What are your 2022 Pokemon collecting goals?

My goals are pretty similar as last year overall.

But let’s start with a recap of how I did with what I mentioned in the 2021 thread:

I gave up on this. It’s just too hard and expensive to keep up, and I’m happy with my decision to collect Pikachu up to February 27th, 2021 (25th Pokémon Day) for all languages, and only all English Pikachu cards as well as the Base Set variations in all languages from that point onward. I also did pretty well with the Pikachu cards released prior to this date, since I’m missing just 10 out of 1433 right now, which was still 20 at the start of 2021.

Well, this is basically the same. It’s still complete, and I’d still like to keep it that way.

Apparently I was wrong, since a new Seviper was in the Chilling Reign set, but I do have all variations in all languages for it in my collection since about two months ago, so Seviper is still 100% complete.

I actually did both. :grin: But unfortunately it didn’t complete the collection, since I discovered Swedish (and possibly Danish) sealed variations exist for the Moltres WotC #21 promo, which is currently one of my biggest wants.

I added the PSA-10 South Korean Ancient Mew. I haven’t graded it myself though (for obvious reasons), but I was able to buy one for less than the current grading costs (125 USD including shipping/taxes), so pretty happy to complete the sixtet of PSA-10 Ancient Mew versions.

So yeah, my 2021 goals went very well looking back. :blush:

As for (hopefully) realistic goals for 2022:

1. Keep up with FA Supporter, Seviper, and English Pikachu releases
  2. Try to find the Swedish sealed Moltres
  3. Try to find the German/Spanish Surfing/Flying Pikachu promos (not too realistic in terms of rarity and availability, since I’ve only seen two each ever - but the only realistic Pikachu cards left in terms of prices from the ten missing, since the others are: one English Art Academy Pikachu; four Japanese Art Academy Pikachu; and the Japanese SNAP Photo Contest Pikachu.
  4. Try to find the bronze, silver, golden, and metallic blue Seviper figures and Seviper Amada stickers (and perhaps some other missing non-TCG Seviper stuff). Apart from one Chinese knockoff figure that’s sold out everywhere, those metal ones are the only Seviper figures I’m aware of that I’m still missing.

Greetz,
Quuador

7 Likes