Quuador's Pikachu Wanted List - 10 out of 1433 left to go

Hi,

I’ve already made a Pikachu Card Collection thread, so why not a Wanted thread as well.

As I mentioned in my collection thread, I only focus on all regular sized TCG Pikachu Cards. EDIT: And now also Jumbo Cards! (So this is excluding Pikachu-shaped Dittos, cards featuring Pikachu, Jumbo Cards, stickers, etc. and this does include all languages, stamps, codes, misprints, etc.) Here in this Excel you can see my collection (in green), incoming cards (in yellow) and needed cards (in white).

I’ve also put a Wanted cards list in this thread which might be easier for some. I’ll try to update it regularly when I have new incoming cards. This version below is more updated than my Excel.

So, first of all the quality: My main preference is Ungraded M/NM, but any quality/grade will do, even if it’s heavy played/PSA-1.

All Pikachu Cards I’m still looking for sorted per language:
(Added prices to give an idea of what I’willing to spend for a M/NM copy, but it is of course negotiable. NOTE: Prices are including shipping towards me in The Netherlands.
I’m also willing to buy PSA-graded or played quality cards, but I prefer M/NM ungraded.)

Official releases / main wanted Pikachu cards:

(5000 USD) Art Academy - English (US) Kabuki / Ashley

(10000 USD) Promo - Japanese Pokémon Snap Best Photo Contest 1999

(4000 USD) Art Academy - Japanese Farmer / gogotake

(4000 USD) Art Academy - Japanese Business / pikamania

(4000 USD) Art Academy - Japanese Space / Mane Akimaru

(5000 USD) Art Academy - Japanese Pikachu Emotions / Ginga

(300 USD) Promo [25] Flying Pikachu (Flug-Pikachu short print) - German Promo (not to be confused with the German Fliegendes Pikachu, which I already have)

(300 USD) Promo [28] Surfing Pikachu (Surf-Pikachu) - German Promo

(300 USD) Promo [25] Flying Pikachu (Pikachu Volador) - Spanish Promo

(300 USD) Promo [28] Surfing Pikachu (Pikachu Surfista) - Spanish Promo

Unofficial / other wanted Pikachu cards:

(1000 USD) unknown origin Ivy Promo - Japanese Glossy Promo with corrected Keiji Kinebuchi illustrator and off-set Pikachu in the artwork (green circled one at the bottom-left)

(70 USD) Base Set unlimited [58/102] - English ‘Frying Pan’ ink blob error

(225 USD) XY Evolution [35/108] - English Reverse Holo grey ink error

(50 USD) XY Evolution [35/108] - English non-Holo with greyish artwork color misprint (if legit - I’ve seen it once on eBay and at the time thought it was sun discolored on purpose, but unless a fellow Pikachu collector bought that exact copy, there might be more than one in which case I want it)

(20 USD) XY Evolution [35/108] - English non-Holo orange/dark color misprint (on the right)

(800 USD) Base [58/102] (misprint) - English 1st Edition Grey print Red Cheeks (not to be confused with a regular 1st Edition Red Cheeks print or Yellow Cheeks Grey stamp, which I both already have)

(200 USD) Base [58/102] (misprint) - English black/grey 1st edition back stamp Yellow Cheeks (not to be confused with a regular 1st Edition Yellow Cheeks print or Red Cheeks with black/grey back print, which I both already have)

(200 USD) Base [58/102] (misprint) - English white 1st edition back stamp Yellow Cheeks

(250-400 USD depending on the language/version) Base Set [58/102] (misprint) - (any language) Square Cut

(90 USD) Jungle [60/64] - English 1st edition Grey print (not to be confused with the regular 1st edition)

(50 USD) Gym Heroes [81/132] - English 1st edition Grey print (not to be confused with the regular 1st edition)

(200 USD) Ivy Pikachu WotC Promo [1] - English with upside down Italian LPPCOLLECTING - PER 2 O PIU’ GIOCATORI stamp (I already have a regular Giocatori, Giogatori, and upside down Giogatori stamped versions)

(120 USD) Base Set [58/102] with aftermarket “Christmas '99 - Pack 729” stamp - English

(75 USD) Base Set 2 [87/130] dark orange border error - English

(450 USD) Base Set 2 [87/130] - English Ultra Jumbo (56 cm) Pokémon League Square Cut

(450 USD) Base Set Shadowless [58/102] - English Ultra Jumbo (56 cm) Pokémon London Toy Fair

(450 USD) Base No Rarity - Japanese, signed by Ikue Ōtani (Pikachu voice actress)

(5000 USD) Base - Japanese Solid Gold 20th Anniversary

(400 USD each) Neo Genesis Sample Prints - Japanese (known numbers: 15, 20, 21, 36, 38, 39, 41, 44, 47, 54)

(2500 USD each) Sample Set 1 - Japanese (two versions: both with and without e-reader strip)

(2500 USD) Sample Set 2 - Japanese

(2500 USD each) Jungle with Ivy background and white borders - Japanese pre-Base prototype (I don’t think the second was ever printed as physical card, but adding it just in case)

(3500 USD) Ishihara’s 61st Birthday Ishihara & Pikachu GX Tag Team Promo [??] - Japanese Full Art Ultra Rare Promo

Ishihara & Pikachu GX 2

(2000 USD) MTG Pikachu print test - English

(150-250 USD each) Other Giant Pikachu card used at events - (any language) (these below are just examples)

giant card - Indonesian

(40 USD each) Pikachu Vmax Battle Raid Box cards (1400, 2000, and 2800 HP versions)

