Yahoo Japan Search Guide

ポケモン – Pokemon. This literally will have thousands of listings for anything and everything pokemon related. Plushies, cards, stationary, stickers, household items, the list goes on. Throughout this guide, we will be exploring many wonderful “niche” pokemon collecting markets.

Pokemon Card Search Terms

ポケモンカード – Pokemon Card. This term will bring up listings for pokemon cards Since it is such a generic term, use the below terms to help refine your search.

ポケモンカード (SET NAME) – A list of set names can be found on bulbapedia. Just search for the English name, and a translation for the Japanese set name will be there.
neo – Neo era cards
VS – VS Series cards
WEB – WEB Series cards
e – e Series cards
PCG - PCG era cards
ADV – ADV era cards
DP – DP era cards
DPt – DPt era cards
Lv. X – Level X cards
LEGEND – LEGEND cards
ex – ex cards
EX – EX cards
BW – BW era cards
XY – XY era cards

ポケモンカード (POKEMON) – Similar to the above, just search on bulbapedia, grab the name of the pokemon and insert it.

ポケモンカード (LANGUAGE) – Sometimes Yahoo Japan will have cards from other languages.
英語 – English
韓国語 – Korean
中国語 – Chinese

ポケカ – Pokemon Card (Short Form). This will help streamline the process if wanting to look at general lots for cards.

ポケモンカードプロモ – Pokemon Card Promo. Trying to find that exclusive promo only released at the Pokemon Center? Looking for that elusive promo from the 90s? This search term is all encompassing for promos.

ポケモンカード大量 – Pokemon Card Large Lot. This search term will pull up large lots. Perfect for looking for items to group buy, lots to potentially have gems or a whole lot of junk! A gambler’s dream and nightmare all in one!

ポケモンカード進化セット– Pokemon Card Evolution Set. If you are a fan of collecting just general lines of pokemon, instead of searching for singles, this will be a perfect search term. You also occasionally can find playsets of cards with this term.

ポケモンカードセット- Pokemon Card Set. A generic search time for finding sets of cards. These are usually playsets (4) cards. Great to pick up spares or proxies.

ポケモンカードBOX – Pokemon Box. If you are looking for deckboxes, gift boxes or booster boxes, this term may bring up one of your wants.

ポケモンカードデッキ – Pokemon Card Deck. This search term will find things like deck sleeves, deckboxes, sealed decks. Interesting term and sometimes small finds can be made.

ポケモンカードパック – Pokemon Card Pack. Generally it will give lots for packs, but occasionally booster boxes are found through this term as well.

ポケモンカード(デッキ)シールド – Pokemon Card (Deck) Shield. This is a term for deck sleeves or just regular sleeves.

ポケモン スター – Pokemon Star. Term for Pokemon Gold Star cards. Caution: This will also bring up a bunch of Starmie listings too!

コロコロ - CoroCoro. Used for those coveted CoroCoro promos.

ひかる/光る – Shining. Term used for Shining Pokemon cards. Make sure to add the term for Pokemon.

色ちがい/色違い - Alternative Colour. Term used for newer era shining Pokemon cards. Make sure to add the term for Pokemon.

キラ – Holographic. Used for those sparkly holos.

ジャンボ – Jumbo. Used for jumbo pokemon cards. Everyone’s favourite! How do you store them though… A collector’s paradox.

(激)レア – (Ultra) Rare. A catch-all phrase for ultra rares and rares. Make sure to have Pokemon Card term added to the search bar.

ポケモンカード (Pokemon Card) SR/UR/EX. This will bring up all listings of full arts/ultra rares (Japanese rarity) and general EX cards! Useful as a blanket search term. If you’re looking for full arts/UR/EX from a specific set, add the set block plus number to the end. For example, if I wanted to search for new full arts from Red Flash & Blue Impact, I would search ポケモンカードXY8 SR.

ポケモントロフィー - Pokemon Trophy. This generally will pull up the physical trophies that pokemon card events has.

