When you first started collecting, what was the best card you pulled?

For me, it was a reverse holo charizard from evolutions. I have no idea where it is tho :frowning:

1 Like

This is the actual card. I had managed to pull both the holo and non holo. Sadly Rocket was the only legit pack (non bootleg) I ever came across when the hobby first came to my home country.

Cheers!

3 Likes

When I got back into collecting in 2018 I had a few 1st edition Neo Destiny packs from my childhood and I pulled a Shining Celebi. In hindsight it was probably stupid to open those packs, but pulling a shining was pretty crazy! Haha

2 Likes

I was hooked from the start. My parents randomly bought me a base set pack while on vacation. I had never seen Pokémon cards before. Pulled a Gyarados and thought it was just the coolest thing.

1 Like

3 Likes

(3rd time trying to reply thanks to my trash internet)

I’ve got loads still unclaimed - starting from 7 years ago

My 1st pack upon getting back into cards, that was to decide if I would keep it up, turned out to be a Rainbow rare Rose from Darkness Ablaze out of a single pack blister I picked up randomly from Wal-Mart. Not a crazy card by any stretch, but after being out of it since Fossil, it was quite a hit!

1 Like

1st Edition Neo Gen T17

Didn’t know it was expensive, so I just put it in a box of loose cards for two years until I graded my first cards. When I saw it, not one print line, but was scuffed from moving aorund in the box here in there. Got an 8 in the end :melting_face:

1 Like

On my first fling back with Pokémon I bought a binder & 3 pack blister of Noble Victories (I think) and pulled the full art N. Banger card

1 Like

Shining Gyarados, traded it for an unown N

1 Like

Torchic gold star back in 2011 or so, which I promptly sold for about 40 bucks lol

1 Like

4 Likes

I bought a base unlimited pack on eBay in 2018 and pulled a Blastoise then discovered Evolutions which was way cheaper and opened tons trying to complete that set.

1 Like

Base Set 2 Charizard, March year 2000.

1 Like

From my first ever pack i pulled an Alakazam from base set then a bit later pulled a rockets mewtwo ex right before i stopped collecting cards as a kid. Looking back now my luck as a kid with packs was genuinely awful though most of the holos i had were traded for by being a bit savvy.

1 Like

I pulled an Unlimited Base Charizard…but not for myself. RIP.

I remember pulling the Articuno and Aerodactyl from Fossil together.

Not much else comes to mind.

Not the best card, but I think the card most burnt into my memory is a Poliwhirl lmao. The card was so blue and I was standing in the ghost story section of the bookshop.

1 Like

Pulled base set Charizard - excitedly ran up to my mum to show her and she could not have given less of a shit.

1 Like

That would be my Shining Kabutops I pulled when I was a kid. I bought two packs of Neo Destiny and Neo Revelation at the convenience store with my allowance and got Ho-Oh and Kabutops in each. Still very special to me, I made sure to keep them safe until I graded them in 2020.

3 Likes

Base set unlimited venusaur but I ended up trading it for some dbz cards :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Base set Charizard as a kid!! I recently found a bunch of my childhood cards and assembled them in a binder. When I got back into collecting around 2012 I pulled a Charizard gold star from a loose pack lot.

1 Like