What is 1 card you’ve always wanted but got priced out of?

For me personally it’s Festa 2016

I’ve always wanted the card and I was like there’s so many out there, I will be able to get it once I finish other sections of my collection and boom now it’s nearing 5 digits in PSA 10

17 Likes

:wink:

8 Likes

4th print base set Charizard in psa 10. Definitely not getting that now.

4 Likes

Don’t really have a specific card as I’m very patient for the cards I truly want, but I would say I got priced out of PSA 10s as a whole for the more vintage cards I enjoy.

3 Likes

9 Likes

yea those went brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 Like

Skyridge charizard in a high grade. I have a few but the English Holo is just nuts.

3 Likes

For sure trophy kang

16 Likes

Fan club Magikarp! Hopefully one day I’ll be able to trade for a copy :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Uni karp – I remember it being dirt cheap (comparatively) in middle school :-/

5 Likes

Usually my brain just goes in “yeah you don’t really like that card so much to spend xxxx $” mode. So copium kinda protect me lol. Also I don’t really have a dream card, since a tend to chase cards one at a time.

If I had to choose one, right now is this (not crazy expensive but can’t afford):

Such a strange card to get fixated: a lot of cheap reprints (holo too), I don’t even like collecting trainers and Bebe is the most forgotten waifu of the whole franchise lol
But I really don’t know why, I feel fascinated by this card, that cosmo holo just seems better and really complements a dreamy card that give me chilling vibes.

10 Likes

15 Likes

Happy but also sad. The televikun pichu design contest is a card that I’ve been looking at for a couple years and was excited initially when they were going on PWCC as maybe it was possible if people didn’t know about them much. But I was proven very wrong from the get go and I think will be priced out for a long time. I feel like I would take a beaten up copy in the future but as long as I could afford it.

4 Likes

This one and Festa 2016

6 Likes

Maybe someday

8 Likes

I have this one in a PSA 6 and am just glad to have it. Similarly I’ve always wanted Cynthia’s Feelings and would take a thrashed one. Last one I saw that even made me blink at buying was one on Buyee a few years back for $ 2500

5 Likes

Still have the small hope of finding a trashed one someday for a couple thousands, but PSA 9s / 10s are out of range :smiling_face_with_tear: also remember the 2.5k one from buyee, I should’ve bought it

5 Likes

Neo Destiny 1st Ed BB :cry:

2 Likes

Cynthia is also my chase card :frowning: too hard to get

2 Likes

It’s really hard to pick one.

There are so many cards I passed up in the 2010s because they were outside my goals. But the thing that kills me is having balked at how expensive certain cards were in that era.

“Imagine paying $1,000 for a Pokémon card. Ridiculous. You’d have to be diseased in the soul.” Now those cards are $13,000 and I can safely say I will never spend that much on a Pokémon card. Back then, the difference with the old prices was I wouldn’t spend that much money on the hobby. Now with the new prices it’s just not possible and will never be.

But if I could go back? I’d buy all those cards I balked at and then some.

13 Likes