2022 Toronto Regional Championships: Mitsuhiro Arita

Please don’t enter then! :wink:

1 Like

Damn okay so its $40 per card… can i get just the Japanese signature, or does it have to be both or latin alphabet? And the sketch is free? I also dont rly understand; it says personalization is required, but also says generic personalization is $140?

So the cHarIZorD69ers will have to pay an extra $140 CAD to get “To Ash,” or “To Trainer,” on their card? :joy:

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 9.57.43 PM

8 Likes

I’ll pretend the $150 is a sacrifice to Arceus + the TPC overlords who’re bringing Arita to Toronto :wink:

3 Likes

Basic signature will be a “To ” + “Mitsuhiro Arita”?

1 Like

Trying to understand - for the basic two $40 signatures, one can have a pokemon related sketch? Or would the $140 tier be needed to have the sketch… or just for a “non-pokemon” sketch?

You get 2 autographs per visit

A signature is :

• a personalization (optional $140 CAD flipper tax)
  • Arita autograph (optional +$15 for both Japanese and Latin)
  • the date
  • 1 out of the 2 will have a sketch

it looks like $140 can also get you a non-pokemon sketch on any item

[this is my understanding]

8 Likes

Thank you for clarifying! It’s great the 1 sketch is included. The flipper tax also makes total sense, and I hope it makes the line shorter!

1 Like

This clarifies everything!

Looking forward to this – Arita is a super friendly guy; it’ll be dope getting to meet him in person.

1 Like

On a separate (and potentially super silly sounding note)… I remember participating in an E4 thread a long while back around artist autographs + auto pens + PSA’s authentication services being a crap shoot.

If I’m planning on getting an auto and planning on getting it authenticated by PSA, should I be concerned at all about gathering evidence of authenticity at all?

1 Like

Also do i have to pick up the tickets at the event or do i get them beforehand? It said i was allowed to buy two tickets so i got two for my girlfriend and i, but it says theyre non-transferable… does this mean she will be unable to use this ticket bc i bought it?

They don’t use external evidence when evaluating a signature

If it’s like the last event you pick them both up at the same time under your name in person

3 Likes

Yeah, figured – fingers crossed then!

Schedule will likely be coming out later today :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the first time ive ever been to an event like this; whats on the schedule ? :sweat_smile:

If you are selected for the demonstration are you allowed to purchase only 1 ticket or are you able to purchase 2 tickets to the demonstration?

One ticket!

It’s kind of annoying that you have to pay an extra $140 per auto just for wanting to use pen colors other than black, silver, or gold.

Charging extra for what is effectively a commission sketch or the generic personalizations made solely for flipping I absolutely understand and agree with. But out of the three, the different pen colors are the least onerous on the artist and the least likely to be used by people just there for the money.

Charging extra for your own pens I can see, but $140 is very steep to me.

2 Likes

Fair point! The reasoning behind that one is it can slow down the process, and one of the biggest areas of concern is seeing as many people as possible within the time we have allotted for the weekend, with the caveat that the artist will receive more if someone makes a request that takes more time.

These event details WILL differ from event to event based on each artist, though I’ll keep optimizing the process and flow at the event itself, unless one artist really wants you all to stand in a line the entire time.

6 Likes

Thanks for the response Alec! I think overall these changes are very positive, so I hope I don’t come across as salty. I had the perfect autograph pair in mind which does require unique colors so I’m a little annoyed I have to pay $280 more for it.

I definitely understand charging more for things that increase the amount of time the artist takes per person. I guess my issue is that I don’t see how bringing one’s own pens is on the same level of time commitment as something like a unique, request anything non-Pokemon sketch. Charging much extra for that or the flipper tax makes sense, but I think bringing your own pens should be a cheaper add-on like the Japanese signature.

9 Likes