WTB Battle Carnival 2011 Mewtwo Jumbo BW-P Promo Card

Does anyone know where I might be able to buy this Jumbo Card? I’ve only seen two webshops that had it, but both were out of stock (although I haven’t looked very long). It’s also not for sale on eBay.com/eBay.nl at the moment.
If anyone on the forum has one for sale with reasonable shipping fee to The Netherlands (Europe) that would also be great.

Here is a picture and the Bulbapedia link:

Greetz,
Quuador

Wishing I had forked over the $90 I saw it listed for on eBay last time it was up… I haven’t seen one since, and that was about 4-5 months back. Good luck with the search!

Ta~da: page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e195660707 - Literally the only one I could find anywhere. I’d grab it if I were you.

Thanks @skinst, but if Google translate is correct, that auction doesn’t support international shipping…
Also, how do I create an account on that Japanse Yahoo with Japanese captchas… :confused: I have a regular Qwerty keyboard.

Greetz,
Quuador

Ask @japanime :wink: He can help you out there with shipping and how to get around that pesky issue.

1 Like

Thanks @skinst, I’ve contacted him.

Greetz,
Quuador

Hey @quuador!

@pokemontrader (I’m pretty sure it was Michael) made a thread with good translations in it so you can us a couple of key phrases. I would suggest making a Buyee or Noppin account if you plan on using it long term.

If you create it now, you can secure that card quickly given you do have competition here in @justitnator =)

1 Like

Hi @ozenigma,

Thanks for the keywords from PokemonTrader’s thread.

As for the “If you create it now”, that’s the issue. Without filling in the Japanese symbol captcha I can’t make a Japanese Yahoo account… Unless I’m missing something obvious here.

Greetz,
Quuador

You won’t be able to make a Japanese Yahoo account, hence why I have said you need to use a middleman site like Buyee or Noppin. You will be paying them to forward it for you, but many sellers refuse to sell to “gaijin” anyway making the middlemen required to use Y!J.

Best of luck!

I’ve made an account on Noppin. When I placed my max bid I already had to pay. In case I loose, am I able to retrieve my money back again, or does it stay on my Noppin deposit or something for the next auction?

Also, I get a lot of timeout errors on Noppin due to the bad connection between The Netherlands and Japans, which also worries me a bit… t’s four days until the end of the auction, so perhaps @japanime is able to help me before that.

Which middleman-website is the most used one here for the Japanese Yahoo?

Greetz,
Quuador

I personally use Buyee because you don’t have to pay until you win. But a lot of people also use Noppin.

If you don’t win, I’m pretty sure you’ll get that money back.

I’ve read through the post above by PokemonTrader and it you can indeed get the money back. Was pretty obvious, but just wanted to make sure. So I’ve placed a bid, and now it’s waiting until I have hopefully won.

Thanks for the help, and I’ll let it know here if I managed to win it.

Greetz,
Quuador

Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Best of luck friend! :grin:

1 Like

Thanks @ozenigma and @skinst! I was able to win it through Noppin. It’s currently in the status processing (which probably means it’s being shipped from the seller to Noppin, before they can ship it to me). Thanks for helping me out.

Unfortunately, one of my other incoming Jumbo cards got refunded… So now I’m missing the Pikachu & Pichu Jumbo Card. I’ve seen it pretty often on eBay in the past, and currently there is one available with USA-domestic shipping (I’ve contacted the seller). Hopefully I’m able to buy one soon.

If I’m able to buy that one, then all I need is the Italian Red & Blue Pikachu EX Jumbo (and regular-sized). For some reason the Italian Pikachu Red & Blue box release has been delayed by two weeks compared to the other languages… I received the French box yesterday, and have the English, German and Spanish ones incoming. :grin:

After I got all Jumbo Pikachu cards I will post some pictures in my collection thread.

Greetz,
Quuador

Dang, there was quite the bidding war on that!! Congrats on the get.

1 Like