(25-60 USD) Any Set (misprint) - (any language) Square Cut Misprint
(15-35 USD) Any Set (misprint) - (any language) Any crimped seal error
(10-20 USD) Any Set (misprint) - (any language) Any ink drop printing error
(15-50 USD) Any Set (misprint) - (any language) Any off-center/miscut cutting error
(15-35 USD) Any XY/SM/SwSh+ Set (misprint) - (any language) Any Glossy error
(35-200 USD) other autographed cards (any language)
(price negotiable) Base Set/XY Evolution - Extended/Altered Artwork

Do you know about a Pikachu Card (perhaps misprint) that isn’t mentioned in my Excel yet, let me know (preferably with pictures if possible). If you want to sell one that isn’t on this list, even better. :blush: I also buy miscuts, crimped, square cut, ink drops, and other misprinted/error Pikachu Cards.

Greetz,
Quuador

18 Likes

I can’t help but damn man you are really down to the nitty gritty with this collection!

4 Likes

Below is the same list sorted per language.
EDIT March 1st, 2017: Removed this post and used the list per language in the first post of this thread.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Bump.

Also, I started buying Pikachu Jumbo Cards as well since yesterday. And… well… I got all of them incoming already :stuck_out_tongue: except for three:

• Pokemon Center Happy Birthday Pikachu - Japanese Holofoil Jumbo Promo
  • Red & Blue Collection Pikachu EX - English Jumbo Full Art
  • Red & Blue Collection Pikachu EX - German Jumbo Full Art

The Red & Blue Collection Jumbo Pikachu EX in both English and German will be released in two weeks (September 14th), so I know I’ll be able to buy those soon as well.

This leaves me with one Jumbo Pikachu I need though, the rarest of them all:
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/%27s_Pikachu_(Pok%C3%A9mon_Center_promo)

EDIT: Ok, found and bought all of them. All 12 Pikachu Jumbo cards are now incoming (and I already had the 13th, the Base Jumbo Pikachu). Now I just need to wait for the European release of the Red & Blue Collection for the latest two Pikachu Jumbo releases. Not bad, I started collecting Jumbo Cards yesterday, and already have the complete collection incoming. That was easy. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

Bump

I’m not sure which Red Cheeks version you’re looking for but I have the Shadowless if that’s the one you need, just send a PM

Ah, I forgot to clarify that one. I think you are referring to this one, @gcea:

I was referring to this Red & Yellow mixed Base Pikachu misprint that I had come across. It’s probably a one-of-a-kind misprint, kinda like the Gold Border one and something I might never be able to add to my collection, but I just added it to the list purely because I know it exists.

The 1st edition Shadowless Red Cheeks, unlimited edition Shadowless Red Cheeks and E3 Red Cheeks are all in my collection. :blush:

Still thanks for the reply though.

Greetz,
Quuador

Ok, never seen that before, good luck finding it!

Bump. 153 out of the 775 more to go. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

Bump. 147 out of the 781 left to go. Less than 150! :grin:

I also buy miscuts, crimped, square cut, and other misprinted Pikachu Cards.

Greetz,
Quuador

Such a comprehensive list! Insanely awesome collection btw :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Bump. 103 more to go. :blush:

98 left to go! I’m currently sitting at 83% of all existing Pikachu cards (I’ve added percentages to my Excel). Here is an overview per language:

English Japanese Dutch German French Italian Spanish Portuguese Korean Chinese Russian Polish
Have 151 181 6 87 90 88 39 9 16 3 7 3
Incoming 3 3 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 3 0
Need 10 22 0 12 11 8 9 22 4 1 0 1
Percentage have+incoming of total 94% 89% 100% 88% 89% 92% 82% 29% 80% 75% 100% 75%

Damn Portuguese cards… :sob: Two languages (Dutch and Russian) completed, though. I am Dutch, so those weren’t too hard. I already had most before I started collecting Pikachus specifically.
I had no idea Russian would be my second 100% completed though. My Russian contact is amazing, he already had the BREAKthrough Pikachus for me durig the pre-release sales. :grin:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Bump. 95 more to go, even though some more Sun & Moon promo Pikachus have been released since last time. I’m still surprised I find new Pikachus every week. :grin: I’m definitely not complaining though. Keep 'm coming!

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Take it easy.

3 Likes

Bump, 102 out of 806 to go.

I was contacting by someone from Brazil a couple of weeks ago, currently awaiting more responses… I hope it will go through, because that would mean I will get (at least) 13 Portuguese/Brazilian Pikachus. But we’ll have to see…

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Wow! 102/806 to go. You’re in the home stretch! I hope the Brazil contact comes through

Bump 86out of 808 left to go.

And I finally found someone from Brazil! After just one week he already send me some pictures of 4 Pikachus and a Seviper that had arrived. So soon (probably still at least three months) I might be able to cross ~15-18 Portuguese Pikachus and 2-3 Sevipers from my list. :grin:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

I’ve updated my first post with prices I’m willing to pay for them. Some prices may be ridiculously overpriced, and others perhaps underpriced, but that doesn’t matter. If you have the card in M/NM condition I’m willing to buy it for the price stated.

Greetz,
Quuador

Bump simultaneously to my Seviper wanted thread.

Greetz,
Quuador