What Else Do You Collect?

We are all collectors at heart.
I thought it would be fun to tell the community what other types of collectibles you’re passionate about and knowledgable in. Plus, many times you come across something that youre unfamiliar with and maybe one of us could help.

So, without further ado, here’s some of my other passions. Keep in mind that I’m older than all of you so I’ve had more time to fall in love with stuff:)

In no specific order:

1. 1920s era science fiction pulp magazines.

2. MAD Magazine and related items.

3. Everything Dobie Gillis related.

4. U.S. 2.00 Bills

5. Magic (MTG) Cards

6. Baseball Error cards

7. Non Sports card sets.

8. Antique Slot Machines

7 Likes

Those pulps are awesome! #1 and #2?
I think you will like this (huge) thread:
boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8996046&fpart=1

I collect comic books from golden age 1930’s to Bronze age 1970’s

Right…I’ve upgraded conditions many times but am still dissatisfied with my #3 and my #1 Quarterly (winter 1928)

I’d love to see your golden and silver age some day:)

1 Like

I really like the covers on pulp magazines and have an affinity for space covers as well, I got this recently you might like the cover on this one sort of pulp flavour! - Spaceman #1 from 1953:

1 Like

You’re right. A real pulp feel.

1 Like

i always collected shit as a kid. Tazos, cards etc but now pretty much only actively collect pokemon cards

1 Like

Tazos?

Yup, I’m a collector of many other things, i’m what people might call a ‘stacker’, i collect precious metals such as gold and silver, in bullion and other forms.

I also collect video games from the late 80’s to the early 2000’s, super nintendo probably being my favourite.

3 Likes

4.bp.blogspot.com/-cWJr-kK0IxQ/Tg_kcIlp9sI/AAAAAAAAAFM/c_9egViNd-A/s1600/18+03-07-11±+Dragonball+Z+Tazos.JPG

some tazos from australia popular in the early 2000’s

Is that like another name for Pogs? They look like that.

1 Like

Some of those Draqon Ball Z ones go for like $300

Yes. Pogs seems to be a generic term, whereas Tazos were a specific type/branding.

Tazos were huge as a kid in the mid to late 90’s.

1 Like

Yep. They were commonly distributed in packets of chips, they followed a heap of themes such as looney tunes, star wars, austin powers and whatever was popular at the time.

Although I have recently started collecting empty booster packs. I want to punch myself in the face evertytime i think of all the ones Ive thrown out over the years but it has been kind of fun and cheap to put the mini sets together and a couple local collectors have been generous and helped me out, Ill post a couple pics when it becomes more complete.

I guess i could add tazos to my list of collections, heres some of my golds

4 Likes

I use to collect wrestlers/action figures/ toy cars both boxed + unboxed however this was when I was really young and stupidly sold them (it hurts)

Looking back I had at one stage every James Bond Car , every Eddie Stobart truck like 1-2000 matchbox+ hotwheels cars a nice collection for a kid… sigh

Now a days only really in the pokemon scene but not much or that active recently but a time will come to buy that sexy Espeon Play.

I also have acquired some toy police cars in recent months (may turn in to a big collection as of yet who knows)

1 Like

Is there a holy grail of toy cars? I know of one hot wheels prototype that is really valuable the van or something like that

I had that exact gold Trunks at the front! Please don’t tell me it’s worth $100 now…

worth $30+

the pink one? I think

I’ve been collecting so many different things; Vinyls, Comics, Sonic The Hedgehog merch, Retro Games, Lego Bionicle, Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, Magic, Manga, Warhammer Online merch…
At the moment I try to only focus on Pokémon, as I came to the realization that I want to have one nice collection instead of many different ones, and Pokémon is far superior in my opinion! So I have been slowly starting to sell off alot of the other collections to collect only Pokémon! :blush:

1 Like