What do you wish you never sold?

Ok here it is what’s the one thing you wish you never sold. It can be for whatever reason, rise in value, rarity/scarcity, etc.

Here’s mine PSA 7 pichu expedition reverse Miscut with alignment dot. And the worst part is that I bought it off PWCC using their $100 credit they gave everyone a while back for like $48 bucks. Anything Miscut from e-series is so hard to get. Bright side I didn’t sell it for nothing I got what I feel was fair

8 Likes

I sold a double of this for $175 in May 2020. Then it shot up to thousands of dollars.

16 Likes

My raw Umbreon Vmax Alt Art Evolving Skies 1 years ago for around 220$ :sob:

6 Likes

Pikachu victory ring in shield in 2020 or 2021 idr … :sob::sob:

5 Likes

I used to have every distribution of WotC promos in their intact League-ready packaging. I really enjoyed these. Bricks of 25, packs of 8, etc. I don’t know. They were cool. And it felt like I had assembled and documented all this old rare stuff and now I got to keep it safe.

I sold them to focus on different things. In my naivety, I assumed they would be bought by other promo collectors or people interested in sealed product. Towards the end of the sales I learned that people were buying them to open and send to PSA, which low key devastated me. Now all those packs I was protecting are gone and are just more PSA 9 junk slabs.

Sometimes I see listings for those different packages and think about trying to collect them all again. But I get sad thinking it will not be possible like it once was. I think part of me wants to feel like there’s no hope so that I never start and get let down.

14 Likes
  • Bought a mint Shining Charizard from Neo Destiny (Unlimited) for $120 that I then flipped for $260 a week later back in early 2019. Probably would have graded a 9. Oh well.
  • The first Pokemon card I ever purchased when I re-entered the hobby in early 2017: a PSA 9 No Symbol Jungle Kangaskhan.
  • Sold a PSA 9 1st Ed. Typhlosion 17 for $750 the week before prices skyrocketed into the thousands (to be fair, my price was a record at the time).

Otherwise, I try not to get too bogged down in what I shouldn’t have sold.

1 Like

A nm-nm+ gold star charizard. I had taken a friend collection to sell at a show and once my commission was calculated it ended up being same price as the gold star zard which I ended up selling too cause I was money hungry at the time. Had I played the grade game I could’ve kept it for myself or made probably 2-3x what I sold it for for the guy. My commission literally ended up being the price I sold the zard for :face_with_spiral_eyes::tired_face:

Definitely my PSA 10 090 XY Festa Pikachu! I still think about buying another one. I listed it pretty high and the buyer accepted so what can you do. Idek why i listed it to be honest

Sealed rock garden theme deck. When I first started my deck collection journey, I had picked up a sealed and unsealed for $50. I couldnt fathom Id need a sealed version so I priced it at $100 and sold it quickly. A shop near me had a few sealed for $150 which I thought was crazy but that I could always find them if needed. Then the boom happened and the shop went out of business because the pandemic and now here I am kicking myself and getting ready to spend $300 for a sealed copy to get closer to completing my sealed deck collection.

I know it isnt as crazy high value as some but its really annoying and frustrating to have to buy something again that you already had. I dont even actually need a sealed deck collection but since around 80-85% of what I have gathered are sealed decks, it just would fit better in the collection.

1 Like

I restructured my collection back in 2016 and sold a lot of cards which I thought I wouldn’t want to collect in the future. Big mistake.

Probably the biggest regret out of the cards I sold was a PSA 10 Milotic ex from Emerald. Sold it for $220 and while I am not up to date on the market, it’s probably a $10k card or above now.

6 Likes

My white partyhat in 2014 on Runescape 2.

Oh Pokemon…Maybe my spare Luigi Pikachu Box and my spare PSA 10 Power Keepers Charizard Holo right before the boom.

5 Likes

My PSA 10 victory ring. Was the non holo version and at the time (around 2016) it was dirt cheap. Picksd up the raw copy for £50 and sold it for like £150 a while later as it didnt fit with my collection. Looking back it is likely the only time ill ever have a trophy card of any kind which makes me kinda sad.

4 Likes

Psa 10 base Charizard

I did a collection purge in 2018 when I sold nearly everything I had picked up the past few years prior. They were all set cards so nothing to crazy, but I remember it being thousands of shadowless cards and a hundred or so LP-NM holos. Sold it all to some guy in Australia for like $300. While tracking said it arrived he filed a Paypal claim which I lost and didn’t fight because I was too upset about it all at the time and just wanted everything gone.

Wish I had just put the stuff in a closet and forgotten about it, but that’s life!

2 Likes

I had hoarded a good amount of mewtwo, machamp and gyarados evo staff promos. I got good value for them for what I had bought for, but man, I kick myself for selling them. I only have one Machamp left that I will refuse to sell

1 Like

I wish I never sold my SJC Yugioh Cards. I had 2-3x of every SJC Prize Card in 2015/2016 and… I’d have $500k ezpz in 2020 but I sold them for $1-3k each back then.

2 Likes

Uh lets see…

PSA10 complete poncho collection for like $700
Countless sets of Mario/Luigi Pikachu PSA 10 for what feels like pennies now
PSA10 complete scream collection
However many copies of PSA 10 20th Festa Pika
PSA10 20th Pikachu, Mew & Mewtwo
PSA 10 1st ed Venusaur for $1200
PSA10 Base set zard
Oh Rocket case for $450 and a pair of the promos in PSA10 for like $400

I was looking to buy a house in those years (2017-20) and sold all of these way before the pandemic spike. Few more years of patience would have done wonders, but still achieved my goal so it was worth it (my wife says). ALWAYS save one copy for yourself of readily available cards you want, I wish I did.

3 Likes

I still miss my green phat from back in the day…

4 Likes

Japanese E-series that I’m recovering now: split earth flareon, pikachu & charmander mcdonalds, expedition mew and mewtwo.

None of the prices have changed but it hurt to let go so I know how you guys feel. But the difference in price in this thread is some Hide the Pain Harold level stuff

Ah a man of culture. Miss the RuneScape days

4 Likes