What's your most Recent Purchase? [Archive]

Interesting thread on this subject.

2 Likes

Not collecting all you say? Trade me the Business Suit Pika then :sweat_smile::joy:

Love that Coro Eevee! Very nice pickups

1 Like

It’s a gorgeous card

1 Like

I’m genuinely curious how the Play! series cards are going to (forgive me for using stonkbro terms) perform. Are they really worth the hype?

Woohoo! :man_surfing:t4: :call_me_hand:t3:

40 Likes

017/DPt-P Drifblim FB

This card was awarded to the winner of the in-store competitions to commemorate the release of Beat of the Frontier expansion (released in English as Supreme Victors) in March 2009.

Not only is this a huge purchase for me, this card signifies a lot of firsts in my collection journey. This was my first ever Ebay auction purchase and my first ever graded card. My first time holding a PSA slab and finally my first time cracking open a slab.

This card also helped me realize to not get caught up in my ways of trying to purchase cards in the hobby. I always thought the cheapest way to buy Japanese cards is from the Japanese secondary market. With this card, I realized it might not always be the case. It was probably desperation which led me to look at Ebay since I was searching this card for 2 years and had never seen this for sale on Mercari JP or Yahoo JP Auctions. With this card, I ended up paying more for shipping and taxes than for the card itself after winning this auction. I was actually surprised how low I managed to get this card for, since it is a very obscure card with a fairly limited distribution, but it also helps that not many people know about it.

Very happy to have finally found this, it was long overdue. And tbh, it looked pretty sweet as a graded card on my shelf for a few days. But I like it better in my binder.

Cheers!

P.S. Do I have to or is there a way to inform PSA about a cracked slab? Just to fix the pop for the card?

30 Likes

Congratulations! If you send the label to PSA, even anonymously, they will deduct the pop report. I would keep pictures of it cracked though, I’ve heard some people have had to follow-up via email.

1 Like

Vey pleased with my latest pickup :grinning:

57 Likes

7 Likes

Wow!! Big congrats!

2 Likes

Bought this for $150, might crack for binder

25 Likes

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge, congrats!!!

2 Likes

Mimic Girl 024/L-P

Went to a Pokemon Convention today and scored my first ever trade!! It was a bit nerve racking and also too many intrusive thoughts in my head on whether or not it is a good deal. Having thoughts of value and fair trade etc, but in the end, I was happy. I got a card which I did not have, and the fact that I did not have to spend money on it was refreshing. I traded cards which I could spare and expand my collection. Not being a native speaker at the convention has its challenges but it is a motivation to get better at speaking and understanding.

Also fun fact, this card belongs to a fellow E4 member @thymeee whom I met at the convention. After my trade was done and we were discussing, he told me that this was his card that he had traded to close a deal. Talk about co-incidence. Meeting thymeee and his friend was a delight and one of the best moments of the day for me. I learnt a lot just by talking to him. He shared some of his tips and also a bit of his trading thought process. Looking forward to attending some more events.

Cheers!

30 Likes

Sounds like a great time, congratulations on the nice card! It’s such a different experience to make a trade on-the-spot, I think we get so spoiled being able to sit around and research, check auction sites rigorously for sold listings, etc. I recently made an in-person trade and it was refreshing to have that organic experience again.

3 Likes

I think I overpaid for this but I definitely have to snatch this up. Too rare of a card to let go considering how rare unlimited XY cards are.

27 Likes

OMG! If you don’t mind, how much did you pay for it? I’ve only seen 1 raw copy come up in a long time and sadly that one got a 9 for me.

2 Likes

Unlimited XY don’t get enough love

3 Likes

Somewhere in the last week of March 2023, two vintage bb’s added to my collection

Eevee I won in a small Facebook auction, and Jolteon traveled all the way from Japan, this is such a pure Jolte-art! Such a caring little baby. Jolteon deserves more love!

14 Likes

Speaking of UED XY, this one came in today. Have a xy8 houndoom lost in transit, RIP.

12 Likes