ポケモン大会 - Pokemon Tournament. This will pull up any WORLDS merchandise, trophy cards, and other swag from Pokemon events. Super awesome to potentially find those hidden gems.

75 Likes

Please let us know if there is a term(s) you would like added! This guide is still in the works. :blush:
Have a great weekend all!

2 Likes

ポケモンカード (Pokemon Card) SR/UR/EX. This will bring up all listings of full arts/ultra rares (Japanese rarity) and general EX cards! Useful as a blanket search term. If you’re looking for full arts/UR/EX from a specific set, add the set block plus number to the end. For example, if I wanted to search for new full arts from Red Flash & Blue Impact, I would search ポケモンカードXY8 SR.

Note: Sometimes the set is not included. A search for just ポケモンカード SR and sorting by newest listings will have a good number of new cards.

Also, it looks like you’ve forgotten the PCG era in the list :blush:

1 Like

Adding :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This is pretty awesome… I made my own system, but this is better. I use buyee, do you think I should something else?

I personally either get @japanime to middleman or if he’s busy/I need something immediately, I use noppin.
Each individual has generally a favourite middleman or site in mind :grin:

2 Likes

Glenn is fantastic. But, being human, he is sometimes busy as Michael said :blush: I have found that Treasure Japan is the easiest site to use, logistically. But since I don’t do so much purchasing from Y!J I haven’t done a real comparison of the services and defer to other, more experienced collectors on which site actually offers the cheapest fees.

ohhhh… Buyee pretty expensive, and noppin you have to put the money in there before bidding or something. I will try this treasure Japan so thanks.

With buyee be careful as they don’t tell you how much the shipping will be and for singles to the UK at least it just isn’t worth it unless you are saving a fair bit compared to ebay I have found.

If you are buying singles, you need to get s list going and combine the shipping.

I’ve found that it only works in your favor if shipping 5+ cards.

If you deposit money in Noppin to make a bid, but you don’t win, can you withdraw your money once more?

Yes :blush:
I use noppin because of the 3x multiplier.
Say I deposit 2000 JPY, I can bid upto 6000 JPY. It’s good to be a little versatile when it comes to auctions that way, so if you have 2 things you want to bid on, you can. If you don’t win anything you can always request for your deposit to be refunded and they usually do within 1 business day.

I love Buyee:
Pro: no deposit, if I win an item I can pay it later (1day or 10 days it’s not a problem) and Snipe Bid (automatic bid 5 minutes before the end of the auction).
Not very good: you can’t bid if the seller has low feedback or too much negative feedback.

1 Like

No, Buyee update his website and from about 6 month you can’t modify the price of the invoice but you can mark the pack as Gift.
I’ve always paid customs when I receive packs from Buyee. (22% of the declared value)

Yes, as Simon said :sunglasses: they mark the package for its full value. They do allow for you to select a non-commercial invoice, but I don’t know what that means for import duties.

1 Like

Imo snipe is pretty pointless especially if a seller has a auto extension on so if you just leave a snipe bid and go to sleep etc when a bid gets placed under 6 min it gets extended to 10 min and the other bidders have enough time to outbid you unless your lucky and they dont want to continue bidding.

Just a tip SMJ dont allow you to under value an item but what they do allow is if you arrange collection yourself which I regularly do for my packages through fedex I can put any custom value on the collection. In the UK we have loads of middle man shipping firms that offer courier services at a lower rate for example parcel2go.com so this has allowed me to save quite a lot in the past year in fees.

It’s so sad that go into TCG collecting after I went to Japan :confused:
do you know any other good japanese sides to buy cards ?

1 Like

まとめ is a nice addition. Sort of means “bulk”. i.e, キラまとめ would bring up some large lots of holos.

のみ means “only”. キラのみ would be “all holo, no crap”.

ダブりなし means “no duplicates”. Probably not as useful, but there you go.

旧裏面 means “old back”.

3 Likes

YJ newbee here. How do I check the condition. I want lemony fresh 10-worthy cards.

1 Like