What are your 2023 collection goals?

Ok, lets see how I did on my 2022 goals and set some new ones for 2023!

I did pretty well on the goals I set, but didn’t meet all of them. I did not add many PSA 9/10 English ex to my collection this year, I am only at 54% complete so I missed out on that goal. Grading did open up and I did wonderfully on my PSA 10 Japanese BW EX and Lv. X set goals. I haven’t been able to find a mint Heatran or Virizion EX SR, but beyond that I have every other card either in PSA 9, 10, or in mint gradable condition. Thanks to PSA opening up and getting through orders quickly this year, I was able to get 70% of the BW EX SR set in PSA 10. I also got to 78% of the Lv. X set in PSA 10, I really only have 2-3 more cards that I don’t have in PSA 9 or mint ungraded condition for that set as well. So I effectively met my goal, but not in mint gradable condition, but PSA 10! For the Japanese UR set, my PSA returns were excellent and I’m now at 50% of all UR cards in PSA 10.

Beyond that, PSA opening up was awesome and I graded all the cards I wanted to and more!

I also managed to meet 2/3 of my stretch goals. I obtained four English BW EX PSA 10s (Genesect, Entei, Raikou, and Dialga). I’m especially happy with the Entei and Raikou as these are very rare and expensive cards! I was able to get the BW-P Lottery Rayquaza and Giratina EX Full Arts, and both graded PSA 7 which I was very satisfied with. It’s been a dream to get these cards so I’m incredibly happy to finally get them.

For my side goals, I’m at 47% of the Japanese delta species regular holos in PSA 10, and I’m slowly working on building up my XY Full Art, modern Special Art, and E-Series collections. I surprisingly bought a lot of E-Series this year and did very well at PSA with them, but I’m not sure if this is something I’ll keep working on or if I’ll just sell them to fund other goals.

Now, for my 2023 goals!!

I’m going to set myself a big goal and say that I want to complete both the PSA 10 Japanese set-based BW EX SR set the PSA 10 set-based Lv. X set. I think these are both doable with some work.

I also want to get to 65% on the English PSA 9/10 ex set. Definitely think this will be the main goal after I get Japanese DPt/BW done.

As for stretch goals, similar to last year, I want to add another 2-3 English BW EX PSA 10s to the collection and try for a PSA 10 Plasma Gale Charizard.

Looking forward to another exciting year of collecting! I think sometimes the most fun acquisitions are the ones you never saw coming, and I’m sure I’ll have several of those in 2023!

13 Likes