2022 Toronto Regional Championships: Mitsuhiro Arita

Hopefully the trash from Whatnot doesn’t ruin this signing

Thank you for the added info! :relaxed: definitely hope to check out more of the city! Some will depend on how well my son is doing in the tournament and if he makes top cut for day two, but it’s been ages since I’ve been to Toronto! We should be good with the cold, Michigan has taught us a thing or two! The hard part for me will be trying to get our two teenagers to wear gloves or a coat walking to the centre if we’re walking! :joy:

1 Like

I’ll pay for half of someone’s ticket if they get me a signed Electrode lol

This’ll be my first event :grin:. Super excited and nervous as I don’t know what to expect! Living in the GTA I figured might as well see what it’s like!
Now to narrow down what two cards I want signed…

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to it! I spent some time today looking for which cards I want to bring with me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The tickets are 10 dollars ? And youre limited to 2 autos per person

GL

1 Like

Lol well damn I thought they would be more expensive than that.

2 Likes

Then you have to pay per sig too. At the saitou event it was 10 dollar spectator pass then 20 per sig. The cost isnt the hard part, its all the time and money that goes into attending

3 Likes

Yup, exactly. I am pricing out attendance now, I will likely take the train to Toronto as I am a few hours away, that ticket will be $120ish. Then hotels which are expensive, I’m looking at $800-1000 CAD for 3 nights. Even if you find a friend to split with, attendance alone is over $600 not including meals.

Throw in panel passes which will likely be over $100, $20 per signature, etc etc. it will be a costly trip. If you don’t get a panel pass, you’ll likely get through the line once in the weekend. It doesn’t really seem feasible to middle for people unfortunately.

3 Likes

$120 for a train ticket to Toronto??! Do u gotta take the VIA?

Whats the panel pass for? Does it allow you to get through the line more times? I feel like theres a ton of nuance to these events, im kinda nervous

Yup, gotta take VIA unfortunately. I could drive but I feel like parking and gas would be more expensive.

For Saitou, panel passes got you in to a private event after the public signing had concluded. Attendance was limited to 35 people I believe. After the panel, you had an opportunity to get up to 5 cards autographed. The panel passes were essential because they guaranteed you autos, while the public line was very challenging and if you weren’t in line hours before the convention even opened you got none. Unsurprisingly, panel passes for Saitou sold out in seconds.

I have heard some unconfirmed discussion that panel passes for Arita will be a lottery. But we’ll see how everything shakes out once we get confirmation of details.

2 Likes

Assuming the panel passes are per person? So if I’m there with my family, we each would need one? Would rule it out for all of us I would imagine, especially with the demand. But hey, I’ll need a break and would love to do the panel while they chill! LOL

Ouch. Nevermind then lmao seems much more complicated now than years ago.

Dumb question – does a panel pass give you priority? I thought everyone (spectators and competitors alike) had to go through the SMS queue alike.

Yes and no! So the panels happen after the public signing is closed for the day. People with panel passes can join the public line, but they don’t get any priority there. Panel tickets are important because the panel ticket gives you the opportunity to get 5 autos after the panel ends (at least that’s how it was for Saitou), and that’s guaranteed. So you effectively don’t have to bother with worrying about whether you’ll get through the public line or not.

2 Likes

Got it! Do we know if these happen all three days? Trying to map out my day, since I’ll only be able to go on Friday!

We won’t know for sure until the information is posted, however if things go the same as Saitou, they would be each afternoon/evening!

1 Like

Sick! Fingers crossed then – hopefully this won’t be anything like the mess last time…

Update: The pricing and schedule have been posted, and the live demonstration entries are open! This time, instead of first-come first-serve for the demonstrations, these will be selected via drawing. Each demonstration attendee may get up to 2 autographs after the demonstration at the posted pricing. The entries will close this Sunday night!

2 Likes

Damn, that’s steep – you’d think that for $150 USD + tax, you might get two basic autographs…

1 Like