What do you wish you never sold?

I regret selling off sealed Neo Genesis packs for £12 each in around 2018… but I guess I needed the money at the time. Wish I kept one though

my evolving skies boxes lol

1 Like

My childhood Pokemon cards.

5 Likes

I gave mine to my cousins when I was too cool for pokemon. Years later when I lost my cool, I started collecting again. When I asked my Aunt about my old cards she told me how she threw them away…

My favorite Rocket’s Mewtwo ex now sits in some landfill. Probably decomposed to tiny bits and pieces.

2 Likes

Sold my psa 10 279 battle festa pika for 300 bucks

You been taking abuse on that one ever since

1 Like

In 2018 I sold a PSA 10 Japanese Shining Charizard to help my wife and I get a jump start after we got married. In the end the money really helped us, but it still hurts a bit. :sweat_smile:

Self inflicted

I sold a collection of 8 Poncho eevee’s PSA10 a few years ago for around 250€ :upside_down_face:

Kind of surprised you sold those because of how into promos you are, but I hope you can have a good time getting them back if you ever decide to :slightly_smiling_face:

I thought of this story of yours the second I saw this thread :sob:

That’s why it’s such a big regret. :pensive:

At the time, I had been collecting really ambitiously with no specific goals. My collection was really big and varied and I was feeling spread a little thin, like I’d tried to assemble too much too fast.

What I thought was I should move on from a completed goal to help realize another goal. I hadn’t really learned that some things you might never get back. This was still in the early 2010s abundance era where almost everything was available all the time, and cheaply, so it didn’t feel like a huge sacrifice.

But by 2016 the market had its major revival from Pokémon Go and things changed very quickly. Lesson learned.

Nowadays my collection has much more identity and focus it’s sad that the liquidation I regret most would fit perfectly in it.

I think I sold this lot for maybe $300 at one point. I can’t remember if I had started grading cards yet or was just binder collecting at the time, but I wish I had held on to them

5 Likes

Well at least there is that silver lining. Live and learn.

1 Like

1st Edition Base PSA 10 Mewtwo, & 1st Edition PSA 10 Fossil Dragonite in 2019 :melting_face:

1 Like

My 1st ed psa 10 lugia neo genesis for ~2400usd, sold later on auction for 129k :melting_face:

3 Likes

It’s amazing how many of these regrets are 2014-2018 JP promos. How many people thought they’d do 1/4 of what they’ve done?

What I said to myself in 2019. “Maybe I’ll invest in a Scream Pikachu. It might be a $200 card someday”.

1 Like

Yeah… that fk’n hurts. When did you sell yours?

psa 10 cards:
1st ed Lugia neo genesis for 2,4k
mario pikachu for 250
festa pikachu for 200
master scroll for 3600
complete japanese neo shining set (including magicarp+gyarados) for 4,5k
etc etc…

However many of the cards has found their way back to me, and thats just the thing. Certain cards comes and goes and you may loose out right before a spike but as long as you stay in the market it doesn’t matter in the long run. Other cards you pick up for the funds goes up aswell. As for instance, my coro coro mew I picked up for $200 is now a 3-4k card and I wouldn’t even sell it for 10k.
It easy to get stuck in the past and have price memory, but just move on and keep collecting the cards you truely enjoy and like, as they will probably stay in your collection longer. That way, dips and spikes won’t even matter.

3 Likes

My Mario and Luigi Pikachu boxes. Aquired them early and sold them for a really good value to help pay for my wedding/honeymoon so I don’t really regret the sale; just miss having them in the collection

1 Like