UK Hidden Fates Fans! Reprint Re-stock Coming September

Apparently it won’t be going into stores and was online only because the way it’s been distributed directly from the US or something. Could be just a rumour but something to keep in mind.

1 Like

An RRP of £68.97 means they’ve put the prices up. I believe the RRP was £16.99 when these were last in the UK.

Chaos was selling for £53.95 and always seem to be the cheapest. Sold out again now though.

1 Like

Thats mental!

Can someone explain to me why these are so expensive? I don’t deal that much in modern sets but would like to understand why hidden fates is so expensive/popular.

I understand that hidden fates was only released in tins/elite trainer boxes and not booster boxes and there is the chance of pulling the big chase card charizard SV49 plus other popular fan favourites like Mewtwo.

But there is what 4 boosters and a promo card in a tin? So its around £16 per booster RRP if you minus the promo and tin cost? And the pull rate for a SV49 is extremely low from what I have read. Are they really worth that much??

The demand for this set is huge it really could be the most wanted set of all time. They are a business and like most will look to capitalise on this

1 Like

I’ve seen the most outside interest in all of modern for this set in terms of “resellers”, private and commercial, who usually just dabble in PC Hardware, Books, used Video games, Lego etc. They hardly understand what Pokemon cards, grading or any of these things are all about, but they bought cases of Hidden Fates and flex in their videos how good of a return the ETBs turned out to be. They go HEAVY into modern Pokemon. For an actually allocated and limited product, that had a significant impact for sure (especially for other languages than English). Esp. since they didn’t only buy from distribution, but they bought out competing stores who had the product in for too cheap as well.

Curious as to how large the reprint will turn out to be, maybe it’ll just be absorbed in no time.

2 Likes

Out of interest, does anyone know if the re-printed cards have ‘2020’ instead of ‘2019’ in the bottom left corner to distinguish them from the first print run?

It was £53.95 for three tins, one of each design. Just shy of £18 each.

1 Like

Ahh! Didn’t spot that! Thank you, makes more sense to me now, I just saw a charizard tin on eBay selling at £50 so it pretty much matched up.

1 Like

The tin prices on eBay are ridiculous! I wouldn’t personally be paying £50 for 4 modern boosters, but each to their own!

1 Like

Just got a last minute message from one of my distributors, asked a lot of times before since I heard rumours if they got any hidden fates for re-order, today I got a message they did and had to order within a couple hours.

My price is the same as the original hidden fates release, so most stores just seem to take some extra profit due to popularity.

1 Like

Yeh that was exactly my point too xD

1 Like

I’ll wait for Amazing Rares to be released September-December instead ~

1 Like

Pretty interested to see how this affects the prices of HF. The ETB’s are very pricey right now but it seems like only the tins are getting a reprint.

1 Like

And @sacari yeah I’ve already started budgeting for the holiday 2020 set, if the card list rumours are true it’s going to be a hell of a set.

I think this might be the first real test of Hidden Fates, in the sense of hype vs genuine, organic collector interest. Think there could be an initial dip in HF prices when the holiday set appears as people reallocate their cash, after that who knows.

2 Likes

What card list rumours if i may ask? If you mean Tag all stars cards in SWSH 3.5, that is just an assumption. Just pointing that already out for everyone. Nobody knows.

I don’t expect Sun & Moon cards to be released in a Sword & Shield set, maybe as product promo’s.

i hope they come back for pre-order. Missed out on them from Chaos Cards :slightly_frowning_face:

Yeah like I said it depends if the rumours are true. If Pokebeach’s articles claiming the gold tag team cards will be in it are true, then those cards would make it another hype set. My first thought was same as yours, i.e. can’t see them putting S&M generation cards into a SWSH set, however the Pokemon Company aren’t daft. They’ve really honed the craft of hype-creation. Why would they miss an opportunity to market those popular cards to their biggest TCG audience? Whether that’s building those cards into the actual set list, or just having them as promos, I think it’s likely we’re gonna see them somewhere. I guess an alternate possibility is that they make the 2020 holiday set a home for an English version of the upcoming 600-issue Rainbow Charizard VMax trophy card, that is - if it doesn’t show up in Darkness Ablaze.

Oh I see. Nobody confirmed Tag All Stars for SWSH 3.5, just all assumptions at this point.

The set name isn’t even known yet in English… TPCi is keeping this set very secret up until now.

Today the artworks leaked from the set:

www.pokeguardian.com/475178_ultra-pro-sword-shield-3-5-binders-revealed-confirms-cards-from-s3a-legendary-heartbeat

Calm down and read things carefully. We will know soon what is really coming, very soon.

@primallugia, I think we have our wires crossed somewhere. Whatever happens with the upcoming sets I’m looking forward to it! Can’t say the same for my wallet…

1 Like