What is the one sale you regret the most?

I have sold a lot of cards over the years, some that were double the price 6 months later and some that were even 5 or 6x the price a year later. We all know that feeling. But what is the 1 sale you regret the most?

For me it’s an English Sigilyph Secret Rare PSA 10 that I sold. It’s one of my favourite cards from the Black and White era and is one of my favourite cards of all time as well. I sold it in a moment of need for money, and it’s the only card I think back on and just wish I had kept.

4 Likes

My venusaur no Raritan which I sold in big need for rent monies… WHICH IS RETURING TO ME SOON… Thankfully he didn’t grade it yet. But also… My 1st ed blastoise psa 10 for 900usd. Which is now selling at 1975-2,000usd at last 2 auctions, and it was only a mear 7-8 months ago that it was 900usd. :sob: and den dere is charizard which could have been traded for no Raritan charizard instead of all the crazyness that followed… But I got day dam no Raritan charizard of my wildest dreams for my legacyington… Though it was awesome what followed… Because I got dem gold stars and they got 10s, and den now dere gone!!!
(/•ิ_•ิ)/ emergerd. So many manies.
And biggest of all… My entire collection which was auctioned off recently… Could have been handled better, and I probably could have kept all dem old school ex I worked so hard to get and as four star would say… Searched the Pakistani mountains for deese… if I divised a better plan with patients… But overall I know I will get them back ones day, and the sacrifice was well worth it hehehehehe.

It has a been a grand journey of so much fun and some sorrow, that ultimately has made me into the burning intellectual soul of magical fire you see here today. If I never came to this forum and met all deese peeps… I don’t tink this would have ever happened… (ಥ_ಥ) the feels guys. I love you all and I must sleep soon.

3 Likes

Selling multiple LC boxes in the $500- $600 range… :slightly_frowning_face:

Most regrettable non purchase → passing on cases of WOTC boxes 3 years ago because we were a few hundred dollars off. Also a Shadowless zard a few years ago when they were sub 1k. This directly cost me a lot.

1 Like

I sold a PSA 10 English full art Dialga EX (the full silver one from Phantom Forces) for about $95 coming up on two years ago. I love that card and I totally wish I could have it back. Thankfully I don’t do too many sales so I don’t have many regrets!

2 Likes

I don’t really have any that I regret per se, but there are a couple that sting a little bit. I’ll go with the one that stings the most.

I sold a PSA 9 first edition zard last year at $980 or something like that. It helps that I got that in a large purchase along with a ton of other graded and raw cards for $1200 or so and basically broke even after just selling 3 of them. Still stings a little knowing what I could get today, about a year later now.

1 Like

The fiery burn of 1st ed shadowless rising the way it did in the last 8-12 months… The but hurt… (ಥ_ಥ)

A few months ago I sold a PSA 10 1st Edition Base Set Lass to someone who was close to finishing their set. I sold it for $200. To this day I wish I had sold it for more or just kept it. I had an offer three times that much later the same night.

2 Likes

Ugh…

Definitely selling my mint Korean Lottery Promo FA Rayquaza/Giratina that were in the original paperwork…

Needed money at the time, and the offer was too good :slightly_frowning_face:

https://instagram.com/p/1jGEuyQFc-

3 Likes

My ENTIRE Childhood Collection. I sold it when I was 16 Years old. Brings tears to my eyes. All just to buy a Playstation 3 off Ebay. :sob:

5 Likes

Only card I barely regret selling is PSA 10 EX Holon Phantoms Pikachu gold star. Got the raw card for very good price and forwarded it for premium, still miss that bastard sometimes.

2 Likes

I appreciate you selling it and it’s still with me. I completed that set thanks to you.

5 Likes

I tend to hang onto my stuff for a long time, the only sale I often wish I could take back would be a played condition 1st edition base set charizard, they’re hard to come by in Australia in any condition

2 Likes

1st edition base set for not a lot of money. I have since realised that even psa 5 charizards alone are worth more than I got for the whole set. The uncommons and commons were mint too! Silly me. Never mind though…used th emoney toward finishing my goals at the time.

4 Likes

My first shining mew card before I got into psa grading, easily would have scored a 10… Sold for £40 though which I guess wasn’t bad for the raw card but I still haven’t got one back in as decent condition and haven’t got the psa 10 either :slightly_frowning_face: I haven’t collected for anywhere near as long as some of you so luckily I don’t have the woes of selling 1st ed base for cheap haha.

2 Likes

When I sold a Legendary Collection RH set… I knew I’d never see another mint set again. Everything was pack-fresh. :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

Prick, I did the same for a PS2 when I was 12.

Dies**

1 Like

I’ve said it before… But I sold 2 complete 1st edition English base sets for under $660 aud each on two separate occassions.

It was when I first got ebay. And I didn’t know how to set international postage/bidding. So only local people bidded a lot I advertised on ebay which had a base unl + shadowless + 1st edition base set complete mint-nm for $660aud… Three sets in one lot hahaha.

I felt obliged to follow through with the deal honestly. And did so.

Potentially lost… 2…3…5-7+ grand if they graded well…

5 Likes

i regret selling my 1st Edition Base Set Charizard. i bought it for £90 when i was 14 and sold it few months after that for £160ish. Now im 25 and i kick myself for selling it.

It still have this picture of it:

9 Likes

Possibly not. Still regret it though.

I’ll buy yours for 200. :stuck_out_tongue: lol

wait a minute… you didnt get this as a kid did you… because they virtually non existant in straya, as we didnt get 1st edition… or did we dun dun dun dun…