Welcome to Elite Fourum Thread

Hi everyone,

if anyone knows how I can find a thread to chat about decks of the base/neo or ex era, I would be glad if you could dm me.

Kind regards,
professoroak95

Welcome here @professoroak95

I have just realized that I did not introduced myself here. I am Gaano here but @japanesepokemoncollector on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/japanesepokemoncollector/).

I collect PokƩmon items since 2016 and mostly sealed japanese booster packs. I am French and at the beginning I started collecting French booster packs, got some (like 1st ed Fossil and Base Set artsets) but quickly got interested in japanese packs. I loved their artworks !
So my goal was to get all booster packs from base set to World Champions Pack. Some of them were already very hard to get like WCP (of course !), Web, and some ADV or PCG packs (1st ed Mirage Forest and Miracle Crystal were a nightmare!).

I stopped my collection after I got all these packs because of the money I spent on them.
But at the end of 2020, I started to get a new interest in collecting because I discovered the existence of the holy grail unlimited World Champions Pack ! I knew I had to get one and put a lot of effort, tens and tens of hours and hundreds of people contacted in order to find one !

And now I am still here trying to find some cool items and information about some obscure items we do not really know a lot about (like the unlimited WCP)

1 Like

Welcome here @gaano

Hi :grin:
Iā€™m Michael, was guided to the forum by Pentagon.
Live in London UK
Been collecting since base set, yes iā€™m that old.

Recently started some new collections and thought what better place to chat about it.

1 Like

Welcome here @liquidpoison

Greetings all,

My name is Jordan. I have been collecting all sorts of TCGā€™s off and on for most of my life, Pokemon and MTG being the most consistent. I have lurked here for awhile but figured I might as well create an account as I have gained a lot of knowledge from this forum. Looking forward to getting to know the community more!

2 Likes

Helloooo
Iā€™m Grant
Fav pokemon: Haunter, Dragonite, Scizor, Togepi, Charmeleon and Steelix
Fav set: Skyridge

I grew up in the 90s collecting and trading cards with friends. The first holo I ever pulled was a polywrath base set 2. Around 2005 I ended up trading my entire childhood collection for some gamecube games because I was a dumb idiot. Although I was playing all the pokemon games, I stopped paying attention to the TCG until around 2011 when my friend got me back in. We made some decks and would battle all the time. At our local card shop, I still remember the card price for most holos was $3 (even for zardsā€¦ insane!). After a while we just kind of stopped playing and then I got really into collecting records (so any disposable income went to that). I still kept all my cards in storage and then this last year, a couple of other friends started a thing where they play every monday so I got sucked in again. Been really enjoying it for the hobby and art. I ended up creating an Instagram where I animate my cards in 3D. Itā€™s been a lot of fun and an artistic outlet I didnā€™t know I would love so much. Iā€™ve already browsed a few threads here and so far my favorite are the hidden pokemon in artworks and the skyridge artwork thread.

Excited to dive deeeep into the artwork threads.

cheers

4 Likes

Welcome here @swirlord
Welcome here @pokehalo

Hi everyone - my name is Joey M. , Iā€™ve been an avid TCG collector, now turned investor for mainly MTG but have a complete full 1st edition base set of PokĆ©mon and other vintage sealed boxes.

After some extremely time-consuming and life changing events, I finally have the time for myself and therefore created a YouTube channel about my passion for the hobby. Mostly finance-base discussion in the world of collectibles.

I heard about this forum from being at the Pokemon Saves the World event from a gentlemen who did Scott P. (SMPratte) proud by representing him for the pack opening on stage.

This seems like an amazing community and Iā€™m thrilled to have just joined - even if itā€™s been in existence for many years!

3 Likes

Welcome here @jaymorzcollectibles

Hi everyone, I am 23 years old and based in France currently. I love Pokemon since I was a kid. I started collecting cards recently in Dec 2020, and my first goal was to collect the first 151 Pokemons from base set, jungle and fossil in japanese. I mainly collect Japanese cards.

Now my goal is to make a Bulbasaur collection. I will do a thread later to show you my collection and the evolution of it.

You can also find me on Instagram at @fushigii_dane

I am happy to joining you guys. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome here @fushigiidane

1 Like

Welcome, @liquidpoison, @swirlord, @pokehalo, @jaymorzcollectibles, @fushigiidane!

3 Likes

Hello everyone! Iā€™ve been lurking here for almost two years now so I thought Iā€™d properly introduce myself so here goesā€¦

My name is Jonathan, Iā€™m a 27 and live in Florida. I consider myself extremely lucky to have experienced the golden era of PokĆ©mon in the late 90ā€™s - early 2000ā€™s. PokĆ©mon was a major part of my childhood and never truly left me. Through the years Iā€™ve played every mainline video game to date but didnā€™t always keep up with the cards and new sets. I got back into collecting the tcg in 2018 and have been trying to re-capture that magic ever since!

I am grateful for everyone here on E4 for providing some serious knowledge and expertise as well as entertainment. I figured it was time for me to jump in on some of the conversation and participate more often! I look forward to chatting with you all!

-Jonathan

5 Likes

Welcome, @howleatthemoon! Best of luck to you in your collecting and hobbying quest.

1 Like

Yo!
I always loved PokĆØmon cards but I never really collected them, so this is a ā€œnew worldā€ for me. Lately Iā€™ve been interested in starting to collect them and want to try it out

Currently I set my goal to collect all the cards illustrated by Yuka Morii, those cards are full of charm

3 Likes

@warp, Welcome to the community! Yuka Morii Is a stellar illus. to collect, with a really strong theme.

1 Like

Welcome here @howleatthemoon
Welcome here @warp

2 Likes

Hi All,

Iā€™ll go be Trainer B on here. Iā€™ve been collecting for about 20 years. Iā€™m very happy to answer any questions that I may know. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll have many questions of my own!

2 Likes