain how grading a signed card works? Specifically the difference between a signed authentic card and one with an actual grade still. Does PSA grade the signature, card or both?

Lastly, how does one value a PSA graded card that is signed vs an unsigned one? I’m curious what the opinion is because I do like my collectibles to hold value. I wouldn’t want a card to lose value having it signed after all. Appreciate the responses guys and I’ve never had something signed before so I would appreciate the feedback.

1 Like

You can choose for PSA to authenticate a signature or grade and authenticate a signature. You can also do the same with the card - authenticate the card or grade the card.

PSA will still authenticate if there is a personalization!

Arita’s autograph is more obtainable recently, not to say his autograph isnt valuable, just that it is probably more sentimental in most cases. I get cards signed personally because it gives me a chance to meet the artist and have a piece of Pokemon history.

5 Likes

If they grade and authentic a signature, then will that exclude the grade on a card? Do they not do both simultaneously?

There are 3 options as far as I know

1. Authenticate the card and grade the auto
  2. Grade the card and authenticate the auto
  3. Grade both the card and the auto
2 Likes

Just looked up a ton of examples and I saw some with both the card and auto graded…

On another note, what determines the grade on an auto? I feel like if the auto looks nice, then why both having a grade for it.

I would personally authentic an autograph and get the card graded, but I can understand why someone would do the flip if the card was in poor shape. It’s an easy way to get a high grade on a card, but be for the signature instead.