Goals for the Decade

2020 is here! It’s a new decade for collecting. Instead of looking a year out, let’s consider the next 10 years. What are your collection goals for the new roaring 20s?

Feel free to include items you may pursue or shift your focus away from. Consider how your life and purchasing power may change as well. Going back to college or starting a family? Modern may become a new passion for your kids.

Think it through, reflect and share where the 20s will take you!

18 Likes
  • Finish polishing off PSA 10 1st edition Base, Jungle, Fossil.
  • Finish putting together a complete near mint+ binder collection for all WOTC-era cards (minus legendary collection) as well as Japanese exclusive cards of that era, including promos.
  • Buy totally random cards that tickle my fancy for one reason or another.
4 Likes

My main goal is to complete binders for the original ex series. I’m younger than most so that was my WOTC when I was a little kid.

10 Likes

Now that’s a goal I can get behind.

8 Likes

Based on a set a month I think 2028 was my end date for master set completing every English set, so let’s aim for that for the decade!

I’d also like to purchase a 1st edition Zard, ideally a 10 (if I sell my company for a pretty penny), but most likely an 8/9.

That should be more than enough lol.

1 Like

2020 Goals:* Complete Exs from 2003/2007 in Gem Mint Condition: Got 59 so far. Complete Skyridge And Aquapolis ‘‘H’’ set in PSA10. Pick up a Fan Club Porygon PSA10.

Long term goals for the decade:* Grab some WOTC Booster Boxes; at least 1 or 2 per year. Slowly build a new man cave with proper lighting; and displays.

• List item 2

For right now, I’m looking to complete the following:

• Japanese binder collection up through end of e series
  • English binder collection up through Team Rocket
  • Japanese and English sealed booster collection up through e series
  • Japanese and English sealed theme decks up through Gym Challenge
  • Japanese Pokedex mini card set
  • Japanese mini-CD collection
2 Likes

Complete my base set master set :blush: the same every year and I move that little bit closer to completing :blush:

1 Like

all delta cards mint graded no print lines

2 Likes

Hopefully it doesn’t take a decade to collect the 53 Black Star Promo card set PSA 10 (holo/non holo) doesn’t matter. I currently have 6.

Also, obtain more PSA cards to fill my display cases!!

3 Likes

Thank you for posting the PSA Black Star Promo set. Also, thanks for providing the checklist as well. Very informative, educational and motivational.

Thank you for posting the PSA Black Star Promo set. Also, thanks for providing the checklist as well. Very informative, educational and motivational.

1 Like

All gradable Pichu cards in PSA 10 is my ongoing goal. I’m pretty content with my collection as it is, so I’ve also started branching out into foreign Pichu cards as well.

I’d love to own one of the Japanese sample set Pichus, but I’m guessing those won’t appear for sale again.

For future reference, I’m currently have 59/121 PSA 10s in my possession and (unless sales fall through) have 5 more incoming.

3 Likes

For the decade as far as my collection I’d like to complete my psa 10 1st ed. Holo set, modern worlds trophy set, exc…

I’d really like to move into the hobby as a full time or even part time career but I’m not sure at what level or where as of today without taking a huge cut in salary. For my own enjoyment at the very least by early next year I’d like to convert my workshop into a man cave/card warehouse.

3 Likes

My ultimate long-term goal is to complete every WOTC set from First base through Neo Destiny in PSA 10.

Finish every WOTC set in a binder collection in NM-MT condition.

I know this is not related to collecting, but I want to have fun, make memories, be successful, and hopefully start a family by the end of this decade! Can’t wait to see what this decade brings for everyone!!

4 Likes

Hoping to finish off my WOTC sets through to Legendary collection, with the only exception being 1st ed neo destiny. It’s gonna be tough, but slow and steady wins the race! Also considering the purchase of a fan club eevee and porygon, but that may or may not happen depending on allocation of funds.

Being a bit more specific, I hope to finish off my first edition base set collection with all PSA 8 or higher holos within the next year I hope and grab and grab a reverse legendary charizard as a PSA 9

1 Like

Complete PSA 9 1st Edition Base
Collect Every Rainbow Rare Ungraded NM+ from SM ERA
And that’s as far ahead as I’ve thought lol :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Complete in PSA 10:

• 1st Edition Jungle
  • 1st Edition Fossil

Complete in PSA 9:

• 1st Edition Base

And… buy any WOTC sealed boxes I can get my hands on. :blush:

2 Likes

I’d like to start a family and introduce my kid(s) to Pokemon :blush:

7 Likes

Finish off Neo Destiny Shining 1st Edition PSA 10s (2 down so far)
Pick up a Charizard Base 1st Edition (Any condition over PSA 5 will do)
Pick up any reasonably priced Fossil 1st Edition or Gym Challenge 1st Edition PSA 10 holos I find when I have funds
Enjoy my current collection and be thankful for it!

2 Likes