Best Place to buy Cards in Europe?

I started collecting a few months ago and I’m having trouble finding good places to buy cards I’m missing in my collection for reasonable prices.
So I have been wondering where you guys buy your cards (sealed or single) apart from ebay.

Haha well , i was about to say ebay but ya know. The other places i buy from is chaoscards.co.uk or magicmadhouse i think its called? Totalcards is good too, i think they do individual cards on those sites, my fav is chaoscards, totalcards’ site loads like it’s from the 90s.

Pretty sure a lot of Europeans on here will recommend CardMarket.com

Here’s a link :blush:

1 Like

Most sellers are willing to answer messages or provide scans if necessary. (In my experience anyway)

UK has a few good facebook pages as well, but it might not be easy to pick up specific cards you want. I can recommend some in PM if you want, or you can probably find most of them by searching :blush:

1 Like

If you are ever in Copenhagen, I recommend checking out Faraos Cigarer. Its in the central downtown district.

They literally have 4 stores on the same block. One store for board games and TCGs, one for role playing gear, one for english comics and books, and one for danish comics.

The TCG store is like 3 stories tall, with a gaming section on the top floor.

The gaming community in Copenhagen is huge right now. They have board game cafes, there was a separate store devoted to just Warhammer, and all of the Faraos stores. Super cool. If anyone gets to Copenhagen, I highly recommend checking them out.

This is one of those questions that no one wants to answer because it’ll give them competition for their business lol

Honestly as an European myself too, I think if you are looking for singles (and if you are not too picky about the condition) you can still use TrollAndToad or Collector’s Cache. Both have option of $5 postage to Europe from the US and I think that’s very reasonable especially if you are buying many cards.

Europe based sites though, there are sites like ChaosCards, TotalCards and so on, but I feel like their prices on singles are high. They are good for sealed product though. TotalCards is great for booster packs, the more packs you buy the less one pack will cost you :blush:

I don’t get the reason behind being like “Oh, I have this super secret place where I get shadowless charizards in mint quality for 1$, but I ain’t gonna tell.” - Like…why even mention it then? Just keep it to yourself, lol.

Anyway, I buy all my stuff from Local TCG Groups, eBay, cardmarket.

4 Likes

Really? I never checked TnT because never was sure about shipping costs. I ordered a few times from CardMarket.eu and you easily pay 3-5$ from anywhere in Europe so it doesn’t really make them cheaper. Thanks for the tip!

I do get it. Friends of mine stumbled on a great second hand store in Tokyo few years back. It’s just off the grid and part of a big chain that has stores in Akihabara, but it being just of the grid and needing some more travel to get there they don’t want to spread the word to much. Especially since the pricing is a bit lower than the store in center of Akihabara. The location of the shop ‘leaked out’ into our extended friend circle and one guy just went there, blew 3000$ on games and consoles just to resell on eBay. Which is the whole point they try to keep the shop a bit more of a secret; so it doesn’t get raided every 3 months.

A fisherman that catches a lot of fish on one spot, will rarely reveal where he sits down and what bait he uses, because he doesn’t want to lose his spot.

@genosha Yes really! :blush: I’ve bought from them many times. The shipping is bit slow though, it can take 2-3 weeks to arrive.

I think you’re saying the exact same thing. But what cardcolle means is: why would someone even mention they know a store with great deals, if they’re going to keep it’s location/website a secret.

P.s
Yes, T&T ships for $5 to europe.

2 Likes

@xzini thanks for that tip with Troll and Toad ! I just bought about 60 cards from them for a much better than price than cardmarket would offer. I’m pretty excited to see them in a few weeks :blush:

Gotta say thought that I didn’t find any good place in facebook.

2 Likes

I think people are quite rude about it sometimes especially on ebay, ive sent some messages to people not asking where they got their stock but general advice like, is it worth selling common cards. Ignored everytime haha everyone is too afraid to help each other from fear of competition.

In conclusion, you can give advice without giving away your trade secrets

I am sure this person has a supermodel girlfriend in Canada as well. :wink:

2 Likes

And a nigerian prince!