Value of Rare Misprint Uncut Sheet

I have a double-printed, uncut sheet. This may be a true one-of-a-kind item, so I’m having trouble with the valuation. It’s a really cool & unique piece, and I can’t find any sales records of one like it.

I picked it, and an uncut Base Set commons sheet, up at the card shop where I used to play Friday Night Magic (probably around 2002).

I posted it on Reddit and Facebook before learning about these forums. It got a ton of interest, and users there offered wildly different opinions of value, ranging from $1k-$50k+. I also got multiple offers to buy it, but I never know how serious those are.

Anyway, please take a look at these pics and let me know what you think. Cheers!

Also curious on the value of the uncut Base Set commons sheet - multiple starters & pikas.

14 Likes

Auction them if you actually want to sell. Nobody can value this stuff

1 Like

I’m leaning toward auction. Recent eBay scam stories have me nervous to sell there. Hard to know what kind of interest this would get at auction, since it’s not really something people would be searching for.

I had a section in my OP about how I was debating between auction or considering private offers, but I didn’t want to come across as “tactfully trying to sell,” per the rules.

These sheets seem to go around 10-20k according to some sold listings. It might be easier to send it in to PWCC to auction but that’s just my $0.02.

See if Rusty (TCA Gaming) could be interested

2 Likes

Gary already offered you $25k. That’s a lot of money to pass on

8 Likes

Yeah I didn’t hear back until today so passed.

6 Likes

Didn’t technically pass on it. I’m still waiting for the sheet to arrive from my parents’ house. I didn’t want to jump at his offer and then discover an issue with it.

understandable. don’t need to bid against yourself

Gary the misprint collector

Which sets are printed there? Fossil + Base 2 or Legendary collection?

looks to me like Fossil and Jungle.

@thecharizardauthorty is likely to be interested as mentioned. Price wise I am not sure but 25k does seem like a good offer. You can definitely lose potential buyers screwing around though and not having a price. I’ve walked away from a lot of items when a “seller” just perpetually fished for offers seemingly without any plan to commit.

Auction it or list it as a BIN obo even if the BIN is high it just is a better look to have an actual price that would take it.

9 Likes

There is no set value, you got to see what offers you get in. I´d just straight up auction it off via a auction house like heritage/pwcc.

$25k from Gary is a really good offer, much more than what I offered($5k). @jsmit209 Like I mentioned to you on IG you should take that, especially being from a good source. (It sounds like he may have pulled back on it though)

Auction is always a possibility for the record sale, but uncut sheets can be very niche and that may not go your way as you would think. If you have private offers at $50k then even I would be selling from my personal collection at that price.

14 Likes

Thanks for the insight. Until I have the sheet in hand and have inspected myself, I won’t be accepting any offers. Unfortunately, that means I wasn’t quick enough to give Gary a firm answer. Looks like auction may be the way to go, but you’re right, it’s a very niche item. Could be good or bad, but that definitely makes me nervous in an auction scenario.

1 Like

I see Switch, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, so I doubt that

Edit: also Potion

Almost looks like a Fossil Uncommon sheet in combo with a non-holo PCD sheet for Jungle (Power Reserve and Water Blast) but energy are off

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Power_Reserve_(TCG)
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Water_Blast_(TCG)

4 Likes

In his defense everyone has noted this is hard to price and he came to the forum asking for info. If I stumbled upon a similar sheet I’d likely do the same and politely delay offers until I got multiple opinions because I’d have no idea if an offer was phenomenal or a low ball.

10 Likes

To clarify and reiterate from when it was first posted, it is a Fossil sheet and a Jungle theme deck sheet.

Thanks @eureko, for providing clear photos!