Welcome to Elite Fourum Thread

Helloooo
I’m Grant
Fav pokemon: Haunter, Dragonite, Scizor, Togepi, Charmeleon and Steelix
Fav set: Skyridge

I grew up in the 90s collecting and trading cards with friends. The first holo I ever pulled was a polywrath base set 2. Around 2005 I ended up trading my entire childhood collection for some gamecube games because I was a dumb idiot. Although I was playing all the pokemon games, I stopped paying attention to the TCG until around 2011 when my friend got me back in. We made some decks and would battle all the time. At our local card shop, I still remember the card price for most holos was $3 (even for zards… insane!). After a while we just kind of stopped playing and then I got really into collecting records (so any disposable income went to that). I still kept all my cards in storage and then this last year, a couple of other friends started a thing where they play every monday so I got sucked in again. Been really enjoying it for the hobby and art. I ended up creating an Instagram where I animate my cards in 3D. It’s been a lot of fun and an artistic outlet I didn’t know I would love so much. I’ve already browsed a few threads here and so far my favorite are the hidden pokemon in artworks and the skyridge artwork thread.

Excited to dive deeeep into the artwork threads.

cheers

4 Likes