What's your most Recent Purchase? [Archive]

This is a strange lookin" Flareon!

3 Likes

Dang aron was in a lot of ex sets!

3 Likes

Kinebuchi :heart_eyes_cat:

22 Likes

As a kid trainers were lame, now they are some of my favorite cards to look at in base set! Such a time capsule!

19 Likes

Scott has officially reached nirvana.

5 Likes

That’s a great way to describe them, I feel the same way! They instantly take you places.

3 Likes

Today I bought this:

• Delibird (Awakening Legends) :jp:
  • Lance’s Dragonite 100/141 (Pokémon VS - 1st Edition) :jp:
  • Snorlax 27/64 (Jungle - Unlimited) :es:

22 Likes

Or is true enlightenment seeing value in full art waifus?
:person_in_lotus_position:
…Nope.

1 Like

First time cracking a slab, luckily everything went smoothly :sweat_smile:

27 Likes

9 due to fading?

1 Like

Nope, it just had a little bit of whitening on the back! European cards always had lighter borders compared to English during that time so they might look sun-faded :slight_smile:
(also my camera sucks)

I found a good comparison here:

15 Likes

Working on picking up some minty, low pop slabs to balance my binder collection. Kabutops and Scyther are two of my favorite Pokemon. Swords for hands? Come on. Surprising to me that PSA 10 Japanese copies go for about ~$200, which is affordable IMO. Also wild that 1st edition English PSA 9 Pichu goes for $300, while the last PSA 10 sold for $20k. 66X is an insane multiple.

Also picked up my first vending machine and Komiya card today - excited to start a new binder!

22 Likes

Those Euro versions look SO NICE! :star_struck:

1 Like

Some recent additions to our cube :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Finally obtained my grail card! → PSA 10 Art Academy Suit Pikachu.

55 Likes

wow I hadn’t seen this one before and now I’m obsessed

1 Like

I’ve accepted I will never own a Snap card but, I can sit and enjoy pictures of pokemon that could have been picked!

16 Likes

14 Likes

Two recent pickups… I’ve seen a few collections here of the Gameboy Promo set (and absolutely love them). These two I feel should be part of the wider GB set, almost like the Red/Green and Vending maybe.

Most probably already know this - but they are two of the three GB Trading Card Game exclusive cards that actually later made it into real cards (along with the GB Dragonite).

Very affordable, but vintage and a cool history!

24 Likes

I absolutely agree. Would have been really cool to have these cards with a GB symbol and later reprinted in the WEB expansion as is. Really great pickups. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

2 Likes