Some questions

What was the first card you ever sold and for how much? Where is that card today in terms of value? (Did you lose out by not waiting)

What was the card that opened the door for you to join this hobby as a serious collector and why did you come to pick that card?

Id like to know where everyone came from in terms of collecting. If this is incorrect ill make the necessary changes.

Thank you

The first cards I got I graded and sold were japanese promos for astronomical prices on TV and they aren’t near that value anymore.

4 Likes

I collected quite a bit back around 2009-2011 era. I got into pokemon pearl and when Platinum and B/W came out i really got into it again. Wish I wouldv’e stuck with it. Every single sale I’ve made from that time up until 2017 I’ve regretted lol. Some more notable ones are a PSA 8.5 Base Set 1st Ed. Charizard I sold in 2015 I want to say. Sold for $650 lol. Also sold a complete set of Platinum reverse shinies for like $20. At that point in time I had most secret rares from rocket through Call of Legends. But for sets I only collected unlimited versions.

As for the best decision, selling everything I had to buy 1st edition base, jungle and fossil complete sets before the big boom! It has been a wild ride! I hope to get that Charizard back some day. Someone on here may have it after all! It was my first 1st ed base charizard and I picked it up around 2009 for $24.70 from someone who sold me a 1ed instead of a unlimited lol.

1 Like

I salute you Gary! I know you also have other cards that youre glad you didnt sell :rofl:

Unbelievable, dont regret that, at the time im sure it was worth it for you. The 2009 era is just a sweet dream now. Even the 2016 era in a way :rofl:

Sometimes it pays off being an incurable collector;)

1 Like

For sure! I had an old YouTube channel to go along with it. It was weird back then haha. Prices were cheap and the PokeTubing community would all trade singles between each other as TCBM’s. (Trade cards by mail). All trust based and people were wheeling and dealing for their collections rather than making money! It was a nice time to be in the hobby.

2 Likes

My first high en card was a Bandai Gate Guardian that I paid back in 2009 220 usd, and sold it in 2017 for 600 usd. And that card started it all for me into the high end world.

1 Like

My first card I sold was a base set 2 Charizard. It was from my childhood collection and I sold it because I was getting back into collecting and wanted money for first edition cards… I’ve never regretted selling something so much. I completely forgot who I sold it to, so there is no way of getting it back. I would pay a lot of money to have it back. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like