Places to buy singles?

Hi,

As most of you might know by now, I collect Pikachu TCG cards in every variation, language, misprint, rarity, etc. I have a few webshops I use to buy singles that I check regularly, but I’m especially having trouble pinpointing Portuguese, Korean, Chinese, Russian, and Polish cards (as well as most German/French Reverse Holos).

So, I was wondering, what webshops do all of you use for completing your (multi-language) collections?
I personally use these webshops (NOTE: I’m living in The Netherlands):

• TrollAndToad.com: Quality may vary a bit, but here I bought the main part of my English cards, and it’s where I bought the cards that started my Pikachu collection.
  • eBay.com / eBay.co.uk: Well known by everyone, and here I get most of my English and Japanese cards from.
  • marktplaats.nl / eBay.nl: Here I bought my Dutch cards, as well as some English and Japanese ones. Also, @aj1 sold me a few Korean, Russian and Polish cards in the past as well. All Russian cards I’ve got, I got by buying them from him (so thanks!).
  • eBay.de / eBay.fr / eBay.it: Here I buy most German, French and Italian cards, each from their respective eBay. I also come across English and Japanese cards sometimes. In most occasions I have to contact the seller, since they only support domestic shipping by default. Most do agree to ship to The Netherlands however.
  • en.pokemoncardmarket.eu: European only website where I bought almost all missing Italian Cards, as well as a large portion of Spanish and Portuguese cards. I also got a few German, French and Japanese cards I was missing from here, and apart from the eBays, I check this website most frequently.
  • Frikea.es: Although I already had most Spanish cards through pokemoncardmarket from their in-stock singles, I’ve bought 1 Spanish card and the Spanish Red & Blue Pikachu collection (incoming) from Frikea so far.
  • LPPCollecting.it: LPPCollecting was selling English and Italian cards on pokemonmarket, which is how I got almost all of my Italian cards except for a select few holos/specials. I can’t buy directly from their webshop since they don’t support The Netherlands on registration, but through e-mail contact I’ve bought over 50 cards so far, including the two Ivy Pikachus with LPPCollecting stamps.
  • Noppin.com: Recently recommended to my by @ozenigma when I was trying to find a Jumbo Card that is currently incoming. Noppin is a middleman service which enables you to bid on auctions of Yahoo.co.jp.

You know any websites to buy Pokémon TCG cards not listed above? Feel free to comment them in this thread.

PS: If anyone got any Pikachu card I’m missing, feel free to PM me directly so we can work something out.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Glad to be of service :wink:

Bump. No one?

I’m especially looking for a Portuguese/Brazilian webshop that ships worldwide, but any website you know that sells Pokémon cards/products to add to the list would be welcome.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Too much competition these days nobody wants to give out there hidden sites.

4 Likes

I know that @xzini is a fan of Portuguese cards so maybe she can point you in the right direction?

2 Likes

I’ve actually tried to look for a place like that but I don’t seem to find. The Portuguese cards I have I’ve bought from eBay.

But, there is a site called Mercado Livre in Brazil which is kinda like the Brazilian eBay and I’ve seen some interesting stuff there but unfortunately they don’t ship worldwide and the site is in Portuguese only. That’s quite a shame because Brazilian real has such a low value right now that it would be a great opportunity for people using USD / Euro / Pound to get great deals.

If we only had a Brazilian middle man…

2 Likes

I’ve come across that website in my search indeed, but unfortunately it was domestic shipping only. :sob: Ah well, looks like I’ll have to use pokemonmarket.eu and ebay in my search for Portuguese cards…

I was indeed doubting to put my list here, but I figured that most were known anyway, and it might help others.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Thank you for helping others. Too bad other users couldn’t take from your example. >>

Bump. Let’s try this again after a year. New members, new chances. :wink: Does anyone know any other webshops/places to buy foreign Pokémon singles?

Greetz,
Quuador

I’ve used tcgrepublic.com/ for some japanese cards in the past.
They tend to ship sleeved cards inside of a cd case for extra protection XD

whats the condition of the cards like? i cant seem to find condition. just prices

All the ones I have got have been nm/m

All the ones I’ve bought so far have been nm-mint too. Don’t know if the condition is guaranteed though. But I can’t complain about the ones i got so far.

1 Like

Condition varies. I’ve mostly had mint to near mint cards but I’ve also had cards that I would consider excellent / played. Indents, edge wear and so on. Also mint looking cards might have indents on them so you really have to look closely on them if you are planning to grade them. So basically you never know what you get, it’s bit of a lottery. But mostly the cards are in good condition especially if you are buying newer cards.

Plus in general their service is really good and you always get a free booster pack or free cards with your purchase. So even if you can’t be sure about card conditions, my experiences with them have always been positive.

2 Likes

Ah yes, ordered once from them and also received my card in a CD case. :blush: Oh, for anyone wanting to order here: they don’t differentiate between 1st edition and unlimited edition in their pictures nor description, so keep that in mind when buying here. Thought I would receive an unlimited edition Japanese Seviper, but received a 1st edition (which I already had) instead. When I contacted them about it they stated they don’t differentiate between 1st/UED and ship randomly… :unamused: Something to keep in mind (and also a reason why I don’t have to buy there again, since I’m only missing specific editions for my Japanese cards…)

The service apart from that is great though. Quick response, excellent packaging, and if I recall correctly a free booster even when you buy a single card. So definitely not a place to stay away from, it’s just not really suitable for my remaining collection goals.

Greetz,
Quuador

For Spanish cards: www.pokemonshop.es :blush:

Ah yes, I’ve seen that webshop before. Unfortunately they only have newer cards starting at XY. The Spanish cards I’m still missing are mainly from the WotC era:

Pikachus:

• (20 USD) Neo Genesis [70/111] - Spanish 1st Edition
  • (18 USD) HeartGold & SoulSilver [78/123] - Spanish Reverse Holo
  • (30 USD) Promo [25] Flying Pikachu (Pikachu Volador) - Spanish
  • (30 USD) Promo [28] Surfing Pikachu (Pikachu Surfista) - Spanish

Sevipers:

• (18 USD) Platinum [61/127] - Spanish Reverse Holo

Moltres:

• (20 USD) Promo [21] - Spanish Promo [Sealed]

Greetz,
Quuador

This could be a nice addition to your list, not sure if he ships worldwide though.

I know him personally, good guy and knows a lot about independant cards.

pokemonkaarten.marktplaza.nl

Bought from him a few times the cards were good, but the grammar on his site/ad’s tilt me to no extent xD

1 Like

www.lotticards.de/navi.php?qs=seviper

Few reverse holos on here - going to be buying Sichlor cards from here soon so will let you know the condition accuracy if you need these