Mitsuhiro Arita Signing at Ocala Comic-Con 2022

Longtime Pokémon illustrator Mitsuhiro Arita will be making an appearance and signing autographs at Ocala Comic-Con on September 17th & 18th in Ocala Florida.
For tickets and more information you can visit the website here: www.ocalacomiccon.com

Feel free to post here if you will be attending the event and what cards you’d like to get signed!

5 Likes

I’m a total noob at signings - do you guys just fly into Orlando a day early, take a car to Ocala, stay at a hotel and line up hours early? I know Arita has done Ocala several times before and I’ve heard the one he did right before covid was a mess. Also what are the chances of being able to get in line twice?

2 Likes

Yeah unfortunately the last event was a mess due to a number of reasons. Ultimately they were unprepared for the amount of people that turned up and didn’t have a solid queue or any rules in place until day two. Not to mention it was also in what amounted to a hotel lobby. However they have moved the event to what I believe is a larger venue and I’d imagine they will be more prepared this time. Looks like 3 personalized autos per visit, similar to the Kouki Saitou signing.

As for the travel I would recommend staying closer to the event unless you plan on spending extra time in Orlando or the surrounding areas. Orlando to Ocala is a bit of a drive. And I always like to be a few hours eary :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Thanks - do you recommend flying into Gainesville? And do you think it’ll be possible to get 2 signings in? I’ve heard the lines can be incredibly long, if it’s 10am-6pm, idk if it’s possible especially if you get there a bit later

2 Likes

Gainesville is certainly closer and will have little to no traffic going to Ocala. It’s basically just swamp-land out there lol. As for this event I couldn’t say how busy it will be. I’d imagine if you attend both days you should be able to get in line a couple times… maybe? It all depends on how many people show up really.

3 Likes

Would love to get some cards signed, hopefully he comes to the UK soon!

1 Like

Will be in Oslo in 2 weeks, take a trip :wink:
I heard they only do personalized signing now, anyone know what this means

It means they will address the signature to you “To ____”

1 Like

And they are firm on that? Only to me, not trainer or somthing like “everybody”

Please don’t. You know why personalization is required and pushing for “letter of the law” loopholes to aide in flipping is just going to make signing events more clamped down in the future, if not forbidden entirely.

3 Likes

It’s more like I have 4 children og would like to have 1 starter to each, but have no option to go my self, and have made arrangement with a friend to take the cards with him.

Can I send a note with …
To Alex
To JK
To Ole Magnus
To Henrik

Or will they only sign the person that is in the line?

Yes absolutely then you can get cards for your cousin named Everybody, uncle named Trainer, and roommate named Ken Sugimori. NP.

1 Like

Thanx for serius answer

Thanks for posting. Will definitely keep an eye from future events. Lots of info for a noob-to-signing here. :sunglasses: Was this posted on arita’s website? I haven’t been checking that for quite some time…

2 Likes

Yeah it is posted under his events tab

1 Like

I just got word from Ocala’s organizers in an email that “He won’t have time for any commissions.”
Which is sad for me - but maybe next time, hopefully!

1 Like

What does that mean, exactly…?

So this was the price list for Arita in Ocala 2019. Shikishis are commissions in this case - you ask him to draw/paint something during the event (he works on it throughout the day) and you pick it up later - but of course you couldn’t ask him to do Pokemon art.

4 Likes

What I’d give to go back to 2019. I would’ve brought so many cards.

2 Likes

I’ll be going to Ocala, is anyone else going? Trying to figure out which airport is closest.

2 Likes