Online Japanese Card Stores?

Been trying to look more beyond ebay, amazon japan, and yahoo auctions to find cards from Japan and wanted to find more unique sites in Japanese that sell cards. I’ve seen the mandarake website and wanted to find more websites.

Also in Maxmoefoe’s video Opening an $8000 Card - Solid Gold Pikachu - YouTube he mentions he found a middle man that supplies a phone number and everything you need to buy from the pokemon center in Japan. I’ve been using zen market so far but they don’t do stuff with phone numbers. Wasn’t sure if anybody knows of a different company out there.

1 Like

I know of plazajapan and amiami. They both have Pokemon TCG stuff (cards, sleeves etc) as well as pokemon center goodies (plushies, toys etc). As far as I have seen they also have pre-order function as well but I am not certain if this extends to certain high end exclusive . I have personally used only plazajapan and they have great service and good packaging for the deliveries.

I hope this helps somewhat. Cheers!

Will check it out. I’m still curious about certain Japanese proxies out there. I’ve been looking out for stuff in Japan in case something else big shows up exclusive there.

I was also more looking for singles and japanese promos that are harder to find through ebay.

Wow mandarake really got cleaned out these past months

2 Likes

Don’t take this the wrong way my dude but a lot of people only get the cards they want for better prices because half of e4 and 90% of collectors beyond aren’t privvy to how to find the card stores or pay to receive the cards from said card stores once they find them. I think it’s super nice that a couple people are willing to share some info, but the rest of the time you’ll usually see people pointing you to Buyee or telling you to do your own due dilligence.

4 Likes

All it takes is a couple people telling other people on e4 and a few collectors/investers/flippers buy out the store. This is why posts like this generally go unanswered.

1 Like

Yeah… on one side you want to help, on the other you create more competition on very limited stuff by doing so + it’s like, I still find some weird sites once every couple months by doing hours of research month after month & then someone comes in like “ok but can I just have a complete list please thx.” Sets are one thing everyone can enjoy and help each other out with, but on this stuff we’re literally all competing, whether we like it or not. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Yeah it would be nice to still be able to come to some of the old websites once in awhile without seeing literally everything bought out as a few people with deep pockets decide its time to start “investing” in japanese promos. We just released a comprehensive list of pokemon cards with less than 1000 print releases to the public and I’m already starting to see the implications of that on the market. Listing every japanese card shop just means game-over.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjb3y_2K25o

1 Like

Sorry but it’s been “game over” for awhile now. A lot of the big flippers and collectors are already fully aware of these sites. Most of these shops and sellers know about the foreign market and have adapted. Plus with prices going up so high along with high middleman fees it’s pretty risky buying from these sites now. So they’re nothing special tbh, you’re chances of finding good deals are higher on social media, eBay, etc.

I’ll accept your apology and contest that you’re wrong. I find great deals all the time from little japanese shops that haven’t been spread across all of the forums and discords. Some have dried up and they get pulled off the excel spreadsheet. In any case, you’re basically saying what? Just give everyone your lists because there are no longer any deals regardless?

There was a clown on youtube that got salty at @smpratte for talking about cards, but one thing he said that wasn’t TOTALLY out of whack with proper context is, “don’t spoon feed the babies”. If we all have to spend hours researching where the best deals are, yall can hop on google and do the same. ESPECIALLY some dude with only 8 comments on the E4 forums just looking for places to buy from at better pricepoints.

1 Like

Don’t listen to him. They are all dried up- no need to bother searching for these sites yourself. No good deals to be found anywhere, move along there’s nothing to see here. :wink:

Nah but seriously, I regret spreading info before the pandemic started. Thought I was being nice by helping people with their collection goals, too naive.

Also @op a lot of sites can legit just be found by searching “pokemon cards” (ポケモンカード shop) in Japanese into google. GL navigating them w/o Japanese though. The time for sharing is over, it’s rough times out there- every collector for themself.

Maaaaaan. I miss when stores used to sell both English AND Japanese product. It’s what made Newberry Comics my favorite store. Had a bunch of convenience stores do the same. Times have truly changed.

I see that you collect a lot of very niche under the radar cards. If we’re talking about stuff like Victory Medal, Cynthia’s Feeling, Legend promos or other niche stuff then sure these site are the best routes. I’ll even admit that some of my rarest cards came from sites like those, only through luck. But I really don’t think it would make much of a difference if we shared those sites or not. The reason you find deals consistently is because you go after cards not many people are after. I’m still finding great deals consistently on eBay, Instagram, Reddit & other platforms despite everyone knowing about them. So I don’t see how you’d be badly effected.

Not saying these sites aren’t worth searching but for the really good cards it’s the same deal, gotta be at the right place at the right time. Personally I don’t care if anyone wants to share these sites or not. I just don’t think it matters that much.

There is no “salt” or hate and I have no issue with you giving away your sources. Doesn’t mean everyone else is going to give away theirs.

1 Like

Awww hypocritical elitists, trying to be all mysterious and sheit.

Turning the cheek and not realizing to buy out what they want before revealing like what the actual elite do…

1 Like

I did not expect to see former celtic legend guerschon yabusele on efour, ever

3 Likes

He still a legend!

Thought I was asking an honest question. Didn’t think I’d upset people over a question in the question forum. Thanks! I’m still going to be looking for proxies myself though.