What have you sold that you wish you hung onto?

We’ve all sold something that we later kicked ourselves over… share here :blush:

I bought 6 Japanese split earth first ed packs for $10 each like 1.5 years ago. Opened four and sold two, wish I kept all of them sealed. And I regret selling the booster packs I didn’t open from my team rocket first ed box because prices have risen.

Other than that, everything I’v sold has kind of led my collection to where it is now and I wouldn’t change it :blush:

1 Like

I got back into the hobby hard in the D/P/Pt days, bought so many booster boxes to break and sold cards piece by piece, accumulated a few master sets, sold everything from that era to fund University living, didn’t mind because I was such a WOTC fanboy, but damn the nostalgia from that era snuck up on me quickly and I regret selling it all.

I’ll probably re-buy sets once I’ve finished the bulk of my current goals, thankfully they ain’t too expensive…yet!

1 Like

Not Pokémon, but a 1st edition, first print run YuGiOh Legend of Blue Eyes sealed Booster box. Sold it at $900 which was pretty good at the time, but some are selling for a few thousand now

3 Likes
  • PSA 9 Trophy Kangaskhan
  • PSA 9 University Magikarp

:slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

I was born in 1993 so I grew up with the Pokemon craze. I collected, played the games, watched the anime. I stopped around 2005.

In 2012, I had some money and bought these items:

Base set booster box
3 1st edition base set packs
10 Shadowless packs

These were some of my favorite items. I sold them in 2013.

Skip to end of 2017 and jumped back in. This time I’m not selling.

2 Likes

I had a collection of who knows what back in 2000. I sold it on eBay then and I wish I at least knew what was in there

Selling my yellow Gameboy color with Pokemon Yellow to a pawn shop few days after receiving them as gift from my aunt.

I went to the mall and bought some pants with the $50 or so I got from the sale. :grimacing:

Far from my worst life mistake, but it’s something I regret to this day… I would totally be playing it right now. Lol

2 Likes

I don’t think about it too often, I’ve not really sold anything that I couldn’t just acquire again. I’ve sold a lot that has increased substantially from the time I sold it, but selling those things always felt like the right choice at the time and often paid for other things that have in turn appreciated anyway, I don’t really think of it as money lost or anything.

7 Likes

Mine is not pokemon related but I regretted selling my bgs 9 Mox sapphire collectors edition a year or two back.
Now I would have to pay at least 2.5-3 times the price to get the card back.And that if they even show up.
But thats life, you wont always make the right move. But you can always learn from it!

2 Likes

Hindsight is always 20-20. As stated above, there were points in my collecting career, where I’ve sold different pieces to either fund different pieces in my collection or to help relieve myself of negative fixtures from it. As much as I loved certain pieces, I also know when it is time to let things go and move onto something else. I’m in it for the fun and for positive interactions now, not always about having the coolest or best pieces anymore.

1 Like

I sold a raw 1st edition base set Italian Charizard for $60 a couple years ago… wish I would’ve got it graded and kept it…

English Charizard Gold Star. Sold it at 2010 or 2011. Biggest regret ever now years after :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Luckily I’m not much of seller, but looking back I would rather have not sold various Japanese booster packs and a Shining Mewtwo. Most of my regrets are from not having bought something.

Not much of a seller (although I still have a lot of stuff laying around I should be selling…) I did regret buying a few things in the past (mainly two cards for 900 USD each, that were being sold for only 300 USD about a year later). And one trade I did as a kid that I regretted, was my Reverse Legendary Collection Moltres for an Ancient Mew.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

12 gem minty ex era EX cards i sold to a friend for his binder collection.
Tyranitar, Jolteon, Blastoise, Chansey, Mightyena and more… Man i wish i kept that for grading atleast.

1 Like

I am the same way, should go on the episode of hoarders lol… just kidding.

I did sell 3 shadowless packs of each art in PSA 10 condition for $900. I wish I had them and kept them. Ive decided to move away from any sealed product in my collection except 1st edition Team Rocket booster box.

That was nice of you, hopefully he ends up just grading them but probably not for binder collecting…

I think he sent three cards so far to psa; Hariyama ex, Mightyena ex & Chansey ex. All waiting for grades, lets hope for the best right?

1 Like

nothing, cause I don’t really sell. Apart from a few singles from recent sets of wich I had doubles anyway. So no regrets.