What is your LEAST favorite card of your favorite pokemon?

21 Likes

4 Likes

@ascendedbidoof 10/10 attack though.

2 Likes

Honestly I really like all of the Ampharos artworks, but I think this one is probably the weakest in my opinion.

1 Like

This has got to go down in history as how NOT to do movie card tie ins.

8 Likes

I think this belongs in the Unpopular Opinion thread, haha!

6 Likes

6 Likes

Crobat has some awesome artworks but this one is atrocious. The CGI art style, derpy buck-toothed facial expression and pretty generic background make me really disappointed with this one. I am genuinely upset that I had to buy this card in order to complete my binder set of Theater Limited VS pack cards.

9 Likes

I have no idea what this guy does or why the artist made it look very intense but the card is just way too zoomed in

This one doesn’t even look like a Sandshrew. I like the art style itself just not how the Pokemon is drawn

1 Like

Blaziken has sadly fallen victim to the dreaded Ken Sugimori stock art with weird blur effect. Compared to Blaziken 3/109 from Ruby and Sapphire, there’s no contest.

I’m also not a huge fan of this Blaziken. A lot of Blaziken cards are very dynamic and this just feels odd. Is he blocking an attack? Is he charging an energy beam? Why is Blaziken so shiny? It’s cool that the card is set in a stadium, but it feels way too close to Blaziken’s face.

9 Likes

26 Likes

Don’t like this at all

This one is even worse, cgi gengar does NOT work at all

Deoxys unfortunately got hit with the gen 4 cgi bs

3 Likes

That charizard is terrifying; it looks like a hairless wrinkled old man holy cow

3 Likes

While I completely get where you’re coming from but I have to kindly disagree. Put into context, CGI Fossil Gengar absolutely works. I’m not saying it would have trumped a more traditional media style, but Gengar is one of the few gen 1 Pokemon that works well with the earlier primitive 3D software…so I give my kudos to Creatures/PCL and whoever else is involved for diversifying the art styles of the earlier sets and also major kudos to Keiji Kinebuchi for all of his 3D work in the card game, including the OG energy symbols.

9 Likes

The Detective Charizard GX is my favorite Charizard. I’ve never seen the film, but I have always wondered what Pokémon would look like in our world—I think they nailed it.

2 Likes

Maybe looking at them side-by-side will help?

1 Like

Now that I’ve seen it I am deeply upset.

1 Like

There isn’t really a really bad Pikachu art in my opinion, but if I had to choose it would probably be this Pikachu Libre - I think they could have done better for something that likely won’t get another chance at a better art

4 Likes

Not even that bad but fortunately it’s because there’s not really a bad Lopunny art

8 Likes

Worst so far for Suicune:

Nice forehead, Umbreon:

Defense forme is so tired, and the least good:

Good mix of image sizes here.

6 Likes